North VS. South: The Mo Edition (ver. 1)

MonorailMan

<font color=red>Relatively Cheap Date, Dewars Alw
Many, many years ago something called the Mason Dixon Line was created. (Some people think it's actually drawn in chalk.....but it's not........so don't bother looking.) This, my friends, is what separates the northern states from the southern states in the United States.

Here's a game I thought we could all play:

Everyone makes a post listing something that makes either the north or the south something "special". It could be a type of food, a cultural aspect, or even a type of music that originated in a certain state. (You get the idea.) On Friday, at the end of this week, we can loosley tally up all the entries to see who wins......and then we can all point, ridicule and make fun of each other for our stoopid answers. :cutie:

Some minor rules

1. You don't have to be from the area of the United States you're leaving an answer/vote for.
2. Each person can only leave 1 (one) answer per day, which means, since it's Tuesday, each person will only be allowed 4 (foowah) entries total.
3. People who do not currently reside in the US, such as the adorable Glen, can be on my team. :lmao: Just kidding. You can vote for whomever you like.

That about wraps it up. Have fun! :woohoo:

Only one vote a day? :eek:

OK today I vote for the north!

People up there at least understand Olive Garden IS NOT Italian food!:sad2:

Sigh......How I miss the food up north! Orlando is nothing but one chain restaurant after another....it is getting a little better, but not much!

Portland Oregon Has RosieP! One vote for Portland.

Sigh......How I miss the food up north! Orlando is nothing but one chain restaurant after another....it is getting a little better, but not much!

I'm not voting with this, but OMG, Mike is so right. IT is chain restaurant hell here!

Cheerwine!

Huh? LOL I know it's a southern thing, but I'm not sure what it is exactly. :lmao:

So your vote is "better knowledge of food"? Sorry, dear......that's just heresay. We need something physical.......or at least something that's able to be proven. :)

Portland Oregon Has RosieP! One vote for Portland.

You should get 2 points for that one. ;)

The South gave the world Coca-Cola! (and Pepsi-Cola, and Dr Pepper . . . )

One vote for the South!

I'm not voting with this, but OMG, Mike is so right. IT is chain restaurant hell here!

Oh last night we had mexican....we went to Taco Bell, and the night before we had Italian, you know at Macaroni Grill, and tonight we're gonna have BBQ, probably at Sonny's, and tomorrow Shrek said we can have Chineese at Panda Express! Maybe someday I can go to get some fresh seafood at Red Lobster! :rotfl2:

OK so my last vote didn't count! Here is my re-vote!

NO DRUM CORPS FROM THE SOUTH HAS EVER COME HIGHER THAN 4TH PLACE!!!!

Even though his vote doesn't really count, I'd have to agree with you guys. Every time I've been to Orlando (around 10 or 11) I've noticed it pretty much is chain heaven. St. Pete was the same, but not quite as bad.

Oh last night we had mexican....we went to Taco Bell, and the night before we had Italian, you know at Macaroni Grill, and tonight we're gonna have BBQ, probably at Sonny's, and tomorrow Shrek said we can have Chineese at Panda Express! Maybe someday I can go to get some fresh seafood at Red Lobster! :rotfl2:

OK so my last vote didn't count! Here is my re-vote!

NO DRUM CORPS FROM THE SOUTH HAS EVER COME HIGHER THAN 4TH PLACE!!!!

I feel so bad for you. LOL :lmao: (Sorry...I'm laughing as I type this.) I'm kind of a "foodie", so I understand where you're coming from. I feel very fortunate to live within walking distance to....

-1 non-franchised Mexican restaurant
-2 non-franchised Italian restaurants
-2 wine bars
-1 non-franchised seafood restaurant
-2 non-franchised Greek restaurants/markets
-1 non-franchised Japanese restaurant
-1 non-franchised Thai/Chinese restaurant
-3 non-franchised "American" restaurants

You marched in a northeastern corps. That should make up for it. ;)

edit

Oops.....I forgot there are also 2 steak houses (which I guess can be categorized as American) and 3 coffee shops/bars.

Ugh!

I think the silly band nonsense shouldn't count. Nobody in their right mind even cares about that stuff!

:rolleyes1

Okay......I guess my vote for today will go to......

*dun dun dunnnnnnnnnn*

Chicago Deep Dish Pizza

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter