NYC getting looted live on a youtube feed Monday 9 pm sad

charlie.nj

Store after store in midtown NYC

Google: Another Night of Lawlessness in NYC with Black Lives Matter and NYPD youtube

(not live anymore look at the other one at bottom)

Bring in the Guard.

Last edited:
I won't watch any of that. Why give them views? There's a big problem that needs solutions. All of the rioting accomplishes nothing.
We just tuned into the local news last night just before going to bed to catch the weather or what we thought might be some local news unrelated to the unrests.

Instead of normal news it was live coverage down in the most affected area. And it was just in time for another local news station's news vehicle to be set on fire behind a church..turned that off real quick :(

NYC is out of control. Bands of looters took over the streets.

People on the feed are saying Macy's on 34th is getting looted.

Last edited:
here is another live NYC feed groups smashing windows as they walk.

the first one isn't live anymore.

a guy called actual intelligence

Last edited:
If it's any solace to some I just looked out the window and the Empire State Building is still there. Can't see the Brooklyn Bridge though...maybe someone bought it.
Might seem perverse but I'm more interested with the situation in DC than at home. NYC has survived lots of rioting and protests since the European colonists first stepped foot on this continent.

I was thinking today, that I can’t remember a time in recent history when curfews were imposed in the U.K., not even during the Miners’ Strikes, Duggan riots etc. Even the idea is incomprehensible .

You're a few days behind. We know the protesters and rioters are not the same people.
From what I've seen, there are actually three distinct groups:
  • legitimate lawful protesters
  • looters whose main priority is to steal
  • and violent criminals whose main priority is to vandalize or burn cars and property and injure people.
In Miami Sunday evening, the lawful protesters actually stopped a group of looters, and we didn't have any burning or injuries.

And a well-known local activist got a hug:

https://www.local10.com/news/local/...ooper-breaks-the-line-to-hug-miami-protester/

I was thinking today, that I can’t remember a time in recent history when curfews were imposed in the U.K., not even during the Miners’ Strikes, Duggan riots etc. Even the idea is incomprehensible .
Curfews for minors aren't really that uncommon here in the U.S.

Sporadic curfews for all due to unrest does happen from time to time.

Curfews for specific age groups during certain times of the year (usually summer and usually are targeted towards specific areas) is also not unheard of.

Also curfews due to natural disasters occur as well. We had that when we were in WDW during Hurricane Irma.

So the concept of a curfew in the U.S. is fairly common. The implementation of such one and the reason why gives people various experiences. That's interesting about the U.K. though in not really having curfews.

As a life long resident of Brooklyn, NY I have a question for my fellow DISers that are clearly concerned about NYC. Why haven't any of you started threads about all of the peaceful protests that are occurring here and across the country?
peaceful protests = boring thread > fizzes out

rioting and curfews = exciting thread > takes off

nature of discussion board

That said, stay safe.

I live on the upper East Side of Manhattan - not New Jersey. NYC - as a whole - is NOT out of control. Yes, there are looters and they should be dealt with in accordance with the law. There are some really bad cops escalating the situation. They should also be dealt with in accordance with the law. There are many, many more peaceful protesters, but they’re not exciting so they don’t get a YouTube video. My neighborhood and most others in NYC look the same this morning as they did last week. The very LAST thing we need to do is to “bring in the military”.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter