Not getting notifications etc.

Sorry, I don't receive emails for subscribed threads (Watched Forums), so I don't know the email address it comes from. Hopefully someone else who indicated they'd found emails in their spam/junk folder can respond.

ok i just went and cleaned out my cookies and added this email into my contacts. Now someone reply so I can see if i get an email.:)

Do you know how to switch threads so the latest thread shows first?

At least some of you are getting them in your junk folder. I haven't gotten a single email notice on an old subscription or a new subscription since the changeover.

Do you know how to switch threads so the latest thread shows first?
I'm not sure? I did add the forums I like to look at to my watch forum, but I'm only seeing postings in alerts. I don't really like that feature. I'd rather have the email. I just don't get why I'm not getting emails when I have the box checked and the address someone listed further up in my contacts. Plus I have a problem when I'm at work I can't access the disboards unless I go thru that link. They have it blocked but when I click on the link in an email I can get here. Now I only come on during my lunch hour like now, but still I need those emails. I'm glad I have a few old ones still I can use. Other than this issue I'm ok.

I have tried everything and I am not getting e-mail notifications. I really think this is a Disboard problem that needs to be corrected.

You can set the sort order for the list of threads in a forum at the bottom of the page, Thread Display Options.

Can you tell us if someone is working on the email notification problem?

I was getting them in my junk folder, but today I haven't gotten any at all, and that's after adding to my contacts list.

In another thread, we were advised to add webmasteralex@wdwinfo.com to our address book. I did it on my iPad, in contacts, and set it up as a VIP, now I seem to be getting them in my inbox again. On a computer, I would go to my email, then add to my address book. Hope this helps.

:sunny:

I tried that just recently and it hasn't made a difference.

Besides, if the address wasn't in my address book, wouldn't any emails just go to my junk mailbox? I have not had any show up there either.

I had a thought...is your email a work email? At my work, the IT dept. has filters set that I have no control over. On occasion, I've even had an email from my mother that apparently dumped into spam (and yes, she's in my address book -- maybe spam is telling me something?).

I had a thought...is your email a work email? At my work, the IT dept. has filters set that I have no control over. On occasion, I've even had an email from my mother that apparently dumped into spam (and yes, she's in my address book -- maybe spam is telling me something?).

Poor mom. :)

I appreciate everyone continuing to brainstorm on this.

But no, I'm using a personal email account.

OK, one more thing I just noticed (and it may be new since earlier in the week)

Go to your Watched Threads list
Do any of the threads have the word "Email" sort of mid-screen, at the end of the thread title line next to the Replies section?
Picture1.png
It's kind of hard to see in this picture, but inside the red circle is the word "Email" and I'm getting emails when new posts occur.
The thread below that does not have the word Email and I am not getting emails about that thread.

Oops, clicked post by mistake before I was done...

So next to each thread title, between the avatar and the title, is a little white box.
check that box for each thread you wish to receive emails.
at the bottom of the list is a white space that probably says "With selected..." -- click in that box and select Enable email notification
click the "Go" button next to that box

Let me know if that works...

ETA: the Watched Forums appear to have similar options to select enabling email and/or alerts

Last edited:
Oops, clicked post by mistake before I was done...

So next to each thread title, between the avatar and the title, is a little white box.
check that box for each thread you wish to receive emails.
at the bottom of the list is a white space that probably says "With selected..." -- click in that box and select Enable email notification
click the "Go" button next to that box

Let me know if that works...

ETA: the Watched Forums appear to have similar options to select enabling email and/or alerts

They did all say email on that page. But I went ahead and checked all the boxes and selected "enable email notification". I wouldn't think I would need to do that since they already said "email" but we'll see.

Thanks for continuing to help figure this out.

They did all say email on that page. But I went ahead and checked all the boxes and selected "enable email notification". I wouldn't think I would need to do that since they already said "email" but we'll see.

Thanks for continuing to help figure this out.

I know the kinks are still being worked out, and I know everyone involved must be super-busy, but I really wish someone would officially address the situation. I know there are definitely some notifications I'm still not getting. I'm getting used to the new format and LOVE how easy it is to post photos now, but the email thing is kinda frustrating.

:badpc:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter