No More Mr. in Mr. Potato Head

skeeter31

DIS Veteran
https://apnews.com/article/mr-potato-head-goes-gender-neutral-d3c178f2b9b0c424ed814657be41a9d8

Did anyone see this? Removing the Mr. from Mr. Potato Head and making him gender neutral. Starting this for some of the wonderful thoughts and opinions that are being regularly expressed on this board lately, specifically the posters in the Peter Pan thread. Some Grade A opinions there.

Where will the line be drawn? Is Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride next? Do they dub over his lines with Mrs, Potato Head in TSL (can we even call her Mrs. anymore)? Oh the humanity!!

https://apnews.com/article/mr-potato-head-goes-gender-neutral-d3c178f2b9b0c424ed814657be41a9d8

Did anyone see this? Removing the Mr. from Mr. Potato Head and making him gender neutral. Starting this for some of the wonderful thoughts and opinions that are being regularly expressed on this board lately, specifically the posters in the Peter Pan thread. Some Grade A opinions there.

Where will the line be drawn? Is Mr. Toad’s Wild Ride next? Do they dub over his lines with Mrs, Potato Head in TSL (can we even call her Mrs. anymore)? Oh the humanity!!
It would be more disruptive to the Toy Story franchise if they hadn’t already introduced a gender-fluid character in Forky.

I don't see a problem. In recent years you've been able to get whatever accessories you want and they all go in the same base, so you can make it male, female, or whatever else. The potato has no gender until you add the other parts and define that yourself.

Yeah, isn't the base "potato" for Mr. and Mrs. Potato Head the same anyway? I feel like there were sets that came with both, like "bucket o' parts" (oh, how I remember that commercial jingle), so it's really jsut a packaging change. It's no big deal.

Last edited:
Yeah, isn't the base "potato" for Mr. aand Mrs. Potato Head the same anyway? I feel like there were sets that came with both, like "bucket o' parts" (oh, how I remember that commercial jingle), so it's really jsut a packaging change. It's no big deal.
I mean, originally, back in the old days, all you bought were the parts, and you literally used an actual potato. So, yeah.

That is always weird to me when my kids do it. I am like why do you want to watch a Russian person opening boxes of toys
right!!!! My 4 year old especially loves the Russian family and I'm like you don't even know what they're saying 😂

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter