No more testing to return to Canada!!!

Great news! Now if I could only change my flight back home a day earlier. We decided to stay an extra night to allow for testing. Now we don’t need it

it sounds like we will continue to use ArriveCAN to upload proof of vaccination. There is also the potential for random testing once you arrive at the airport. CBC just reported the announcement may be made as early as tomorrow.
Global News Toronto said the announcement is scheduled for tomorrow at 10:30am. Let's hope they don't pull a fast one on us like a few weeks ago with the Antigen test change.

I fly home from Disney on April 1st so I'm tickled pink with this happening so I just cancelled my Quarantine reservations. However, now that we have this change is there any reason to buy Covid Insurance? 🤔

Last edited:

Global News Toronto said the announcement is scheduled for tomorrow at 10:30am. Let's hope they don't pull a fast one on us like a few weeks ago with the Antigen test change.

I fly home from Disney on April 1st so I'm tickled pink with is happening so I just cancelled my Quarantine reservations. However, now that we have this change is there any reason to buy Covid Insurance? 🤔
I think if I were on a longer trip, I would consider it in case I got really sick. For 5 days, naw.

I think if I were on a longer trip, I would consider it in case I got really sick. For 5 days, naw.
The reason why I am considering it is I was wondering that if I test positive for Covid going into the USA will Covid Insurance cover me for cancelling my trip. I believe regular Medical Insurance won't. Can anyone confirm my thinking?

The reason why I am considering it is I was wondering that if I test positive for Covid going into the USA will Covid Insurance cover me for cancelling my trip. I believe regular Medical Insurance won't. Can anyone confirm my thinking?
I don't think manulife's covid coverage covers trip cancelation but you may want to look it up.

Sorry - are you referring to the CDC mandate to test to fly into the US? That would be the icing on the cake if true …
Oh I’m sorry ! I just meant there was no official date for Canada to drop their testing but that the leaks were saying end of this month. I should have been more clear.

Of course I have $180 in switch tests on my kitchen table for our April trip.....
Anyone going before then and need a couple tests?
I assume at this point we still have to test to go into the USA. Im happy we don't have to bother but choked I spent the money and don't need :(

So, just to make sure, we can now DRIVE to and return from the US just as we did before covid (assuming we're fully vaccinated)?!?!?

Yes, as it stands now you can drive over the border and fly domestically within the US without testing to cross the land border or fly domestically within the US. And yes you also have to be fully vaccinated to go into the US, depending on the border agent depends if you will have to show proof. You however have to test to come back home no matter if it's land or air or ferry.

Yes, as it stands now you can drive over the border and fly domestically within the US without testing to cross the land border or fly domestically within the US. And yes you also have to be fully vaccinated to go into the US, depending on the border agent depends if you will have to show proof. You however have to test to come back home no matter if it's land or air or ferry.
Until April 1, then we don’t have to test anymore returning to Canada.

Haven’t heard yet about US testing flying into US but I think they’ll probably drop it Soon.

Of course I have $180 in switch tests on my kitchen table for our April trip.....
Anyone going before then and need a couple tests?
I assume at this point we still have to test to go into the USA. Im happy we don't have to bother but choked I spent the money and don't need :(

You can always use the Switch Health to ENTER the United States if you're flying...

We just purchased two switch health antigen tests last Friday for travel next week. I don’t think that I can return them. Anyone else have them

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter