• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Non Peak Season?

Can someone remind me what is considered non peak time to visit Disney? Thanks

Good luck. What used to be peak and non peak seem to be mixed lately. From all the reports it looks like the crowd levels can be unpredictable. From our experience, if you can find the dates when most schools are in you will be pretty good.

September and January still seem to be fairly quiet from the TR I have seen.

Keep in mind not only your local school district, but nation wide. For instance, many schools in the south let out for the summer at the end of May. Other aspects to consider are if there are any special events happening, Food and Wine Festival, Flower and Garden Festival, Disney Marathons. etc.... We though we would beat crowds by going just after President's day in February, just to find or resort teeming with cheerleaders and dance team members who were competing at the World of Disney, and we were staying at AKL, not a value

January didn't seem too bad, and the very first part of May wasn't too bad, I would avoid Mother's Day weekend however. September may not be to crowded either, not only is it back to school time, also hurricane season.

It is not as easy as it used to be to find a non peak time, which most consider to be low crowds.

How do you check dates to see if there are events happening when you plan to travel? We were just talking about arriving on presidents weekend and staying through the week next year, but I have no idea when the competition and marathons are.

I am not sure if there is information on what is happing at Wide World of Sports, I never looked into it. We were just surprised to find our resort filled with lots of high school aged girls, the parks weren't bad that is why it was surprising.
That specific trip was 2002, but we arrived on Tuesday of President's week. Week days are usually much less crowded than weekends. There are some schools, I have learned that have a mid-winter break in February. ( I'm thinking its primarily in the Northeast, but I could be wrong about location, I am mostly familiar with Texas, and North Carolina)

2010, I thought that I was going for a little heavier crowds when we went and stayed over Veteran's Day, I was so very surprised, I have never seen the Magic Kingdom as crowded as it was. It took me 45 minutes to get from the baby care center (by the Crystal Palace) to meet my family by Monster's Inc. Laugh Floor, it was that crowded, no parade, just a lot of people. I have often made that walk at a leisurely pace in about 5 minutes.

I you don't have school schedules to work around, it is so much easier.

The other events, like the marathons, can be found on Disney's web site, as well as some other sites that have Disney information.

early September is always very light crowds. Schools just starting so people don't want their kids to miss any days. Its great weather and an awesome time to go if you don't have kids or don't mind taking them out of school!

There's a web site called "Your First Visit" (**************.com) that provides a color-coded year-at-a-glance crowd calendar, highlighting the anticipated crowd levels for eac week of the year. It's all based on historical attendance records, holiday and vacation periods, and anticipated events including marathons and special events. Mid-January (expept for MLK weekend), early February (before President's Day), early November, and early December seem to be the least crowded, and the least expensive time frames.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter