No parades?

Tennor

Mouseketeer
I'm looking at the entertainment calendar for early January - only one month away - and it's showing there no parades at either park. Is that for real?

This is likely correct. I am sure it is disappointing, but once the Christmas Fantasy parade ends, there will likely not be any parades until the new parade debuts later in the year, unless I am mistaken.

Disneyland will not have a parade till the new one debuts in the spring, the bandtastic cavalcade should return during that time. DCA hasn’t had a full parade since the major construction for marvel started. They will have the Mulan show during lunar new year more than likely.

We went in January/February 2016 and there was both a day and night parade in both parks. That is awful that they have removed it!!!!
Right now, there is construction in DCA for the new Marvel land and the food festival booths are lining the parade route. The food booths will be in place for a while -- after the Holiday Festival of Food ends, Lunar New Year starts. When that ends, the Food & Wine Festival starts up soon after. And the Marvel construction won't be completed until sometime next year. So it will be a while before DCA has its parade route back to normal.

We went in January/February 2016 and there was both a day and night parade in both parks. That is awful that they have removed it!!!!

That was during the 60th anniversary celebration, but it's not typical for DLR. Traditionally, they scale back entertainment until Spring Break timeframe, then again until Memorial Day, when they go into Summer.

That was during the 60th anniversary celebration, but it's not typical for DLR. Traditionally, they scale back entertainment until Spring Break timeframe, then again until Memorial Day, when they go into Summer.
Yes it was! I didn't realise that that was the case though, luckily we went when we did then! The parades were probably my favourite thing!!!!

Will there be fireworks or WOC in January ? I didn't see that either for next month.
Not sure your dates, but for my trip, Fireworks are only scheduled for Friday, Jan. 10 (our last park day) and WOC is scheduled for all of our park days (Wednesday, Jan. 8 - Friday, Jan. 10). Check the park hours for your dates though to be sure!

They are developing a new parade "magic happens" that includes modern characters including Moana and Coco but it doesn't debut until the spring.

Everyone may have already seen, they have now announced Magic Happens premieres Feb. 28.

Not sure your dates, but for my trip, Fireworks are only scheduled for Friday, Jan. 10 (our last park day) and WOC is scheduled for all of our park days (Wednesday, Jan. 8 - Friday, Jan. 10). Check the park hours for your dates though to be sure!
Thank you ! We will be there on the 10th, For my Birthday !!!!!

We were there last January (Jan 27 - Feb 1, 2019) and there were parades all week and fireworks on the weekend. Why wouldn't there be ANY parades at all? I hope they are just late with announcing shows, because that would be extremely disappointing and frankly not okay for people visiting at that time. We are going during that same timeframe again this year.

Well, we're between parades right now. Soundsational isn't a thing anymore but Magic Happens isn't ready yet.

Disneyland will not have a parade till the new one debuts in the spring, the bandtastic cavalcade should return during that time. DCA hasn’t had a full parade since the major construction for marvel started. They will have the Mulan show during lunar new year more than likely.
As in March or April? If it’s March I’m going to have to add parade viewing to my plan...

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter