"Non-Alcoholic Beverages" on DDP

larslovesyou

Mouseketeer
I searched around the Forums, but didn't seems to find what I was looking for. hopefully you all can help answer!

I know that-on top of sodas, water, juice, coffee - some places accept milkshakes as a drink on the Dining Plan. But there are a few more items i was wondering about:
:confused3
• French press coffee ?
( we are eating at Kona & Artist point and wanted to know if I could get their french presses as my beverage, they cost OOP around $7)

• Lattes & espresso drinks?
( I know these qualify as snack credits, but it would be great to get with a meal!)

• Sparkling water ?
( Is this for DxDP only?)

TIA

I'm curious to this as well.

Most of my TS meals will be dinners. I am limited in the evening to diet and caffeine free beverages, which basically means water. Since a drink is included with the meal, wondering if I'd have any options.

Just like the milkshakes, the answer is some places. Anything beyond the standard fountain drinks (e.g. the ones that come with free refills at TS or you pour yourself at beverage dispensers in resort food courts) will depend on the restaurant/server so you'll have to ask whenever you see something that interests you.

In general the Disney owned restaurants are far more likely to allow specialty drinks. We've had pressed pot coffee, designer coffee drinks, milk shakes, smoothies, and non-alcoholic cocktails.

The third party restaurants are less likely to allow anything beyond the standard fountain drinks because they are reimbursed by Disney according to the rules of the dining plans.

Pressed Pot Coffee: For us at Kona it required 2 adults to use their beverage entitlement. Sigs allowed each of us to order it as our drink.

Lattes, espresso and other coffee drinks: This varied with the restaurant.

Sparkling water: If bottled it was not allowed, but a couple places included it in a carafe.

Thanks! I figured it was going to be a "sometimes" situation. I'll make sure to ask our servers. :)

Curious as to where we can get milkshakes that would count as a drink on QS and TS? Is Sci-Fi one?

I know at Sci-Fi you can order a milkshake as a drink and/or your dessert on the DDP.

This is only for Adults on the DDP though, not children.

Curious as to where we can get milkshakes that would count as a drink on QS and TS? Is Sci-Fi one?

I'm not sure you can get a milkshake for your beverage using a CS credit, although it might be allowed as your dessert.

At TS the most commonly mentioned restaurants where you can get a milk shake for your drink and/or your dessert as part of an adult TS credit are Sci Fi, 50s Prime Time and Whispering Canyon Cafe.

I'm not sure you can get a milkshake for your beverage using a CS credit, although it might be allowed as your dessert.

At TS the most commonly mentioned restaurants where you can get a milk shake for your drink and/or your dessert as part of an adult TS credit are Sci Fi, 50s Prime Time and Whispering Canyon Cafe.

A few years ago, I know I had a milk shake with my QS meal at Min & Bill's Dockside at HS. I don't remember if it was my drink or my dessert, but I don't remember having a different drink with my meal and I vaguely remember a cookie, sooooo MAYBE it was my drink option???

What about at Beaches and Cream? As having a milkshake, burger and sundae would make this a bit better value when on the dining plan.

At Coral Reef they had 3-4 non-alcoholic drinks that were available with the dining plan. I had a "No-jito" which was basically a mojito without the alcohol and in was included in my table service meal.

It depends on the restaurant. I remember getting a $6 smoothie included at one place (but forget the restaurant), but at Via Napoli I wanted to order one of their specialty soft drinks but the waiter said it wasn't included there.

Always ask.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter