Notebooks and Binders and Worksheets - Obsessive/Compulsives Only!

we3disneygo said:
:rotfl2: love this thread!! I have a 3-ring binder, a smaller binder that i found a office depot which i have planning print out sheets from UTG and I have a day planner which all the addy pages are filled in with info. for disney and all other info. so I can take it with me......

OMG, I forgot about this! I had a small three-ring binder with the Touring Plan pages I'd carefully printed out (back/front, no less, which isn't easy to figure out let me assure you). Then, the night before we were leaving, I couldn't find it.

Panic!

I called my Brother and SIL--had I left it there? I called my parents (who live 180 miles away)--did they have it? Logic had left the building.

I practically accused Boyfriend of attempting to sabotage the trip before it had even begun.

I stayed up two hours reprinting everything.

Of course, I found it in my car, under the seat, a week after we got home.

Anybody remember the small 3 ring binders that they sent out with the old Disney Club membership packets. they had info about the parks and resorts as well as some neat graphics "filler" pages and a nice Disney Club logo on the front.

Well i saved mine and i formatted some templates in Word. I import Excel spreadsheets with park hours for our trips, ressie numbers, EMH for each park, parade/firework and special event times. phone numbers, coupons from the internet for area attractions. directions to places off site, flight numbers and rental car info.....you think it up - i put slap it into one of those templates, print it out and put it in that mini binder.

it is small enough that it can get tossed into the daily park bag easily and not be in the way like my first generation larger standard binder.

While planning for our next trip i update the info and replace the pages in the binder with current stuff.

An anal retentive planner chicks dream.

I also have a very obcessive "things to do before out trip" list that starts about a month or two out from our departure date. crazy detail oriented, but we never forget to have someone feed the fish, water the garden or bring in the mail.

- lori

loriandmatt said:
Anybody remember the small 3 ring binders that they sent out with the old Disney Club membership packets. they had info about the parks and resorts as well as some neat graphics "filler" pages and a nice Disney Club logo on the front.- lori
Hey! I found that little binder in a box the other day--what a great idea!! I have a binder (which needs to be replaced because it is too small) named "The Great Big Book of All Things Disney" where I keep all the info I have gathered after 4 trips as well as the itineraries from prior visits. I currently use an Excel file to do all my planning which I would be happy to share. I have one sheet for the entire trip itinerary and then individual sheets for each park day. I don't think I will have time before we leave (woo hoo - NEXT Friday!!) to transfer all of the info for this trip to the small binder but it will sure give me something to do between trips. :sunny:
Obsessive WDW Planners unite :crazy:

OK, First just let me say...." :worship: :worship: :worship: :worship: "

You all are way out of my league - but I totally admire you all.

Being technically challanged, spreadsheets are something I dream about, but can not achieve.... I went with a good'ole ruler, paper, and pen and charted out a calendar - and albeit stone age in its makeup, it's content was admirable. Each day of the trip was a column and everything that was "written in stone" like ADR's, shows, fireworks, etc. was in one color ink and things that were "great suggestions, or ideas for the day" (but did not have to happen) were in another color ink. The ADR's had restaurant name, ADR # and time. This proved absolutely invaluable throughout the trip (especially when Sci-Fi - could not find our ADR). Flight numbers,times, etc. were also included on this. I found it very handy to only have to deal with one sheet of paper, rather than several.

Although I am compulsive in planning, and love every second of it.......I am also very "dis"organized from a paper standpoint and a little scatterbrained (I choose to embrace this as a virtue). So even though I was able to sleep at night because I had kick@## plans....I forgot to bring the plans along one day and another day could not find them for the life of me in the hotel room. :) Lamination sounds like a great idea since my "master plan" was a crumbled mess with ink runs by the end of the week.

In closing, I :lovestruc love this thread.

I'm a scrapbook geek, so I actually created my own planner from scratch...while I printed out all my itineraries and ADRs (or at least, I'm in the process of it), I dressed 'em up with my scrapbook papers and paints and stickers and other things.

My point being, even if you aren't a scrapper, you could still purchase a couple of supplies (there are tons of Mickey & general Disney stickers out there) and create something really unique and festive that you can keep as a momento. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter