Noticed any changes? (Virgin)

Eastender

Mouseketeer
We've quite frequently travelled to Orlando with Virgin over the last few years & noticed almost every time another little cutback.
Small things I know & but has anyone else noticed that
1. Meals are now not as good.
2. Used to get menu cards given out - no more.
3. Drinks trolley only comes round once now.
4. No sweeties on take off & landing.
5. Amenity packs are getting smaller (no socks etc.)
6.Stopped coming round with the Brandy & Baileys after dinner.
7.Spirits now served from the bottle instead of minitures.
8.Wine with dinner now served from bottle instead of personal 1/4 bottle.
I'm not a professional moaner & know we're lucky to get any of these things but seat pitch has always been bad & I'm trying B.A next time.

When were these cutbacks introduced?

We flew in October last year and we had menu cards in the seat pockets and we had sweeties given out.
Wine was in littles personal bottles too.

We also had socks in the amenity kit - who actually wears them anyway?

We flew with Virgin last March and had all the usual amenities - Miniature bottles, 1/4 bottles of wine, menu cards etc. etc.

Flew with BA this year in May for the first time and I was really quite shocked at the difference! No menu card, the announcement came over the tannoy - "To help you in choosing your Wine to go with your meal - we will be serving Fish or Beef!"
That was it - no further details!

There were no after dinner drinks either - and the food was pretty abysmal I have to say.

I think cut backs are being made all round but virgin would swing it for me having the seat back tv's. (Our BA filight was on an older plane and didnt have them)

Well...

1) I've never thought <i>any</i> of the airlines food has ever been any good ;)

2) Neither BA or Virgin give out the menu's any more - to be honest, they always seemed a bit of a waste anyhow (apart from supplying me with a souviner!)

3) It doesn't matter if the drinks trolley only comes around once...if you want a drink, just call for the air steward/stewardess, or take the opportunity to stretch your legs and go to the galley. You are not limited to how many drinks you can have (unless you're getting blind drunk)

4) I've flown Virgin & BA a few times...I've never had a sucky sweet!

5) I had socks in December

6) Nope no Baileys or Brandy...but if I want one, I can just ask anyhow.

7) I still got miniatures for my drinks

8) I still got mini bottles of wine with dinner

Maybe Virgin had a supply problem or something which meant they had to crack open the duty free to serve drinks? Who knows. I do know I agree with Janice... I flew BA last year and they had seat back TV's and a nice refurbed plane, after that, I really didn't think there was much to choose between Virgin and BA. I flew BA again in May. YUK. No seat back TV's, and a <i>very</i> tired plane, infact on the way out, two of the seat back tables out of the 4 in the row where broken in some way. After that experience, there really is no contest for me unless I KNOW I'm getting a refurbed plane again...it's Virgin for me every time...besides - I get my Frequent Flyer miles :D

Penny :D

bump....

we're flying for the first time with Virgin in September and it's interesting to hear people's views

:D

...... both BA and Virgin used to give out sweets for take-off ... BA used to give them out for landing too!
I've also had different experiences depending on destination and crew - the funniest was on a BA flight ( to India) when someone asked for some butter with their roll and was told that if they wanted butter, they should have flown Club Class LOL!!!
....... I think we got the socks on this flight didn't we Janice? A very nice shade of Kingfisher blue .... but as Janice says, this is a BA flight.

Ohhhh, I shall miss the socks, Ive had red, yellow, purple and blue over the years - mostly I save them for the 'love in a shoebox' appeals at christmas, along with the toothbrushed, mini notepads, pens etc., afterall I don't really need them, but some one who has nothing will take a great deal of pleasure from a pair of purple virgin socks!!!!!!!!!

Hey! I demand my money back, or at the very least, back payment of my sucky sweets! ;)

I am flying with Virgin again soon...I shall take note of what I get (or not as the case may be!)

Penny :D

I have flown with BA earlier this year and I was really shocked at how bad they had become. The plane was really old and not the cleanest of planes, there were no menu cards, no sweets and not a very large selection on drinks. They don't have any seatback TVs and I was really surprised. We flew to New York and as this is one of their busier routes I thought the flight would be decent, but to be honest I won't fly with them again if I can help it, we didn't even get the amenity kits on the way out!!

I am going with Virgin in September and I really do much prefer them, and the bag that you get with the amenity kit comes in handy for wet clothes at the water parks.:p

Helen :bounce:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter