Oct 1, 2021! Booking very limited

What type of deposit do you have to put down for a room only booking. Thanks for the info about the date you booked and 499 days. I am working on when my 499 days would be for a trip I want to book in November. You made my calculations easier. Thank you
It was one night plus tax. Because the rates for 2021 have not been established, the rate you are charged is the highest holiday rate for the resort you book. When the 2021 rates are established, then your reservation is modified to reflect the correct rate.

It was one night plus tax. Because the rates for 2021 have not been established, the rate you are charged is the highest holiday rate for the resort you book. When the 2021 rates are established, then your reservation is modified to reflect the correct rate.

Unless this has changed recently -

If you book room only, you are guaranteed the rate you get on the phone - which is the current year rate for dates, not the highest holiday rack rate of current year. I booked our room for April/May 2021 and got it for the same rate as the same dates for 2020.

Same thing happened last year - booked room only, got locked in at current years rates which were not the highest rack rates of year.
The only way your rate will change is if you change to a package, change dates or change hotels - updated that now you can book a "basic package" for 2021 and pay $200 deposit.

I know people get conflicting answers on this, so I always try to give our experience when I see these kinds of questions!
:)

They don’t change it unless you make changes or apply a discount.

Unless this has changed recently

If you book room only, you are guaranteed the rate you get on the phone - which is the current year rate for dates, not the highest holiday rack rate of current year. I booked our room for April/May 2021 and got it for the same rate as the same dates for 2020.

Same thing happened last year - booked room only, got locked in at current years rates which were not the highest rack rates of year.
The only way your rate will change is if you change to a package, change dates or change hotels - updated that now you can book a "basic package" for 2021 and pay $200 deposit.

I know people get conflicting answers on this, so I always try to give our experience when I see these kinds of questions!
:)
They don’t change it unless you make changes or apply a discount.

Thanks for the info. This was my first time making a resort reservation so far in advance

Fun! I love the idea of being there for the 50th, but I know how I feel about really huge crowds, so I will live out the fun through all of your reports! :) I'm glad you're still all finding rooms!

Thanks for the info. This was my first time making a resort reservation so far in advance

I thought the same thing you did when I first made a room only so far out. Believe me, I was very pleasantly surprised to find out differently! :rotfl:

Thank you so much for the quick response and the information. I really appreciate it

Usually it's one night with tax. With the modified package they are offering (basically room only 'package') you can put down $200, with package cancellation rules applying. You can convert it at any time to a regular room only booking, with the later cancellation policy.
Thank you so much for the info. I am concerned about getting a reservation so I want to book as soon as possible

Thanks everyone for the replies!

I ended up having my TA handle it (and probably should have just gone that route to begin with, I generally just use him for cruises but he is truly awesome with everything). I'm booked at the Contemporary from Sept 29th - October 6th 2021. We are in a lake view because TPV was already all gone. I'm super excited!

I paid a $200 deposit.
That’s awesome. I actually like the lake view better because I like watching the boats and the electric water pageant. Enjoy

It looks like they opened the rest of 2021 as well. Not sure what this means for actual 50th celebration, but we can boom through new years now.

I booked the resort yesterday and completely didn't even think to go ahead and make park reservations, thanks for the reminder. We will be in Magic Kingdom on October 1st also :cheer2:
Hopefully the 50th celebration will move forward, park hopping will return and mask's are a thing of the past.

I was told they are only booking resorts that are currently opened right now, or have an opening date scheduled (such as Art of Animation). Once they open up the other resorts, you would need to switch your reservation to the resort you truly wanted.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter