• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

not eating at character meal?

4DisneyfansinNC

DIS Veteran
I'm wondering what you think of this? There are going to be 5 adults, 4 children at a character meal. One of the adults has so many food allergies and is lactose intolerant that she will NOT eat outside of her house. Even at home she barely eats anything, white rice and french fries....that's about it. Anyways....can she go to the character meal and not pay since she won't eat anything? The rest of us will be paying. TIA!

if you call ahead they will fix her food that will fit her allergy/dietary needs. Where/what does she plan on eating while there?

Thanks, I'll try to convince her to just talk to the chef about it. She plans on just eating fries and cup-o-soup she'll bring from home.

I'd just tell her to be prepaired to pay, so she might as well call ahead and work something out.

I have read they charge a fee for someone who doesn't eat at a character meal. it is something like $5. They call it an "entertainment" fee.

Sometimes, and sometimes they will make you pay regardless of if you eat. It seems to depend on the restaurant and the moment in time on whether they will charge an "entertainment fee" or expect you to pay full price even when not eating.

Disney is amazingly good at accomodating food allergies - which gives them the leeway to say "sorry, she will pay, but we will be happy to meet her needs."

Hi Jen! :wave: I finally have an opportunity to "talk" to you here on the DIS!!!

You know, Trevor has a peanut allergy, and we just got back from our great trip. I dealt extensively with the food & beverage offices before our trip. Let me know where you are eating, and I'd be happy to help you out!! :teeth:

Diana :earsgirl:

My son has severe food issues. It all depends on the waitperson on how you will be charged. Sometimes they charge full price (even though he only orders french fries) and sometimes they only charge for what is actually ordered. It seems the more friendly and accomodating CM's don't charge. I don't argue the point, but I do tip accordingly.

Nice to see you over here! :wave:
I'll tell Misty, or maybe you should email her your experiences with Trevor, she'd probably be more encouraged talking with someone who has gone thru it.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter