Non eater at Biergarten

idohair2

Earning My Ears
I had weight loss surgery and eat like a bird. Can I sit with my family while they eat at Biergarten and not order?

I know the general rule is everyone must pay but I’ve been thinking recently what happens if there is medical condition that prevents eating anything at all there (something like feeding tube). I’m not sure your situation qualifies since you technically could eat just not worthwhile amount for price but what about scenario if someone actually couldn’t eat? I’d imagine there’s some process to get exemption for ada reasons but I’ve never heard anything beyond blanket statements of if you go you pay. Any thoughts/experiences?

I know the general rule is everyone must pay but I’ve been thinking recently what happens if there is medical condition that prevents eating anything at all there (something like feeding tube). I’m not sure your situation qualifies since you technically could eat just not worthwhile amount for price but what about scenario if someone actually couldn’t eat? I’d imagine there’s some process to get exemption for ada reasons but I’ve never heard anything beyond blanket statements of if you go you pay. Any thoughts/experiences?

I’m sure there are exceptions to the rule, but generally speaking, expect to pay.
I would just think of it as paying for the entertainment at The Biergarten. :)

Unfortunately Disney doesn't generally make exceptions even for things like feeding tubes. As others have said, at the AYCTE restaurants you are generally paying more for the atmosphere/experience than you are for the food.

Especially when you are dining at a restaurant that also includes entertainment like at the Biergarten .. you can expect that they will charge you whether you eat or not.

Think about it this way-can you imagine trying to police buffets? How many would try to deliberately cheat the system. I didn’t eat, well I had a bite of….but I didn’t eat! It is easier and smarter for Disney to have a blanket policy of everyone seated is charged.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter