Non dining plan reservations to dining plan reservations

wiggles02

Mouseketeer
If I have some reservations made without the dining plan do I need to cancel them and change them if I'm going to get the dining plan? Or can I just tell them at the restaurant that we have the dining plan?

I added the dining plan just today...
I already had several reservations made including HDD. I had them refund the money I had paid and they changed the reservation to indicate that I'm on the plan. I had about 4 other reservations and she said it was up to me if I wanted her to go in and put that I was on the dining plan. She told me that it would probably be a little less hassle if I added it. She was able to pull up all my ressies by my phone number and do it very quickly.

I think it's just up to you.

luvdiz said:
I added the dining plan just today...
I already had several reservations made including HDD. I had them refund the money I had paid and they changed the reservation to indicate that I'm on the plan. I had about 4 other reservations and she said it was up to me if I wanted her to go in and put that I was on the dining plan. She told me that it would probably be a little less hassle if I added it. She was able to pull up all my ressies by my phone number and do it very quickly.

I think it's just up to you.

This is not directed to you but to anyone who may know the anwer. Why would it be a hassle to have ADRs that reflect DP and non DP. Does anyone know why the dining CM's ask whether we are on the dining plan when we call to make ADRs? Does one type of ADR get preferential treatment over the other. I apologize if there is an obvious answer that I just don't get.
Thanks!

Disneyhappy said:
This is not directed to you but to anyone who may know the anwer. Why would it be a hassle to have ADRs that reflect DP and non DP. Does anyone know why the dining CM's ask whether we are on the dining plan when we call to make ADRs? Does one type of ADR get preferential treatment over the other. I apologize if there is an obvious answer that I just don't get.
Thanks!

There is no difference in treatment. They ask if you are on the plan so that if you make an ADR for a restaurant that requires an upfront payment you are not charged the payment at the time of booking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter