Not getting notifications etc.

Well, things seemed to be working for awhile. I was getting emails and then this morning...nothing. I checked my alerts...nothing. I searched the forums and found some threads with new posts. I'm sorry but you can't blame this on my email server.

At least you were getting some emails, I haven't gotten a single one since the change over. For me, this is a big issue and I hope that they fix it soon.

Still not a single solitary email for me. :(

Me either! I know that it might not be a big deal for a lot of people but it is a big deal for me. I do NOT like the lack of email notifications and, for me, the alert button isn't seomthing that I like. I have also found that the alerts aren't working most of the time either. I know that more than three or four threads that I am following had activity yesterday but I only received three or four alerts. As I said on another thread, I am quickly losing touch with the Dis.

At least you were getting some emails, I haven't gotten a single one since the change over. For me, this is a big issue and I hope that they fix it soon.

Me either! I know that it might not be a big deal for a lot of people but it is a big deal for me. I do NOT like the lack of email notifications and, for me, the alert button isn't seomthing that I like. I have also found that the alerts aren't working most of the time either. I know that more than three or four threads that I am following had activity yesterday but I only received three or four alerts. As I said on another thread, I am quickly losing touch with the Dis.

I feel the same way. I have lost touch with so many threads lately.

I agree, the alerts aren't the best way to follow the activities on threads, but the "Watched Threads" view works fantastically. I haven't missed anything on the threads I follow there.

Sayhello

I agree, the alerts aren't the best way to follow the activities on threads, but the "Watched Threads" view works fantastically. I haven't missed anything on the threads I follow there.

Sayhello

I subscribe to too many threads to use the "watched threads" approach. I liked the emails because they didn't always send email, but seemed to when a discussion really picked up. And it seemed like I would get an email on the first few posts after I subscribed. Then I could choose to visit the thread, triggering more emails, or not visit it and let it fade into oblivion.

I subscribe to too many threads to use the "watched threads" approach. I liked the emails because they didn't always send email, but seemed to when a discussion really picked up. And it seemed like I would get an email on the first few posts after I subscribed. Then I could choose to visit the thread, triggering more emails, or not visit it and let it fade into oblivion.

This is exactly how I feel about the watched threads approach. The emails worked best for me.

The difference is that the emails are going out from a different server, with a different email address, and it appears there is something about the new setup that some email servers do not like. It's not something that was changed on your side. The WebMasters will have to change something about how they're sending the emails so that the email servers recognize that it's not Spam. But the issue appears not to be that the notifications are not being sent. Just how they're being sent. WebMasterAlex did say it was next on his list.

Sayhello
This is what I suspected and posted this here back on 2/11:

Would love to know if the sender: "webmasteralex@wdwinfo.com" has ever received an error 550 message, bolded below. I use Verizon and have my spam filter ON, but have chosen to have any spam placed in my spam folder on the server. I have never had any DIS emails in the spam folder nor have I ever received any emails from this address since conversion.

I wonder if Verizon and other ISPs are blocking the webmasteralex IP address? Maybe it's an open proxy/relay server or a dynamically assigned IP address?
________________________________________________________________________________________
Verizon Whitelist PolicyVerizon Online's spam-blocking procedures block certain IP addresses and domains that are identified as or suspected of being sources of spam, viruses, or other threats. "Whitelist" requests may be made to exempt specific addresses or domains from being blocked by these procedures.

Please note that whitelisted status does not guarantee delivery of email. There are a number of reasons why email may not be delivered aside from the spam-blocking procedures that whitelisted status addresses, including issues with the sender's ISP or the recipient's filter settings.

Whitelist requests should be made only if the sender of blocked email receives the following error message:

ERROR 550 Email from your Email Service Provider is currently blocked by Verizon Online's anti-spam system. The email "sender" or Email Service Provider may visit http://www.verizon.net/whitelist and request removal of the block.

If the sender did not receive this error message, whitelist status may not address the issue. The sender should contact his or her ISP. Verizon Online customers may also check their spam filters and Spam Detector folder. For further assistance, please refer to Email troubleshooting in the Verizon Help site.

To protect its customers and its networks, Verizon Online reserves the right to reject whitelist requests and to revoke whitelist status if granted. Verizon Online may deny or revoke whitelist status without notice for any of the following reasons:

1. Whitelist status will be denied to or revoked from servers that are open relays or open proxies.
  2. Whitelist status may be denied to or revoked from direct connections from dynamically assigned IP addresses.
  3. Whitelist status may be denied to or revoked from senders with reputations for sending spam, as determined from publicly available sources on the internet.
  4. Whitelist status may be denied or revoked if Verizon Online receives complaints regarding email sent from the exempted sender.
  5. Whitelist status may be revoked if more than 10% of email from an exempted IP address is rejected as undeliverable or the sender refuses to accept notices that email was not deliverable.
    Additionally, to obtain and maintain whitelist status, senders must agree and adhere to all the following terms:
    1. All whitelist requests must contain the requestor's valid contact information.
    2. All email originating from the whitelisted address must be compliant with the federal Can Spam Act of 2003.
    3. All bulk email to Verizon Online subscribers must be solicited, meaning that the sender has an existing relationship with the recipient and that the recipient has not requested not to receive mailings from the sender.
    4. All subscription-based email must include the sender's valid, non-electronic contact information, including phone number and physical mailing address, in the text of each email.
    5. Persons transmitting mail from the whitelisted address must not hide, forge, or misrepresent the sender of the email or the sending domain.
      Finally, the following technical requirements must be met:
      1. The sending domain must have an MX record.
      2. The server listed in the domain's MX record must accept mail to the address from which mail is sent.
      3. The server listed in the domain's MX record must not block verizon.net or 206.46.252.0/24.
      4. List servers must use a valid "envelope from" address to accept message bounces.
      5. Servers must be secured to prevent unauthorized or anonymous use.

I subscribe to too many threads to use the "watched threads" approach.

It's ironic, my own experience is exactly the opposite to yours - I find that I am subscribed to far too many threads to allow the DIS to clog up my mailbox one thread at a time. Seeing them all listed in a single "watched threads" list (which is where my browser takes me whenever I click on my DIS link) so I can see which ones contain unread posts at a glance, is really a much easier way to manage lots of subscribed threads (600+ in my case).

I guess the best-of-both-worlds option would be a daily digest, where you get an email once a day to notify you which threads have had new posts, but let's allow the admins to get the current system working reliably for everyone first!

Andre

It's ironic, my own experience is exactly the opposite to yours - I find that I am subscribed to far too many threads to allow the DIS to clog up my mailbox one thread at a time. Seeing them all listed in a single "watched threads" list (which is where my browser takes me whenever I click on my DIS link) so I can see which ones contain unread posts at a glance, is really a much easier way to manage lots of subscribed threads (600+ in my case).

I guess the best-of-both-worlds option would be a daily digest, where you get an email once a day to notify you which threads have had new posts, but let's allow the admins to get the current system working reliably for everyone first!

Andre

What it shows me is that having options that allow people to choose what is best for them is a good thing..

Well, things seemed to be working for awhile. I was getting emails and then this morning...nothing. I checked my alerts...nothing. I searched the forums and found some threads with new posts. I'm sorry but you can't blame this on my email server.

I too have noticed the same thing with the alerts - also sporadic at times but I am getting most of those - I think - just hadn't mentioned it before but that's been ongoing since the switch.

I feel the same way. I have lost touch with so many threads lately.

"Losing touch with Dis" is the best way to describe what's happened to me. Having received absolutely no e-mail notifications and being busy, I keep forgetting about Dis. So, I forget to go online to check alerts, etc for subscribed Dis posts. I don't know if I'm missing posts in Alerts because I don't have time to check all the subscribed threads. Sure hope this can be fixed.

"Losing touch with Dis" is the best way to describe what's happened to me. Having received absolutely no e-mail notifications and being busy, I keep forgetting about Dis. So, I forget to go online to check alerts, etc for subscribed Dis posts. I don't know if I'm missing posts in Alerts because I don't have time to check all the subscribed threads. Sure hope this can be fixed.

I feel the same way. When I was receiving the email notifications, it would be my reminder to head on over to the Dis and catch up. I haven't received a single email since the change over either. I have made many friends on the Dis and loved making new ones too. However, with the new format, I can't seem to stay caught up or in touch.

Well..... I don't want to say this too loud....
....."Got my 1st e-mail notification today" (sent at 2:50AM) on 1 of my watched threads. :rolleyes1
Don't tell anyone...someone might fix it.. Shuuuuusssshhh :ssst:

OMG..... I just got a 2nd e-mail notification....:worship:

Ironically all of mine have seemed to have stopped. I was getting most of them before, but since last night nothing..I hope it's just a coincidence...but I didn't get a notification for this one.

It keeps getting more interesting. This morning I have some emails in my inbox and some in my junk folder.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter