O.K., gang ... we are officially a "Crocs" family!

WEDway2002

Fan of the ride ... but mostly ... fan of Walt!
Well ... it all started on these boards when I read of the wonders of the shoe made by "Crocs". We checked out the other comments, visited the web site and then spotted them in a store near us. They didn't have the right size for my DW and DD ... in fact the lady said she couldn't keep them in stock. Anyway, I found them in a local sporting goods store and the rest is history! My DW and DD took the plunge first and said the water was *more* than fine ... so I dove in (male pride and machismo aside) and loved them! My DS took a little convincing (he's 6) but he got to pick out his color and now all four of us have *very* happy feet! :cool1: :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:
Seriously ... I have some numbing in my feet :sad2: due to type 2 Diabetes and these are really comfy. We plan on these being our primary Disney shoes in 14 days!!!!!! If anyone wants more info. feel free to ask ... I know there was a lengthy thread here just a little while ago.

Dave :earsboy: :earsgirl: :cheer2: pirate:

I love my Crocs too! All the Memphis area stores are having a hard time keeping them in stock. I found one Beach style in navy blue there, and I ordered the Nile sandals off the net. I had not seen the sandals in any stores, and I really love them! I wore them in WDW in early June and then again two weeks ago in Hilton Head. They were great for the beach! So comfortable!

My whole family wears them now, too! I have them in navy and lime (can you guess why I picked these?). Haven't been able to wear them at WDW yet...but I've covered lots of other territory in them!!!

Because of the Disboards, I've ordered my first pair online, I'm looking forward to getting mine and seeing firsthand what all of the fuss is about. My feet are special, and I hope these help!

Bobbi :flower:

I have very sensitive feet and would love to try these. My biggest problem is all the different styles look pretty much the same to me. Does anyone have a suggestion of what product to try? I am a male and want to give these a shot. They look like they would also be great around my boat. Are they waterproof?

My 9 year old daughter has been begging for a pair for months. She finally got a pair yesterday afternoon and hasn't taken them off since. Now, maybe she will stop wearing mine around the house. I have 2 pair of the sandal style but I think I need to get a pair of the clog type.

we saw these one day at a local show store and I could NOT believe how nice they are! The have NO weight to them at all! Only downside...I have a AA width foot. The small Crocs swallowed my feet. They are far too wide for my feet I was SO bummed!! I could really use them this week to since we will catch th remains of "Dennis the Menace!"

My boys will only wear their Crocs. I wear mine unless I am dressed up. My DH refuses to even put them on. My dad and his sisters were making fun of my ugly shoes, until they tried them on. Now my dad wants a pair and I had to chase my aunt down to get my shoes back before I left her house.

mom2rb said:
My DH refuses to even put them on.

I can totally relate!!! I had my first experience in a sporting goods store, no less!!! I had to resist the urge to spit or curse to counteract the look of the shoe! BUT ... I have to say they are amazingingly comfortable and, as I said before, will be our shoe of choice for our upcoming trip.
To answer an earlier question ... yep, they're water proof and we wore them out in the rain and there was NO slipping ... very good traction.

Dave :earsboy: :earsgirl: pirate: :cheer2:

stingmom said:
we saw these one day at a local show store and I could NOT believe how nice they are! The have NO weight to them at all! Only downside...I have a AA width foot. The small Crocs swallowed my feet. They are far too wide for my feet I was SO bummed!! I could really use them this week to since we will catch th remains of "Dennis the Menace!"

Stingmom - FYI - I don't know if you tried the "Cayman" model, but on their website, it says that the Cayman is the narrower version of the Beach model. I bought a pair of the Beach style because I wear a "B" width, but they are kinda wide. Did you try the Cayman?

aengus said:
I have very sensitive feet and would love to try these. My biggest problem is all the different styles look pretty much the same to me. Does anyone have a suggestion of what product to try? I am a male and want to give these a shot. They look like they would also be great around my boat. Are they waterproof?

Hi Aengus ...

I'm in the same "boat" so to speak ... I am a size 12 (sometimes 13) wide and found the XXL 12-13 Beach model fit with room to spare. It is fairly wide and definitely waterproof.
Hope this helps.

Dave
:earsboy: :earsgirl: pirate: :cheer2:

Candace said:
Stingmom - FYI - I don't know if you tried the "Cayman" model, but on their website, it says that the Cayman is the narrower version of the Beach model. I bought a pair of the Beach style because I wear a "B" width, but they are kinda wide. Did you try the Cayman?

Thanks Candace! :flower: I was not aware they came in different widths! The store we saw them at had all one style and no kids sizes. I was wondering if the kids sizes might be narrower also?

Another website for crocs is

nofeargear.com

They are based in our home town and my DD16 works there. If anyone uses them I'd be interested in feedback.

Personally, I can't stand plastic on my feet, so I wouldn't wear em, but the rest of my family does.

OneMoreTry said:
Personally, I can't stand plastic on my feet, so I wouldn't wear em, but the rest of my family does.

I thought I would feel this way too...but I just have to wear socks with them and it's okay (and yes, I am a certified geek!). :teeth:

If any of you live in the Pacific Northwest, Crocs are available at G.I.Joe's and Wild Oats Markets. I buy mine when G.I. Joe's has their 20% off coupons. You can also buy them from their website but they don't have a very wide selection.

I refuse to wear anything BUT crocs... unless I really really have to.

They are sooo comfy. I love them.

Thanks Dave. I think I will give them a try!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter