**October 2016 Check-in!**

All of the WDW vets have learned to be patient and wait for the 60 day mark at DLR and "don't worry things never fill up that early, you don't need to plan that obsessively anyway..." until the 60 day window is open and your dates aren't available yet and your OCD kicks in and you flash back to waking up at 3am to book Be Our Guest and 7DMT FP+ and ahhhhh...

@MikeRx I was seriously cracking up. THIS. So much this. :lmao: I also realize I shouldn't be laughing because it kind of stinks. Just, it's super true. Have a great day thanks for the laugh

Parade details on the official blog is a good sign that the October hours freeze is about to end...I"ll try my daily check in, but make an extra effort at 9pm AZ time Wednesday night to be safe too.

Purchased our AP October 12th party tickets as the 14th sold out today. The same Wednesday sold out about 10 days after the Friday last year, so I didn't want to take a chance. It also gave me "purpose" while I wait for Disney to allow me to spend more money on meals and events.

Mike

Last edited:
Just tried my daily check in...Nothing. Even though hours are not showing on the app, it shows Splash Mountain and It's tough to be a bug will be down starting October 3rd....

On the daily events page it's showing Splash Mountain down for refurb beginning October 3 and it's sounding like it might last until early November :( Our first night in the park is October 2nd so we're going to be sure to get as many rides in as we can!!

I'm surprised it's going down in October since it's a popular time of year and often still hot!

On the daily events page it's showing Splash Mountain down for refurb beginning October 3 and it's sounding like it might last until early November :( Our first night in the park is October 2nd so we're going to be sure to get as many rides in as we can!!

I'm surprised it's going down in October since it's a popular time of year and often still hot!

What a bummer. We'll be there from Oct 2nd - 8th. We have a 5 day park hopper and tickets to the Halloween party that Friday night the 7th. We fly in on the 2nd, arriving at GCH around 12:30p. We're debating on whether we should go to the park that Sunday after we arrive and use our park hoppers Sun-Thurs then go to the Halloween Party on Friday around 4p.

Our plan was to treat Sunday as our travel day and wait to hit the parks Mon-Fri, but now that Splash Mountain will be down Mon-Fri I'm starting to think we should go that Sunday the 2nd.

Any help here?

Had a happy surprise this morning. Had the Hilton Anaheim booked at $179 through Hilton Friends & Family discount (my mom is a Hilton GM). I was on CheapTickets and saw that it was down to $132 a night! I decided to see what the Hilton Hhonors website was offering and book direct if the price was the same or slightly higher (so I don't have to pay anything until we check out). HHonors was offering $118 a night!!!! I am sooooo thrilled by this and it gives me hope that that weekend will be slightly less than insanely crowded (Oct 28-29).

Bummed to hear about Splash, though! I've heard the WDW version is better anyway but I was hoping to compare!

It just depends on how important splash mountain is to you. Your going to end up with a short day on Sunday if you decide to go then. Its going to make it 4-1/2 days in Disneyland rather then 5. Kind of depends on whether you think Splash is worth a 1/2 day at disney.

FYI ALERT!!! I just booked BLUE BAYOU dinner special for party night on 10-12 for 5:10pm, special package. I'm not even sure what it entails, but I assume it's like the PTN package and not the Mystic event they had last year so I jumped on it.

WOC and Plaza inn not available yet, but the Blue Bayou was open!
Mike

I looked at hours for last year before ours came out for the first week of October and they are pretty similar. I did anticipate them opening at 10 but will definitely take 8am. Although I have a weird two year old that likes to sleep till 9:30A so should make for an interesting visit. :yay:

FYI ALERT!!! I just booked BLUE BAYOU dinner special for party night on 10-12 for 5:10pm, special package. I'm not even sure what it entails, but I assume it's like the PTN package and not the Mystic event they had last year so I jumped on it.

WOC and Plaza inn not available yet, but the Blue Bayou was open!
Mike

i got the same reservation on the same night wed oct 12 -- hope its good!!!!

Here's the description from Disneyland.com:
Blue Bayou Restaurant – Halloween Dinner Reservations Coming Soon
Take a break during Mickey’s Halloween Party and feast on a bewitching 3-course dinner. Enjoy your spook-tacular meal at this popular New Orleans-themed restaurant which includes preferred viewing at the Frightfully Fun Parade. A Mickey’s Halloween Party ticket is required to dine at this event.

So excited to see those 8am-11pm park hours for the first week of October!!! Was thinking I'd be doing EMH at 8 or even 9, but instead we get 7am!

Thanks dark54555 for posting!

I assumed it was a repackaged PTN deal and we do that every time so it was a no brainer for us!
Mike

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter