Nyc marathon

I'm not but know a lot of people entering. Good luck to those who get in. I normally go cheer around the 25 mile mark.

I've always wanted to time-qualify for NYC, but it's a tough standard (tougher than Boston, even). I may give in and just try for the lottery instead.

anyone else planning to run or entering the lottery?

You can check out the running thread in the first post for a list of folks running the race. I do not think anyone is on the list yet, but when confirmation e-mails are sent out I am sure the posters who follow the thread will update the list. Just thought I'd share for future reference. If you get in and want to be put on the list, just make a post on that thread and I'll add you to the list. Good luck!

Good luck getting in! Not putting in for the lottery this year, but pretty sure my husband is. I ran it two years ago and it is one of my very favorite race experiences!

I threw my hat in the lottery. If I don't get in I'm seriously considering signing up with a charity. Has anyone else run it with a charity?

I was debating. This is my third year trying for the lottery. My issue is, I have signed up for my first Goofy for 2018. Not sure if the 2 months in-between NYC and WDW Marathon Weekend is enough for me to properly recover. I think I am just going to do the 9+1 with NYRR this year and guarantee my 2018 NYC entry.

Geez....I time-qualified in 2012 (the year of Sandy, although I ended up with a stress fracture). I remember that they tightened them up for subsequent years, but now they seem to be much looser.....or maybe it's just that I'm old! Anyway, I qualify, although not at a NYRR race, so who knows if I would get in. I think I'd rather do a Sept/Oct marathon.

Good luck to everyone in the lottery!

I did NYC in 2015. I think about doing it again, but just didn't love it. When I did Chicago this past fall, it felt right--so much so that I signed up again for 2017.

I will probably do NYC again in the future, but not for a few years. Berlin is on my horizon, but nor sure when (these dang kids make things challenging!).

I was debating. This is my third year trying for the lottery. My issue is, I have signed up for my first Goofy for 2018. Not sure if the 2 months in-between NYC and WDW Marathon Weekend is enough for me to properly recover. I think I am just going to do the 9+1 with NYRR this year and guarantee my 2018 NYC entry.

I have always wanted to run NY. I'm signed up for Dopey 2018 and plan on doing Disneyland Half in 2018 for first C2C.
So, I would live to do NY in 2019. What's the best approach. Wait for 2019 lottery? What is the 9+1?

I have always wanted to run NY. I'm signed up for Dopey 2018 and plan on doing Disneyland Half in 2018 for first C2C.
So, I would live to do NY in 2019. What's the best approach. Wait for 2019 lottery? What is the 9+1?

You can enter the lottery and defer a year if you get in. You do have to pay the entry a 2nd time so that isn't a cheap option but will give you two chances for 2018.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter