Oasis and Beverages

likesdisney

Mouseketeer
Sorry if this has been posted a thousand times. Looking Oasis of the Seas for next year and curious about beverages and beverage packages. What is the cost if I just bought a beer or two compared with taking one of the packages?

As of a few days ago, they are no longer offering the beer-and-wine only package. So you would need to buy the new Deluxe Package, which is currently on sale for $44/day plus 20% gratuity. Beers are in the $6-8 range (I believe), so you would need to drink at least 9 every day, including shore days, for it to be worth it. The package also comes with soda/cocktails/coffee drinks/bottled water, so if you drink those as well the math may change. But with the new package, I would definitely say for a beer or 2 you should go with cash!

Sorry if this has been posted a thousand times. Looking Oasis of the Seas for next year and curious about beverages and beverage packages. What is the cost if I just bought a beer or two compared with taking one of the packages?

Beers should be about $7 each. If you only get a few a day than the package would not be worth it for you.

As of a few days ago, they are no longer offering the beer-and-wine only package. So you would need to buy the new Deluxe Package, which is currently on sale for $44/day plus 20% gratuity.

RCL's gratuity is 18%

Since the new package is all alcohol (under $12, and not a bottle of Chimay etc), espresso and tazo tea drinks, spring water, sparkling water, soda, and fresh squeezed OJ, you don't have to think about it only compared to a couple beers, IF you'll want any of those things.

I'm still trying to make this new package work for me. (someday a package will work for me, I know it!) I think the most booze I've had on a cruise is 3 drinks, but the days I had that I was working on a "buy one get one" beer/wine that was on my Crown and Anchor account as a previous Royal user (and then on DH's account since he doesn't drink). I have one latte a day and am happy with that. I don't really drink juice, I don't drink soda. I rarely drink sparkling water but I do drink a ton of spring water.

For me it works out to buy the *water* package (12 one-liter bottles of Evian delivered to your room to do with as you please) at $39 plus gratuity (for delivery, I suppose), then buy my latte and any booze I want "out of pocket".

I read about being able to take a bottle of wine onboard with you when you board ship. Is it 2 bottles your allowed? And is it per person or per room?

It is 2 bottles of wine per stateroom. It must be carried on when you board

Weirdly, according to the experts on cruisecritic and in direct opposite to Disney, Royal does NOT actually require you to carry it on.

IMO of course you should, but it's actually not one of their requirements, apparently.

I do agree that it's 2 bottles per stateroom. Works well for us, since only one of us drinks, but it's a paltry amount with more drinking adults in a room!

Not big drinkers here. Normally no soda and my coffee is just a normal plain old coffee no latte or anything like that. A nice glass of wine with dinner and every once in a while if we're by the pool or something maybe a drink of some kind.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter