November 10, 2018 - Disney Fantasy 7-Night Very MerryTime Western Caribbean

Welcome Terri! We cruised the Dream back in May of last year and that was enough of Nassau for us... HAHA! We are really excited for a Christmas cruise also. How neat that you live so close to Disney and Legoland. We are thinking after the cruise we will goto Legoland (one of our favorite parks!) It's SO laid back and not all hustle and bustle like Disney. You can go on a whim with no plan at all and have a wonderful time... it reminds me of going to Six Flags growing up. No plans, just GO and have great fun :cutie:

I'm hoping for nice CC weather too, it was PERFECT in May, so I can't really imagine it being nice in November, but who knows! HAHA! We will be celebrating my birthday as well, but a bit early (mine is on 11/21) and my FIL's is the 29th.
We have cruised twice in November the weather at castaway cay was great both cruises water was a little chilly but really not as cold as you would think although coming back home and flying into Buffalo the last cruise was another story we had a freak snow storm early november and flights were cancelled for a day we were lucky we were staying onsite after cruise for a few days and managed to get on our fight we booked with no issues others were stranded at the time

I'm Tricia and will be traveling solo. This will be my 18th Disney cruise(5 on Magic, 4 on Dream and 9th time on Fantasy). Just returned home from the 11 night Southern Caribbean on Fantasy.

I'm Tricia and will be traveling solo. This will be my 18th Disney cruise(5 on Magic, 4 on Dream and 9th time on Fantasy). Just returned home from the 11 night Southern Caribbean on Fantasy.

11 nights sounds wonderful! What ports did you go to and what did you do at each?

11 nights sounds wonderful! What ports did you go to and what did you do at each?
The ports were Aruba, Barbados, Martinique, St. Kitts, Tortola and Castaway Cay with 4 wonderful sea days - 2 traveling from Port Canaveral to Aruba, one from Aruba to Barbados and one from Tortola to Castaway Cay. I only did excursions in two ports: Aruba -Atlantis Submarine and Martinque - Belfort Banana Plantation. The other ports I just walked and explored on my own. Many people complained of not liking Martinique because of the culture(it is an overseas region of France), language barrier(French is the official language) and money issues(Euro is the official currency and yes many places will not take the US dollar) but I truly enjoyed it.

Welcome Tricia! How fantastic you've been able to go on so many cruises. My grandmother has been on several cruises that she went solo when she was younger/healthy. My pop pop would stay home, so she would just find other "single" ladies on board and make great friends along the way. Some of the best years and vacations of her life she has told me!

Sorry but please delete us from the cruise list we have moved our reservation to December 1st. Eastern Caribbean. Hope you all have a great cruise!

Sorry but please delete us from the cruise list we have moved our reservation to December 1st. Eastern Caribbean. Hope you all have a great cruise!

Have a great cruise! We did the Eastern Carib on the Fantasy this past January and loved it!

Hey everyone! I can't wait for this cruise! This is our second cruise. Our first was a Bahamian cruise on the Dream! I'm sailing with our family including, my husband, son (6 on the cruise but turns seven a couple weeks later), daughter (4 when we leave), mother, MIL, FIL, BIL and his girlfriend and son!! I am so excited!!

Hi all, I'm Jessica. This will be my family's first Disney cruise. I'll be traveling with my husband and two sons (5 and 3.5 at the time of sailing). We will also be celebrating our 7th wedding anniversary on 11/11 :) We can't wait!!
Our kids are close in age! My son will be six and daughter 4!

Hey everyone! I can't wait for this cruise! This is our second cruise. Our first was a Bahamian cruise on the Dream! I'm sailing with our family including, my husband, son (6 on the cruise but turns seven a couple weeks later), daughter (4 when we leave), mother, MIL, FIL, BIL and his girlfriend and son!! I am so excited!!

Welcome! I didn't catch your name, but I will add you to the opening post of cruisers if you'd like. :)

Looks like you are traveling with a big group too! It will be my family of 5 and my MIL and FIL. When did you do the Dream cruise? We did one in may 2016, loved it but way too short!

My youngest will be turning 4 the August before the cruise, so maybe they will all be little kids clubs buddies!!

So we've jumped ship (sorry for the bad pun :rolleyes1) and are now sailing two weeks earlier (also Western Fantasy) on a HOTHS cruise that sails over Halloween. Hope you all have a wonderful cruise!!!

So we've jumped ship (sorry for the bad pun :rolleyes1) and are now sailing two weeks earlier (also Western Fantasy) on a HOTHS cruise that sails over Halloween. Hope you all have a wonderful cruise!!!

Have a great Halloween cruise! Sounds fun!!!

I will be cancelling this cruise due to work changes planned for year, but to ease the pain I have booked a short three night for this December and will do a place holder for 2018. Hope you all have fun!

I will be cancelling this cruise due to work changes planned for year, but to ease the pain I have booked a short three night for this December and will do a place holder for 2018. Hope you all have fun!

Glad you are still able to fit a short cruise in atleast! Have fun :)

Yes, I'm excited but it's still such a long ways away and I'm worried something will come up so we have to cancel. I am keeping my fingers crossed.

Yesterday we ended up booking two nights before the cruise at Radisson Resort at the Port. The reviews are ok, some good, some not so good. Hopefully it will be ok. We plan to do one day at Kennedy Space Center and this resort is pretty close to that and the port. We still don't know if we are flying or driving....I'm hoping flying because otherwise it's a 22 hour drive :scared1: which we've done before but I hate it. If we drive, we won't do Kennedy Space Center because I don't want to add too many extra days because of DD's school.

Anyone else booking pre or post stays?

On our two prior cruises, we stayed at Disney so this will be different.

We will be booking a pre-visit night. We have a long drive, but not 22 hours!! We usually stop overnight half way in Lake Park or Valdosta, GA since we have 3 young kids. I'm sure we will again. Then just drive straight to port early the next morning since it's only about 3.5 to 4 hours. If we leave at 7 am, we can make it by 11 am and our port arrival time will be no earlier than that because let's be honest... I can't get us all up earlier than 6 with breakfast and in the car before that!

Looking at flights and they are ugly so I think we are going to be driving. I just mapped it and it's 19 hours, not 22....still ugly.

The drive down is much easier than the drive home. The drive home is tough.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter