October 2011 Car Rental Rates

Yeah I am using the same codes and my dates are Oct 29-Nov 8 (11 days) and I get the same price as you for a standard. My pick up time is 4:30 pm and drop off is 10:30 am. I wonder if that makes a difference?

Just checked my dates again (10/25 - 11/1) and Dollar is still the clear winner. I have a full size for $92 plus taxes & fees ($144.90). Alamo is currently about $120 more for the same period.

It is so strange how these rental companies work. Our dates are basically the same (we leave the day after you)...and I have a standard through Alamo (however my understanding is Alamo at MCO doesn't have standards so we will be getting a full size??) for $120/total using the AA coupon and the Insiders code.

Yeah I am using the same codes and my dates are Oct 29-Nov 8 (11 days) and I get the same price as you for a standard. My pick up time is 4:30 pm and drop off is 10:30 am. I wonder if that makes a difference?

Yeah, it's kind of crazy. I tried your dates using the full hour and it's still the same. You're getting a rate of $127ish a week and mine is $92ish per week. There seems to be no rhyme nor reason in how it works.

Sorry, I tried to go back and look for this info. first but couldn't find. I have the same dates and can't find anything close to that. Do you mind me asking what codes you used?
Just checked my dates again (10/25 - 11/1) and Dollar is still the clear winner. I have a full size for $92 plus taxes & fees ($144.90). Alamo is currently about $120 more for the same period.

Sorry, I tried to go back and look for this info. first but couldn't find. I have the same dates and can't find anything close to that. Do you mind me asking what codes you used?

When you enter your information on the Dollar website, don't enter a promo code - just click through to the cars. There will be a yellow banner in the list of cars that says "City Specials." Click on that link and it will take you the lower prices. I got a compact for seven days for about $139, but the rates have been going up a little. Good luck!

Finally! I was able to get both Alamo and National down to more reasonable rates for my trip, Oct. 22-27. Until today, the best I could find was $197 for a weekly rental with Alamo and $203 with National. I'm very happy to get both down by around $50.

Using the Alamo Insiders code 7014667 and $35 off coupon, I have a fullsize for $151. My National reservation for the EA is $150 using the Car & Driver contract ID 3715444 and a one-day free coupon.

The funny thing is, the inventory must be really tight with these codes. After I made both ressies, I kept playing around with different codes to try to find lower rates--you know, the "I can do better, I just know I can" syndrome--but only found one other comparable rate*. A couple hours later, I plugged in the same codes for the same dates and the rates were back over $220+! I'm glad I saved my reservations when I did.

I'll still check tomorrow for any Last-Minute Specials that might come up, but I'm pretty happy with both of these. I'll probably go with the National reservation since my last two MCO trips were with Alamo and I'm hoping for a good variety of vehicles on the EA. Good luck to any remaining late-October renters! :goodvibes

*I did get a rate of $141 all-in with National for the EA, but it was with a University-affiliated code. I'm not comfortable using those codes and a difference of $10 is not something I'm going to lose sleep over.

Yeah, waiting to see what pops up for the last minute deals since my dates of 22-30 are still showing a standard as $364 pre-discounts with the 7014467 / AD2724FZA codes.

Still my current rate I got a couple weeks ago is still better. Like Armadillo said I hope there are some good Last Minute Deals or they drop the rates for the coming up week. Seems like people w/ late Oct. / Early Nov. are getting great rates.

Does anyone know what time they usually update the last minute deals?

I used the insider code and the $35 off coupon. Just checked again this morning and a full size through Alamo is now $326 for a week. :scared1: Guess I'll be keeping my Dollar reservation.

EDIT: Just checked my Dollar reservation and it's down $8.00 (now at $136/total for 10/25 - 11/1). Maybe Alamo doesn't like my times. We're picking up at 9:00pm on 10/25 and dropping off at 6:00am on 11/1.

Thanks guys! :goodvibes
When you enter your information on the Dollar website, don't enter a promo code - just click through to the cars. There will be a yellow banner in the list of cars that says "City Specials." Click on that link and it will take you the lower prices. I got a compact for seven days for about $139, but the rates have been going up a little. Good luck!

Finally went with Priceline. Got Alamo 10/25- 11/1 Full size for a total of $183. Not the greatest but I was shooting for under $200 so I'm happy :goodvibes

This is so exciting, haha! My ressie was down again this morning so we are at $113/total for a standard through Alamo. Since we are going with 2 cars this trip to hold our family of 6, it is $226/total -- far better than any minivan I've found. I hope everyone else can get some great deals once the Hot Deals opens up their newest dates!!

This is so exciting, haha! My ressie was down again this morning so we are at $113/total for a standard through Alamo. Since we are going with 2 cars this trip to hold our family of 6, it is $226/total -- far better than any minivan I've found. I hope everyone else can get some great deals once the Hot Deals opens up their newest dates!!

I wish our rates would drop for our date. Ours are holding steady at $365 base right now when I checked.

They did post some last minute deals but currently all they have is Tallahassee as far as Florida.

Well, Alamo and National officially suck for last minute deals. Nothing in Orlando for Alamo and nothing for Florida even listed for National.

Oh, well, at least I know I got a pretty decent rate on the minivan through Budget.

Well, Alamo and National officially suck for last minute deals. Nothing in Orlando for Alamo and nothing for Florida even listed for National.

Oh, well, at least I know I got a pretty decent rate on the minivan through Budget.

I agree.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter