NYC Ezpass in Fla.

Only on the Central Florida Expressway. The other toll roads in FL are not compatible with EZPass

while TOTALLY CORRECT ... what does this mean????

here's a map of where it works and where it don't .....

enhance

I'd say BE CAREFUL .... if you look carefully at this map you see that NO toll road in the Orlando area accepts "EZ" end to end ..... where you get on and where you get off MATTERS

If you're driving only between MCO & WDW, it will work if you take SR-417 from the southern exit of the airport, and get off at the International Dr. exit, which leads to Epcot Center Dr. on WDW property. It will not work if you exit north from the airport onto SR-528 Beach Line, nor if you take SR-417 but stay on past I-Drive.

How about the route from WDW resort to the port? looks like part way?

Only on the Central Florida Expressway. The other toll roads in FL are not compatible with EZPass

while TOTALLY CORRECT ... what does this mean????

here's a map of where it works and where it don't .....

enhance

I'd say BE CAREFUL .... if you look carefully at this map you see that NO toll road in the Orlando area accepts "EZ" end to end ..... where you get on and where you get off MATTERS

Fair point! Did they throw a dart at a map when deciding where to make the toll plazas compatible???

How about the route from WDW resort to the port? looks like part way?
If you get on 417 from World Center Drive and take it to 528, then 528 to the port, you will be in the zone where EZ-Pass is accepted for all (four) tolls.

Can I tag on a question? If i'm driving from MCO to Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas, it looks like it changes from purple (EZ pass accepted) to green (EZ pass not accepted). Is it clear on the signage which is which? i.e. If we see a toll, will we see that 'EZ Pass' is accepted so we know our transponder will work at that toll/ramp, and also if it's does NOT say EZ Pass but we have quarters with us and we go to a cash lane or exact change lane...will that be ok along that route?

Trying to avoid paying any tolls through Budget!

Can I tag on a question? If i'm driving from MCO to Sheraton Vistana Resort Villas, it looks like it changes from purple (EZ pass accepted) to green (EZ pass not accepted). Is it clear on the signage which is which? i.e. If we see a toll, will we see that 'EZ Pass' is accepted so we know our transponder will work at that toll/ramp, and also if it's does NOT say EZ Pass but we have quarters with us and we go to a cash lane or exact change lane...will that be ok along that route?

There are signs along the the road that say something like "E-ZPass accepted from this point" or "End of E-Zpass", but they're easy to miss.

When approaching a toll point, what you want to look for is whether it's primarily "E-Pass" or "SunPass". The E-Pass tolls accept E-ZPass, and the SunPass tolls do not. Often the other one will be shown in smaller type, but it's the primary one you need to look at.

Thank you! And if it's NOT an E-Pass/EZ-Pass toll, will there be a cash option at every toll booth?
Depends on which toll road.

Older toll roads in Central FL (SR-408, SR-417 & SR-528) will have the option for cash at mainline toll plazas. Most entrance/exit ramps on those same toll roads will accept exact coin.

SR-429 (Western Beltway) has some older mainline plazas that accept cash, but the new sections on the expansion (Wekiva Parkway) are cashless.

Not sure of the exact date it went into effect, but the state has mandated that all new toll roads in FL be cashless.

The State of FL is slowing converting their toll roads (SunPass) to cashless. So far, it's mostly South FL (Miami area) and Tampa, but there are a couple exit ramps on the FL Turnpike in Central FL that are cashless.

CFX which operates E-Pass has stated they have no current plans to convert any of their existing toll roads to cashless.

Fair point! Did they throw a dart at a map when deciding where to make the toll plazas compatible???

Probably money to crooked politicians from those who would benefit from setting up systems that are completely incompatible with an existing system already adopted in about a dozen states.

Did they throw a dart at a map when deciding where to make the toll plazas compatible???
It comes down to which toll authority operates the toll plaza. CFX (Central FL Expressway Authority) and the FL Turnpike Enterprise (aka State of FL) each operate different portions of several toll roads in the Orlando metro area.

CFX has joined the E-ZPass group, so only CFX operated toll roads accept E-ZPass.

The FL Turnpike Enterprise (SunPass) is currently interoperable with only 2 toll systems outside of FL, those are GA Peach Pass and NC Quick Pass.

Last edited:

You’ll be fine with EZPass. To get from MCO to Sheraton Vistana Resort, you should exit at the International Drive/World Center Drive exit from 417 (exit 6, I believe) and take World Center Drive to 535. Turn right on 535. Vistana will be on the left hand side of 535, not too far away. If you go under I4, you’ve gone too far. The second of two toll plazas between MCO and exit 6 is the final EZPass location. Both toll plazas also take cash, now $1.75 each.

You’ll be fine with EZPass. To get from MCO to Sheraton Vistana Resort, you should exit at the International Drive/World Center Drive exit from 417 (exit 6, I believe) and take World Center Drive to 535. Turn right on 535. Vistana will be on the left hand side of 535, not too far away. If you go under I4, you’ve gone too far. The second of two toll plazas between MCO and exit 6 is the final EZPass location. Both toll plazas also take cash, now $1.75 each.
Yes, as long as the 417 route is the one taken. When I checked, Google recommended the 528 route, which is not E-ZPass compatible. The 2 routes are about the same length, and which one comes out on top depends entirely on traffic conditions.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter