Number of value studio's for DVC owners at AKV

Bobby Pic

Earning My Ears
I am currently in the closing process for a contract at AKV. I am planning a trip for early May of next year and planning to book a value studio as soon as I get my points loaded. I am curious as to how many are available and my chances of getting one at around the 10 month window. Any help would be appreciated.

There are 8 dedicated value studios and 10 lock-off studios, for a maxmium of 18 and a minimum of 8.

So far there is availibility for value studios in early May. I am not sure if they will be around in a month.

I think the values seem like a good deal. Some have decent views and they really aren't much smaller. The standard rooms in Jambo aren't particularly high in points either though. I know on a longer stay, they add up, but don't be too disappointed if all of the values are gone next month. Worst case, you'll be in a standard view, or split your stay between a value and standard room.

:welcome:to AKV!

Yes, the values are great deals. Be aware that some of them have views of the sunset savannah. However, you can't request views in the value studio, so it's just luck. And on my last stay in a standard studio I had a view of the sunset savannah. On a previous stay, I had a savannah view and overlooked the same savannah. I actually preferred the view I had from the standard view, but maybe it was just that I knew it was fewer points. I'm at work now, but maybe when I get home I'll post a few view pictures (indulge me-I like posting pictures).

OK, I'm home! Now you judge whether the savannah view is worth the extra points (although I'm aware that booking savannah view is the only way to guarantee one).

value-

Standard-

Savannah-

Values can go quickly once the 11 month window opens. May is not a high demand season so you have some chance at 10 months out but a risk exists that some days could be gone before you can reserve. You do not say exactly which days in May you want but be aware May 2 through May 5 are already being shown as gone for a value studio

Values can go quickly once the 11 month window opens. May is not a high demand season so you have some chance at 10 months out but a risk exists that some days could be gone before you can reserve. You do not say exactly which days in May you want but be aware May 2 through May 5 are already being shown as gone for a value studio

Thanks to all for your response. This has been very helpful and I continue to be amazed at how everyone is so willing to help the newbies like myself. Unfortunately my wife and I were wanting to come in on May 1st for 8 nights celebrating out 25th wedding anniversary. I will probably take the advice on here and book a regular studio and go on waitlist for a value studio. Thanks again to all you for the information, advice, pictures, etc.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter