Norway pre- and post-trip suggestions

JRM815

Earning My Ears
We (travel party of 4 adults) have pre- and post-trip days reserved for our Norway adventure this summer. I am looking for suggestions on fun activities and/or restaurants in Bergen and Oslo. None of us have been to Norway. Anybody have ideas to share?

We have been to Oslo (not on ABD) and are going back for a day on DCL this summer - Oslo is a beautiful city and very walkable. There are also some amazing museums there - we enjoyed the Munch museum and the Viking ship museum (which is, unfortunately, closed currently). On our upcoming trip, we will visit the Fram Museum and the Norsk Folkmuseum (they are very close to each other, so you can do them both on the same day - we have hired Oslo Chauffeur service for the day). You can also visit the Olympic ski jump, City Hall, sculpture park, etc. Many great restaurants - on this trip we are going to Engebret Cafe (Oslo's oldest restaurant) and also trying Den Glade Gris.

We (travel party of 4 adults) have pre- and post-trip days reserved for our Norway adventure this summer. I am looking for suggestions on fun activities and/or restaurants in Bergen and Oslo. None of us have been to Norway. Anybody have ideas to share?
My mom and I did this ABD in July 2022. We had one pre-day in Bergen (mostly just to get a good night’s sleep) and one post-day in Oslo. We did the funicular in Bergen up to Mt. Fløyen and had lunch at the fish market in Bergen on the first official day before the welcome dinner and had a blast. The fish market has a lot of different food stalls. We got a bowl of steamed mussels, some shrimp scampi and a caviar sampler and really enjoyed it. There was also a cart selling fresh mini donuts that we got to take back to our hotel room. On our last day in Oslo we were pretty exhausted, but we went to the Munch museum (which we loved) and then had lunch at Koie Ramen nearby (which I also heartily endorse as a ramen lover).

In Geiranger, definitely make a point to visit the chocolate shop (Geiranger Sjokolade) for some of their fantastic truffles. We bought a box of 30ish and enjoyed them for a couple of weeks after returning home. They’re a bit pricey but well worth it.

Norway is BEAUTIFUL, have a blast on your ABD!!

My mom and I did this ABD in July 2022. We had one pre-day in Bergen (mostly just to get a good night’s sleep) and one post-day in Oslo. We did the funicular in Bergen up to Mt. Fløyen and had lunch at the fish market in Bergen on the first official day before the welcome dinner and had a blast. The fish market has a lot of different food stalls. We got a bowl of steamed mussels, some shrimp scampi and a caviar sampler and really enjoyed it. There was also a cart selling fresh mini donuts that we got to take back to our hotel room. On our last day in Oslo we were pretty exhausted, but we went to the Munch museum (which we loved) and then had lunch at Koie Ramen nearby (which I also heartily endorse as a ramen lover).

In Geiranger, definitely make a point to visit the chocolate shop (Geiranger Sjokolade) for some of their fantastic truffles. We bought a box of 30ish and enjoyed them for a couple of weeks after returning home. They’re a bit pricey but well worth it.

Norway is BEAUTIFUL, have a blast on your ABD!!

Oh my gosh - Geiranger Sjokolade is the best!!! OP, get the hot chocolate, too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter