Not A Real Safari!!!

dementia412 said:
okay, okay, I can't take it, what is little red?

Little Red is the baby elephant that is the premise of the race back to stop the poachers. It is in fact not a real elephant. :) The animals up and about appear to be real :goodvibes

This reminds me of the elderly ladies we rode POTC with who hated the ride because of the live cannon balls zipping past their faces, or all the people who have been up in arms about all the people screaming in alien encounter not realizing most all of it is in the headphones.

ENJOY THE RIDES and HAVE SOME FUN!!!!!

dementia412 said:
okay, okay, I can't take it, what is little red?
She's the little girl who got eaten by a big bad wolf on the way to her grandmother's house, I believe. Sorry, but Lil Red is the animatronic baby elephant that is rescued from the poachers at the end of the Safari. She is definitely not real but all the other animals are most certainly living and breathing. The best time to ride Safari is first thing in the morning when it is coolest because the animals tend to be most active then. Lastly, the poachers are also real. How else do you think Disney comes by the exotic meats they serve at Boma on the buffet?

Yeah, well, lemme tell ya... I'm not so sure I believe those are ostrich eggs that the safari guide points out each time... I mean, I've gone on the safari at least once a year since AK opened, and those things have NEVER hatched? ;)

Lilnickyboy said:
My friend just told me that some of the animals on the safri ride at AK are not real :sad2: . She said her neighbor told her (he knows a CM) that some the animals are machinical :guilty: ! I was shoked! She wasn't sure if she could belive him so next time she was making Ressie's with a CM she asked him this and he told her hat some of the animals aren't real!I CAN'T BELIVE DISNEY WOULD DO THIS TO US :sad1: :sad1: :sad1: :furious: ! The safari beng one of my favorite rides, has now lost some of it's magic knowing this fact. Does anyone know if this is really true :confused3 ? ( I hope not!)

hi

we will be at the POLY the same time!!

see ya at the volcano pool!!!

Thanks grumpyuncle, it's been driving me nuts... I can't wait to do this, we have an African Savanah train ride through at our zoo here, and I want to see how much cooler Disney's is. :cool1:

I've been on the safari a few times and yes I was dissapointed the first time I saw there was a fake animal involved,as in Little Red, but now I laugh at it everytime we go. I do know for a fact that if nothing else, two of the giraffes are real...last time we were there one walked across the road and our truck had to stop for it, while the other one stood right next to the truck and left us a "present"...now if they can make animatronics do that then Disney is way ahead of the game!! :rotfl:

This is when the giraffe walked right in front of our safari truck and we had to stop. If you look in the rearview mirror that is me in the green shirt taking a picture, and DBF in a white shirt!!
P1010175compressed.jpg

And this one got up close and personal, no zoom used here...
P1010176compressed.jpg

i don't care they look real enough, and that's good enough for me. :cool1:

Like, ohhhh myyy Gawd, the animals are like, not real and stuff. My best friend Jenny said they weren't real, and I was like, no way and junk.

mickeymousemom said:
You have GOT to be kidding me!

I have absolutely NO patience for people whose thought processes don't go much farther than a nanometer...... :crazy:

Why do some people think that just because it's DISNEY, EVERYTHING is animatronic? Are these the same people who think we've never landed on the moon? Maybe all the guests walking down Main Street are animatronic. Maybe I'M animatronic. :teeth:

No offense to you, OP... I understand you are younger and just want to make sure this isn't true.... :goodvibes

Rest assured, minus Little Red,the animals are real. All of them. Disney spent lots of time and money to build an area that closely resembled an African safari. They also spent lots of time making sure certain animals can't get close to other animals to harm them. Have a good time next time you go...it's as true of a safari as you might get in the US of A!

:rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Yeah you might burn yourself really bad with that fake fire. Then you will have to go to a fake hospital to get the fake burn fixed up. :rotfl:

ZebraDomeCrazy said:
BE CAREFUL!!! That's dangerous stuff! :rotfl:

They use something like that at the mall we go to here. My kids love watching the fake fire, and my mom had a fake fireplace before... those suck!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter