No rooms left at POR May 3-9

magicmouse

Earning My Ears
I wanted to extend our stay at WDW but there are no rooms left at POR. This is the only affordable option for a party of 5.
I wish Disney would consider letting families of 5 stay in their resorts. They would not lose so much business to off site hotels then, would they ?

Did you call CRO more than once to inquire? Once I called 3 times in a row, got 3 different CMs, the first said nothing available, the second said part of our stay was available, and the the third said "No problem, we can do that". Also, go online and try booking there to see if there is availability. ~:D~

I wish Disney would consider letting families of 5 stay in their resorts. They would not lose so much business to off site hotels then, would they ?
We're five and it's true that other than deluxes, there are few choices at WDW in the mods or value resorts. However, this is common in the hotel industry altogether. Unless you're staying in a suite-type hotel, other hotels are geared for 4 or less. Your average value or moderate hotel chains such as Comfort Inn, Fairfield Inn, Days Inn, etc. accept ressies for 4 people or less. The only difference is that there aren't any real penalties for putting 5 in a room like there is in Disney, meaning that you can't get a room/pass key for the 5th (or 6th, or 7th) person at WDW resorts if you're only booked for 4.

When we go to visit my mom or go other places where we need a hotel room (other than WDW), we usually just book 4 people and the 5 of us stay in the room...but boy is it cramped and we could sure use the extra bathroom.

Keep calling :) I'm sure people call to change their dates, cancel reservations etc. ... so you never know, something could open up.

I think they seem to be keeping rooms back for people transferring from the FQ.

Why dont they sleep 5 in CBR ! the rooms are even bigger than POR:rolleyes:

Oh I tried online - no luck either.

Magicmouse,I don't know if your interested but I went to Kingdommagictravel.com and they had openings for your dates for 5 people.I think the rate was $144 per night.Debbie

It really doesnt make alot of sense as Disney told me that the reason for only 4 in a room is due to fire code (room size) but the other moderates are just as large as POR. You would think they would allow 5 in a room at least at one more moderate to give larger families a choice. We too have 5 in our family and really like POR but it would be nice to have another choice (an affordable choice). Last year I sent Disney a letter regarding this and they responded with fire code/room size.

I don't think it's fire code, it has to do with the number of beds. A DVC 1 bedroom is 3 times the size of a moderate and only allows 4 also (1 king bed, 1 queen pull out). Most moderate rooms are 2 doubles, they figure 2 per bed or 4 max. Add the trundle and you have room for 5. Some deluxes have a daybed for a 5th person.

The letter I received from Disney stated "fire code". It said it was based on square footage per room and the Florida fire code prohibits more than 4 per room in the value and most moderates. Again, I don't totally understand as the other moderates (besides POR) are not any smaller they would just have to add the trundle beds. I really enjoy POR but just was curious about the "rule" that is why I had contacted Disney. In fact, they sent me a certified letter.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter