Nov. 2011

Anyone in Nov 2011 club get anything recently?
We have until late Sept to pay and now I'm starting to look at other options... other resorts and possibly off site as well.

It's the first trip we booked in advance, as we usually book about 2-4 weeks out b/c I never know my work schedule. I was so excited when BLT was available (it's never available 2-4 weeks out), so we booked hoping to get free dining or a pin or something over the 10 month period. No such luck with PINs and when FD came out I called immediately and they told me no FD rooms available so I'm stuck with my current reservation. I'm so bummed. I even considered buying an AP pass to see if that would work (hoping we can make it back in a year), but they checked and no rooms with discount there either.

So now, I'm considering going back to Poly again (last time I called, we could get FD for our dates). Smaller space, but we've stayed there 2 times before, & know we like it. I was really looking forward to something different for once, but it would save quite a bit of money.

For us, my kids are at the ages that Monorail is non-negotiable for us right now if we stay at a Disney resort. We spend 65% of our time at MK, and it makes sense for us (I know this will change as they get older). If we don't do monorail, I think I'd rather go Off Property for now to save the money. So I'm trying to decide- eat the cost of BLT with no pin/no FD (DH not liking this option), switch to Poly with FD, or just go off property.

Anyone else in a similar pickle?

On the bright side- 2 more months til Disney!!! :)

Anyone in Nov 2011 club get anything recently?
We have until late Sept to pay and now I'm starting to look at other options... other resorts and possibly off site as well.

It's the first trip we booked in advance, as we usually book about 2-4 weeks out b/c I never know my work schedule. I was so excited when BLT was available (it's never available 2-4 weeks out), so we booked hoping to get free dining or a pin or something over the 10 month period. No such luck with PINs and when FD came out I called immediately and they told me no FD rooms available so I'm stuck with my current reservation. I'm so bummed. I even considered buying an AP pass to see if that would work (hoping we can make it back in a year), but they checked and no rooms with discount there either.

So now, I'm considering going back to Poly again (last time I called, we could get FD for our dates). Smaller space, but we've stayed there 2 times before, & know we like it. I was really looking forward to something different for once, but it would save quite a bit of money.

For us, my kids are at the ages that Monorail is non-negotiable for us right now if we stay at a Disney resort. We spend 65% of our time at MK, and it makes sense for us (I know this will change as they get older). If we don't do monorail, I think I'd rather go Off Property for now to save the money. So I'm trying to decide- eat the cost of BLT with no pin/no FD (DH not liking this option), switch to Poly with FD, or just go off property.

Anyone else in a similar pickle?

On the bright side- 2 more months til Disney!!! :)

Man, I'd love to be in that pickle. I could never afford any of those resorts, even with a room discount, so I can't even begin to advise you. I guess what I don't get is why if you aren't on the monorail, you'd rather stay off-site than at a different resort. :confused3 The step-down from "Monorail resort" to "off-site" seems a LOT farther than "Monorail resort" to "Beach Club" or "AKL".

I guess if you are stuck paying rack rate at a monorail resort - I would switch to the Poly and at least get the FD discount. Is the Poly really so awful?

Another possible suggestion...since you have no discount at all - perhaps drop the tickets/dining from the BTL package for now and keep it room only for the moment. You could then hold your room without having to pay off your reservation. Then if the discount comes, you can add the tickets/dining back on.

I think a lot of folks on here are in your boat, with having to decide whether to change. I feel lucky that I was able to get my resort choice with FD - and really it is only the first three days (room only) we are hoping for room discount and because it is room only I have the luxury of waiting past the 45 day mark.

Man, I'd love to be in that pickle. I could never afford any of those resorts, even with a room discount, so I can't even begin to advise you. I guess what I don't get is why if you aren't on the monorail, you'd rather stay off-site than at a different resort. :confused3 The step-down from "Monorail resort" to "off-site" seems a LOT farther than "Monorail resort" to "Beach Club" or "AKL".

I guess if you are stuck paying rack rate at a monorail resort - I would switch to the Poly and at least get the FD discount. Is the Poly really so awful?

Another possible suggestion...since you have no discount at all - perhaps drop the tickets/dining from the BTL package for now and keep it room only for the moment. You could then hold your room without having to pay off your reservation. Then if the discount comes, you can add the tickets/dining back on.

I think a lot of folks on here are in your boat, with having to decide whether to change. I feel lucky that I was able to get my resort choice with FD - and really it is only the first three days (room only) we are hoping for room discount and because it is room only I have the luxury of waiting past the 45 day mark.

I'm sorry - I apologize if my post came across as whiny!! That was not my intent.

The Poly is wonderful. Truly, I loved the Poly. For this case, it was more about just staying somewhere on the monorail that was different (it's the only place we have stayed each time when we've done "on property"). Also, with a baby and toddler, it did make sleeping arrangements in one room more difficult. Doable? Yes. But Ideal? Not really. That's why when BLT was available I was thrilled.

I like your suggestion about dropping to a room only now and then if we get fortunate enough for a pin or FD opens up, add it back in. And I guess if it comes to it, I have a few more weeks to decide. Thanks for the tip!!!

Oh, to answer your question on the Off Property....Right now, the main reason we stay on property is for the monoral. (I realize that might seem crazy to some- I'm weird like that, lol). If the convenience factor is gone, I think staying off property provides such a huge cost savings it enters our "picture" (if that makes sense).

Thanks again :)

I'm sorry - I apologize if my post came across as whiny!! That was not my intent.

The Poly is wonderful. Truly, I loved the Poly. For this case, it was more about just staying somewhere on the monorail that was different (it's the only place we have stayed each time when we've done "on property"). Also, with a baby and toddler, it did make sleeping arrangements in one room more difficult. Doable? Yes. But Ideal? Not really. That's why when BLT was available I was thrilled.

I like your suggestion about dropping to a room only now and then if we get fortunate enough for a pin or FD opens up, add it back in. And I guess if it comes to it, I have a few more weeks to decide. Thanks for the tip!!!

Oh, to answer your question on the Off Property....Right now, the main reason we stay on property is for the monoral. (I realize that might seem crazy to some- I'm weird like that, lol). If the convenience factor is gone, I think staying off property provides such a huge cost savings it enters our "picture" (if that makes sense).

Thanks again :)

No problem - I wasn't trying to be mean or anything. And I get how exciting it would be to stay at BLT...wish we could do it someday, but i think we'd have to win it somehow.:goodvibes

The one comment I would make is that if MK is your main goal - on-site is really great regardless of where you stay because the buses drop off right at MK. Driving means taking the car, parking in the lot, tram to TTC, then boat or monorail around. Admitted the busses from the deluxes around Epcot area are kind of lousy because they ALL share 1 bus, which makes the trek rather long. However, we love POFQ partly because from room to front gate of MK its usually < 20 minutes. I get how convenient the monorail would be, though.

Would you consider Wilderness Lodge? No monorail, but there is a boat that drops you off right at the front of MK. We've traveling the boat and it's only about a 15 minute ride and very pleasant. The lodge is amazingly themed as well, the rooms might not be as large as BLT...but you might even be able to get a 1-bedroom at the villas with FD for less than the price fo BLT rack.

even though i'm booked, etc.... i always like to check my dates and see what's still available....

is anyone else concerned about the lack of availability the 2nd weekend of nov for deluxes?? i played around with the dates nov 9-15... and it was scarce!! we've always gone this weekend and only epcot f/w is very busy.... i'm worried that someone let the secret out!!

even though i'm booked, etc.... i always like to check my dates and see what's still available....

is anyone else concerned about the lack of availability the 2nd weekend of nov for deluxes?? i played around with the dates nov 9-15... and it was scarce!! we've always gone this weekend and only epcot f/w is very busy.... i'm worried that someone let the secret out!!

There's apparently a large medical convention going on 11-13 November at the Boardwalk with rooms blocked for it at all the Epcot resorts, then there's another large convention happening at the Swan/Dolphin 13-15 November, not to mention others too. On top of that there's the theme park convention (IAAPA attractions expo, apparently this a really big one) happening 14-18 November and they've got special rates at a number of hotels including the Yacht & Beach Club.

Hi Lisa (lulu2), TH ank you so much for the great envie!

Hi Candice (SallyNeko21), I sent an envie to you yesterday!

Hi Kim (in Guam), I sent an envie of expired coupons to you too!

I hope everyone is having a great day! I'm looking forward to our trip--a month and a half to go!! Jennifer

Hi Lisa (lulu2), TH ank you so much for the great envie!

Hi Candice (SallyNeko21), I sent an envie to you yesterday!

Hi Kim (in Guam), I sent an envie of expired coupons to you too!

I hope everyone is having a great day! I'm looking forward to our trip--a month and a half to go!! Jennifer

:confused3 Wrong thread maybe?

There's apparently a large medical convention going on 11-13 November at the Boardwalk with rooms blocked for it at all the Epcot resorts, then there's another large convention happening at the Swan/Dolphin 13-15 November, not to mention others too. On top of that there's the theme park convention (IAAPA attractions expo, apparently this a really big one) happening 14-18 November and they've got special rates at a number of hotels including the Yacht & Beach Club.

Jersey week is also late this year and falls over the 2nd weekend our schools are closed from the 8th thru the weekend

We are going this November Thanksgiving week and I am now wanted to add a night (will do w/ a separate ressie) on Nov 18th and can not find any discounts anywhere??? Anyone been able to get a RO discount in this time frame?

Nope...no discounts so far....and my deadline is next week...we are now looking to downgrade to a diff category...rack rate for a Cont theme park view room is just not justifiable-for us. I know some people have that in their budget, but not ours. this would be thre first time we would have no discount in a room for many years...but, I would rather down grade from a Deluxe vs. the option-NO trip!!! I still have till Tues,...so we'll see if something comes up before then.

The weather ought to be fantabumagilistic in November! And the crowds will not be large, either!

If you haven't already made arrangements and don't care so much if you get the "free dining" package (if you pay full fare for your accommodations), take a look at the DVC Rent/Trade threads. You can stay at the Deluxe resorts for about the same price as the Value resorts would cost you. As a DVC member myself, I can tell you it's totally worth it.

The weather ought to be fantabumagilistic in November! And the crowds will not be large, either!

If you haven't already made arrangements and don't care so much if you get the "free dining" package (if you pay full fare for your accommodations), take a look at the DVC Rent/Trade threads. You can stay at the Deluxe resorts for about the same price as the Value resorts would cost you. As a DVC member myself, I can tell you it's totally worth it.

what exactly does that entail? How does it work? I am clueless!:confused3

I believe there is also an Autism convention at the CR that weekend as well. The CR has been fully booked for months. If a RO does ever come out, I will not even be able to apply it to my reservation. Good thing I at least have a AAA discount. 10% is better than nothing.

My 45 day point was today! Let's hope the next few weeks goes by fast!!! :)

I ended up having them check for a pin again- no luck. Also, no luck with any special offers at the BLT (FD, RO, etc). But CM looked and did see that FD did open up for one room at Contemp. It was too much savings to pass up, so I made the switch! So, CR, here we come! I'm excited to do something different, and hopefully BLT will work out for us some other time.

Fingers still crossed for a pin code, but now that we've paid, my guess is that my chances are 0!!

Where's the Nov crew?!?!? We're almost there!!!!

TRIP IS PAID AND WE ARE READY TO GO!
we also have 45 days to go! i can tell you this, i've been calling adding people to our grand gathering with no problem @ pop! so, i'm hoping 11/11-19 is a goood week with low crowds!!!!

We paid today too!! I had to back up our trip by one day to take advantage of the FD...and got the Poly-Garden View..there was no availability at the Cont. when I called...but that's fine= kids are ecstatic and I save over $2200!!!!!!:yay: Yay me!!! I am so looking forward to this trip! I can't tell you!! I am just relieved to not have to keep scouring and lurking around for a RO discount, I am paid, and have my request for our longhouse put in! I am gonna call later and make sure the payment showed up on the acct...and probably add one more day to our park hoppers! I know the weather is gonna be awesome-it was perfect last year and November is always a great travel month for our family...so hat's off to all of us paying off the trips and in the 45 day range this week!!!!

Yeah, we are at 37 days in our countdown!

We are feeling okay that we have our room at WL booked with a AAA discount. At least it's something . . . no discounts or anything else available. Plus, now, there is nothing available in our rate category that weekend, so we could only use a PIN code if we upgraded our room. Still, I'd be willing to do that . . .

More than that, we're excited to be going soon! We'll be there from 11/4 to 11/8!

We are very happy with our free dining for the end of Nov/beginning of Dec, but just got a RO pin on Sept 26: For stays most nights now–11/18 & 11/26–12/22/11 for 35% Deluxe, 25% Mod/Value. So everyone in those dates looking for RO offer...if you didn't get the email PIN, call to see if it applies to you!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter