NYE Fireworks at DTD and viewing from SSR

jaysue

DIS Veteran
We are gong to be staying at SSR for NYE :cool1:

2 Questions:

1) Are the fireworks at DTD going to be the "same" as the other nights of the year or is there going to be a longer or more intense show since it is NYE?

2) If we do not get a DTD view villa (I know there are relatively fewer of those), where is a good spot to see the fireworks from?

Thanks in advance
jaysue

There is a beautiful overlook by the lake facing the Pleasure Island area right in front of the quiet pool in congress park. There are even a few rocking chairs there (I am sure they will be claimed early!) You could always bring a folding chair! :)

and the fireworks are AWESOME!!! We had a first floor studio and sat on our patio to watch them.

PI throws a huge NYE Party and people are paying almost $100 each so they really go all out for the fireworks.

If you do not have a CP Villa, then the CP quiet pool would be a great location, you could relax in a lounge chair around the pool and have an awesome view or the viewing area where the rocking chairs are, or we also saw others (not staying at SSR) sit along the lake next to the Westside overflow parking lot. Anywhere around the lake is a great location.

If you look to the west, you can also see the Epcot fireworks over the trees.

We were there for SSR's first NYE celebration, and there were CM's at the CP quiet pool passing out hats and noise makers. It wasnt crowded at all, (many people in the parks) but it was perfect for us and I was so glad we had such a great display and didnt have the huge crowds.

hey, if we are at OKW is the boat still going to be running to ssr/dtd at midnite?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter