NYE Contempo Countdown To Midnight/Ink and Paint--Reviews?

2orangebirbs

Earning My Ears
Hi everyone! My family and I were wondering about going to the contemporary resort for New Year's Eve once COVID blows over. I was wondering, however, if anyone knows what the countdown to midnight and ink and paint vip experience are like? I know both experiences (around 300 pp for the countdown to midnight and 500--650 for the ink and paint vip pp respectively) have been running for a while, and yet I can hardly find a vlog, blog, or even pictures reviewing the events. We were wondering if the dancing and music was any good? Is it live music? Is it more adults only vs. a kid friendly event? How's the food--is it up to snuff w/ the usual Cali Grill fair or different? If anyone has insight on the food, ambiance, and/or just to tell us if they enjoyed it I would really appreciate that as it is something we look forward to doing in the future (if it seems worth the price!)

Thank you!

Last edited:
Hi there!
I wish I could be of some first-hand help, but it sounds like you and I are doing the same kind of research! I'm also considering a future WDW NYE trip, but am more interested in the various resort signature events versus in-park offerings. I'm trying to find info on Countdown to Midnight/Ink and Paint Club vs. Mezzanote at Topolino's vs. California Grill vs Narcoossee's, etc... I too am having difficulty finding reviews, but did find one of each on Countdown to Midnight and Ink and Paint Club, which I thought were helpful. Not sure if you've seen these yet, but I thought I'd post the links for you just in case:

Countdown to Midnight review:
http://mealtrip.com/review/2018/disney-countdown-to-midnight-a-new-years-eve-celebration.aspCorresponding Picture Gallery for Countdown to Midnight:
http://mealtrip.com/photos/countdown-to-midnight-a-new-years-eve-celebration.asp
Ink and Paint Club review:
https://www.mainstreetluxe.com/countdown-to-midnight-ink-paint-club-at-the-contemporary-resort/
I saw that you had also posted a different thread requesting info on Topolino's Terrace Mezzanotte Masquerade, but I haven't found anything at all about that. Considering the lack of reviews/vlogs/blogs/pictures on the others that are more well established, the absence of Topolino's NYE Masquerade isn't too surprising, I suppose. But it does sound intriguing! I can understand pricing for an event considering the fee pays for gourmet food offerings, alcoholic drinks, ambience, entertainment, established fireworks viewing, a place to sit, personal space...but it's kinda nice to know what exactly the funds are going toward (sometimes the official descriptions/summaries are a bit vague) and if other people think the price tag is worth it. I'm really surprised that I can't find much on California Grill's past NYE parties, but it appears the theming changes each year and therefore the name of the event does too. Maybe that makes it more difficult to search?

I just want to say thank you so much for the thoughtful and kind reply! I'm so glad someone is in the same boat as me because I honestly felt like I was going crazy??? I was like "Maybe they make people sign something for no pictures/film of the events?" I'm SUPER excited, reading through what you linked me to (especially from Main St. Luxe--it looks amazing!!! I feel like even w/o seeing pictures of Topolino's now, if it's anything compared to that, but with a masquerade theme, it's probably going to be fab!) and will let you know if I find out anything further!

Also, you're 1000% right! I can't find anything on what the Grand Floridian might be offering or Toledo's at the Gran Destino (except that it takes place on their rooftop garden???) I agree, I think it's understandable newer ones like Topolino's Masquerade having less reviews make sense, but it does seems like the Cali Grill has been doing NYE parties for as long as I can remember. I will let you know if I find out any more info online (or if I call up in the future! I was thinking maybe someone at guest services might have a more detailed answer on some of the more 'mysterious' NYE parties on property.)

(Also a very happy new year to you--and I hope you find a party you like for future NYE's as well!!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter