November 2020

Hey group. I will be canceling a CRT @ 7:55pm on Sunday Nov 22nd. If anyone wants to coordinate, please let me know shortly. ADR is for 6.

Please don’t be discouraged by my post. I think you made a good decision moving to the Riviera one bedroom. It will be like your own little oasis and escape from the crowds if it happens to be crowded in the parks. With a kitchen and a balcony, not to mention a great pool, the Riviera alone will be a great vacation. I posted after a particularly crowded day at MK on a Saturday, weekends are always crowded, so just keep that in perspective. It does feel like every bit of that 35% capacity was present at MK yesterday, but we had our cabin to escape to midday and unwind, eat, rest, refuel for the evening. You can really make it as laid-back as you wish. The boats and busses are not crowded at all. The restaurants are not excessively crowded. You can find pockets in the parks to avoid the crowds. Go and enjoy this time away from all the news reports and escape for a bit.

Thank you! See my post below from the Thanksgiving thread.

Well it’s official.., WE ARE GOING!!:yay::love::yay::love:

This has been such a tough decision... so much back and forth - should we, shouldn’t we...one decision made and 30minutes later our minds changed. Or the next day..,

Yes - I’m very excited we are going! :santa::yay::love:

Thank you everyone - I’m talking to you two @DisneyDoesMyHair and @kniquy - and others for your honesty and support and for sharing your thoughts and feelings for others to see! As I said above, This helped us make our decision... eventually!

Thank you! See my post below from the Thanksgiving thread.

Yes - I’m very excited we are going! :santa::yay::love:

Thank you everyone - I’m talking to you two @DisneyDoesMyHair and @kniquy - and others for your honesty and support and for sharing your thoughts and feelings for others to see! As I said above, This helped us make our decision... eventually!
Yay! I’m so glad y’all decided to do it! We just wrapped up our last park day at AK yesterday, packing and laundry today, headed out in the morning. Already have the Disney blues, but this was such a great escape from the world for a few days. Y’all are going to have an amazing trip!

Soooooo.....

Hellooooo November People!

What is everyone's countdown?

I must admit to feeling a mix of nervous/excited and usually I'm just excited.

We talked it over (again) and we are still going (as of now).

We are comfortable with the risk of being in our resort room, and in the resort itself - we're getting groceries, it's a one bedroom, etc. and we are comfortable with the risk of being at the pool because I've seen how they're handling spacing and cleaning the surfaces, chair spacing etc. (it's exactly how our local club pool handled things and it was very successful).

We are less comfortable than we were with crowded parks. So the new plan is - we go early, stay for a little bit, then leave. Go back before it closes if we want to - but we had to come to terms with the fact that we might not be making the best choice pulling an 8+ hour park day. One exception was Animal Kingdom where we are doing things we dont normally do like walking the trails. and finishing my son's Wilderness Explorer hunt. We feel like we can take our time and remain in open air pretty spaced out with minimal touching of things and people exposure.

What about everyone else - plans changing? Staying the same?

Soooooo.....

We are comfortable with the risk of being in our resort room, and in the resort itself - we're getting groceries, it's a one bedroom, etc. and we are comfortable with the risk of being at the pool because I've seen how they're handling spacing and cleaning the surfaces, chair spacing etc. (it's exactly how our local club pool handled things and it was very successful).

We are less comfortable than we were with crowded parks. So the new plan is - we go early, stay for a little bit, then leave. Go back before it closes if we want to - but we had to come to terms with the fact that we might not be making the best choice pulling an 8+ hour park day. One exception was Animal Kingdom where we are doing things we dont normally do like walking the trails. and finishing my son's Wilderness Explorer hunt. We feel like we can take our time and remain in open air pretty spaced out with minimal touching of things and people exposure.

This is exactly what we did in September/October, and it was perfect. We were able to hit the highlights early and then leave when the crowds arrived around lunch.

Soooooo.....

8 days for us and the fact that the park reservations have been refilled twice has greatly increased my anxiety about going. But we will since we rented non refundable DVC points and plan on going early and leaving if it’s too crowded for us.

We will be there in 5 days. Must say I am a bit anxious, wasn't really before. I am thinking because numbers are going up and places are starting to really close or put restrictions back into place. We will be as safe as possible, but like everyone above has mentioned, if too crowded and not enough social distancing and mask compliance, we leave and go back to resort. Hopefully, most people will follow the rules and safe practices. Just need a few days to "try and relax and forget about the world around us" though not sure how much that can happen if I am constantly going to be on the lookout to make sure we are not putting ourselves in a bad situation. Either way, we are going as long as we are able to. This will be our "girls trip" , me, my dd14 and my sister and niece 13. We need this :lovestruc

Soooooo.....

We arrive on Nov 21! No changes for us. Although we are considering a DVC rental for part of our stay....some of the prices for booked rentals (people that are canceling) are insane. I saw a 2bedroom BWV for 2 nights....$400 a night. Crazy!

I've said it before, but we are in the same boat as many of you. Take the parks basically hour by hour. Resort is an excellent fallback day if necessary. @LeeLee'sMom has some good takes on this season. Your last 3 words are absolutely perfect in every way......did you find them on a measuring tape? QUOTE: "WE NEED THIS"

My last spam post for now (lol): For those that are there now (or have a lot of past experience) - we typically go in September or October, never been in November. I read a lot of information, but real life examples are the best. What is the true weather feel? The weather shows basically 80 in the day and 60 at night. Typically for my family 80 would mean shorts/t-shirt. My concern is the 60 at night. Currently, in Oklahoma, we are having very similar temperatures....but once the sun sets around 5:30ish, 60 comes quick and it seems a bit cold to me (crazy I know...and I'm normally hot all the time). But with no radiant heat from the sun, 60 at night does feel cooler.

I'm trying to figure out what's best for park days? Clearly we can pack a jacket, but I'd love to hear some expert opinions. Don't be shy! :groom:

My last spam post for now (lol): For those that are there now (or have a lot of past experience) - we typically go in September or October, never been in November. I read a lot of information, but real life examples are the best. What is the true weather feel? The weather shows basically 80 in the day and 60 at night. Typically for my family 80 would mean shorts/t-shirt. My concern is the 60 at night. Currently, in Oklahoma, we are having very similar temperatures....but once the sun sets around 5:30ish, 60 comes quick and it seems a bit cold to me (crazy I know...and I'm normally hot all the time). But with no radiant heat from the sun, 60 at night does feel cooler.

I'm trying to figure out what's best for park days? Clearly we can pack a jacket, but I'd love to hear some expert opinions. Don't be shy! :groom:
I'm in Northern Virginia, and my sweatshirt stayed in the room the entire trip. We did pack disposable (good for a few uses) ponchos which definitely came in handy one or two days when it steadily rained.

In Virginia 50-60 after the sun goes down feels pretty cold too. DD and I didn't feel like that in FL though. This was 11/5-11/11 so temps may slightly be different down there when you go (we are usually winter or August FL travelers, hadn't been in November since 2011).

Edited to add, we stayed until nighttime or close on all days, except our AK day but that was only because the park closed at 5. I also think the "lows" in the evenings when we were there were mid 60s to low 70s IIRC.

I go a lot in early December and find that it’s warm during the day, but can get pretty cold at night. I like to bring a Uniqlo packable down jacket. It sounds like overkill, but the reason is because it squishes to be very small (you can even fit it in a crossbody bag) so you have it in case you don’t plan to go back to the room in the middle of the day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter