Nothing to See Here...

I love all the pictures, especially the ones with the reindeer ears! :)

Thank you! You know I am a big fan of your TR 'work' as well! It only took me two months to get around to adding photos to this darn TR, and some of them are at the beginning of the report and some of them are here, so people may have no clue where to look, or may only look at the end, but I figured I had better get something in here photo-wise - FAST!!! Compared to your TR and a couple of others, which are chock full o' good shots, mine is pretty empty, but at least there is some color in here now!

I don't think they sell those reindeer mouse ears anymore. I don't recall seeing them last December or even as far back as 8 years ago! It seemed to be a limited time sort of thing.

I found you!

Fun pics! I love the retro stuff :goodvibes

Thank you! I forgot to add in the picture with my bulky Mickey earmuffs - wait until you get a load of those - but I will do that tomorrow!

In an act of sheer unoriginality, I stole Mariezp's idea (which may have been your suggestion, I can't recall) to post little photos of the key players at the very beginning ofthe TR so readers would have a clue who I was talking about. I thought it was a good idea when you (or whomever) suggested it to Mariezp, so I just 'borrowed' it! Hee hee!

Travelmel, was the link in my signature not working when you first tried to find my TR? If so, I must fix it!

Travelmel, was the link in my signature not working when you first tried to find my TR? If so, I must fix it!

Whoopsie! Color me ridiculously unobservant! I looked too low to see it. :rolleyes:

LOL I'm sure it works just fine. If you're smart enough to find it. :rotfl2:

Great pictures, Sherry!!!!!

It's neat to see how the character's costumes have changed over the years. I have a picture of me with a Pooh that looks like that too!!

Great pictures, Sherry!!!!!

It's neat to see how the character's costumes have changed over the years. I have a picture of me with a Pooh that looks like that too!!

Did you see the pictures with the reindeer Mouse ears? If I am not mistaken - and you can confirm or deny this since you were just there - they don't sell the reindeer Mouse ears at DLR anymore, do they? We got them in 1994 and I never saw them again!

Yes, characters' costumes have changed - as well as the characters themselves. I never see Roger Rabbit out and about anymore. And Marsupilami is gone forever. The Big Bad Wolf is all but vanished.

Did you see how bored I look in my Buzz Lightyear picture? Funny, because I wasn't bored at all but it just looks that way!

Anyway, glad you are enjoying the pictures. I kind of inserted them at the beginning, sort of middle and towards the end, but there are a bunch of them!!! And there are more to come!!!

Awesome pictures Sherry :)

How cool that you got a shot with the beast ! Oh and I LOOOOVE your mickey mouse leggings ! Totally cute ! You guys all look like you're having a blast together. Its so nice to see!!!!

Oh my gosh Sherry, your pictures are so amazing, I am loving all of them so much, thank you for sharing them all, they really make me smile. I see you had meant Don Karnage before this year, that is so cool, would love to meet him and would love to see some of the older characters out in the parks, that would be awesome. I do have a question though, who is that character that is in the yellow costume, it almost looks like a bee or something, I have never seen that one before. I am also wondering if they still have Jack & Sally out doing meet and greets, I was lucky enough to catch them when I was out in Oct. for a day, I think it would be so cool if they kept them out from Halloween to Christmas and towards Christmas had Jack in his santa get up, that would rock!!! Sorry, huge Nightmare fan. Can't wait to see more of your pictures!!!

Here is a question totally off the record, how do you think the Mickey Ginderbreads and those apple snowmen and Tigger Tails would ship?? Not sure I could get DLR to ship them but if I knew someone that would be there and pick them up for me, do you think they would do ok, I was just curious. :goodvibes

Or course that is understandable that your friends don't pose in pictures like they used to. All of my family are like that now and I guess age does that to you. When I'm at DL age goes right out the window and I completely act like a dork! :laughing: Its the best place too!

I love all your holiday pictures though, they are really putting me into the Christmas spirit !

Oh my gosh Sherry, your pictures are so amazing, I am loving all of them so much, thank you for sharing them all, they really make me smile. I see you had meant Don Karnage before this year, that is so cool, would love to meet him and would love to see some of the older characters out in the parks, that would be awesome. I do have a question though, who is that character that is in the yellow costume, it almost looks like a bee or something, I have never seen that one before. I am also wondering if they still have Jack & Sally out doing meet and greets, I was lucky enough to catch them when I was out in Oct. for a day, I think it would be so cool if they kept them out from Halloween to Christmas and towards Christmas had Jack in his santa get up, that would rock!!! Sorry, huge Nightmare fan. Can't wait to see more of your pictures!!!

Here is a question totally off the record, how do you think the Mickey Ginderbreads and those apple snowmen and Tigger Tails would ship?? Not sure I could get DLR to ship them but if I knew someone that would be there and pick them up for me, do you think they would do ok, I was just curious. :goodvibes

Thank you so much for your kind words!!!!:goodvibes Is that Don Karnage?? OMG! I think we thought we were taking a picture with the Big Bad Wolf, because the Three Little Pigs used to be out quite a bit at DLR in the early to mid-'90s!!!:rotfl: :lmao: The character in the yellow is Marsupilami - he was a peculiar marsupial character that Disney based a show around which used to air on Saturday mornings, I think. He is gone from DLR forever - no one would know him now!!!

We didn't see Jack and Sally at all when we were there in October, but I would love to grab them for a picture just once! I love Nightmare too!

If Disney doesn't ship out the gingerbread cookies (and supposedly some of them are wrapped in plastic so they MAY ship those, you never know), I would not trust them to stay in one piece shipping all the way to PA. They seem very fragile. And I think the Tigger Tails and Snowmen would probably be at risk, too, because they wouldn't be properly cooled and may melt or get smashed with all the banging around in the boxes. I would guess that is why DLR doesn't ship food out - it's too fragile and delicate. I even had a mug break into 100 pieces in the mail, and that is more durable than food items! But those cookies MAY possibly be packaged up in some sort of way (like maybe they will pack them in a gift box for the holidays) that they WILL send them. If they are wrapping some of them in plastic, that leads me to believe there is a chance. Have you tried to call DelivEARS and ask them?

Or course that is understandable that your friends don't pose in pictures like they used to. All of my family are like that now and I guess age does that to you. When I'm at DL age goes right out the window and I completely act like a dork! :laughing: Its the best place too!

I love all your holiday pictures though, they are really putting me into the Christmas spirit !

Thank you, Jasmine! Kerri (Pixiewings71) suggested I show up at DLR when you guys are all there in January! I know your group and hers will be there sort of at the same time, and possibly Nancy (YellowMickeyPonchos) too! And hopefully someone can convince Courtney! So, I am going to tackle one trip at a time, and assess the money situation after this upcoming DLR trip and see if I can do a solo day trip when you guys are there - then we can ALL get in one big crazy, dorky group shot!! Age is only a number!!!

The holidays kind of sneaked up on everyone this year, I think - it is a great time of year, but I don't think anyone was ready for it. And Thanksgiving and Christmas are so close together in 2008, that it seems odd! I love the holiday season, but the full spirit has nto quite caught up with me yet, so I am HOPING that when I get to DLR in 2 weeks and see that big tree and the gingerbread Mickey cookies and hear the holiday tunes, I will suddenly feel Christmasy - or maybe I just need to dig my reindeer Mouse ears out of the closet and put those on!

Wait until I post the ever so dorky pictures with the fuzzy, bulky Mickey earmuffs! Those are earmuffs I don't think are sold anymore, but they were pretty cute! It looked like you we had two heads sprouting out of the sides of our heads but they were still cute!!

Thank you, Jasmine! Kerri (Pixiewings71) suggested I show up at DLR when you guys are all there in January! I know your group and hers will be there sort of at the same time, and possibly Nancy (YellowMickeyPonchos) too! And hopefully someone can convince Courtney! So, I am going to tackle one trip at a time, and assess the money situation after this upcoming DLR trip and see if I can do a solo day trip when you guys are there - then we can ALL get in one big crazy, dorky group shot!! Age is only a number!!!

The holidays kind of sneaked up on everyone this year, I think - it is a great time of year, but I don't think anyone was ready for it. And Thanksgiving and Christmas are so close together in 2008, that it seems odd! I love the holiday season, but the full spirit has nto quite caught up with me yet, so I am HOPING that when I get to DLR in 2 weeks and see that big tree and the gingerbread Mickey cookies and hear the holiday tunes, I will suddenly feel Christmasy - or maybe I just need to dig my reindeer Mouse ears out of the closet and put those on!

Wait until I post the ever so dorky pictures with the fuzzy, bulky Mickey earmuffs! Those are earmuffs I don't think are sold anymore, but they were pretty cute! It looked like you we had two heads sprouting out of the sides of our heads but they were still cute!!

OooOOo ! How fun would that be ?!?!

I know what you mean about the holidays sneaking up on you. I was TOTALLY NOT in the mood for Christmas these past couple of weeks. My parents and I just bought our tree and we decorated most of the house. We also watched A Christmas Carol and now I'm officially in the Christmas mood. I'm also going to bake sugar cookies and maybe even watch The Santa Clause and Elf ;)

I hope you have an awesome time in 2 weeks and I am expecting to hear about it when you get back !

Not that I didn't get resistance in the old days, but they were more willing to comply, and it worked out because everyone looks like they are having a blast, as you said!!

Maybe they're just not happy in real life? I know when I went to Disney once back many years ago I didn't have a great time becaues I just wasn't happy in real life... it was a bad time, you know? :confused3

I hope that if that's the case that they will find happiness soon and regain the ability to see things with fun and childlike eyes. :3dglasses

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter