October 2020 Car Rental Thread

Wow, looked at Alamo and the prices just keep going up.

I'm thinking that a lot of families have rebooked their spring vacations to fall. Our flights that we booked for around $525 pp return with Delta are now over $2200 each. That's not a typo, flights for our dates have quadrupled! I suspect that rental car demand for that period will keep driving prices up.

Wow, that seems high.
I just checked and tickets for our trip in October haven't changed from when we purchased them several months ago.

Ugh. I just booked a mid size suv thru Costco for around $350 for a week. And that is with Budget. That is much higher than I have ever paid, so I'm really hoping prices drop.

Ugh. I just booked a mid size suv thru Costco for around $350 for a week. And that is with Budget. That is much higher than I have ever paid, so I'm really hoping prices drop.
Same here...hoping it's just because we are still pretty far out from October. I had such a sweet deal booked on a premium car for May before we all got canceled 😕

AAA Member Codes: Contract ID 7015360 (allows additional 9 drivers!) and Coupon Code AU5059ODT

Prices are high!

I rented from ace rent a car, we opted for the larger suv for 22 a day... no money or credit card due now.
MCO has more rental car places i have not heard of but i figured why not its so cheap.
Today i was looking for july deals and there is cars avab for 9 a day from economy car rental but nothing in October as of yet.

I booked Oct. 14th-19th a midsize SUV from Hertz for $312 out the door. I'm expecting that to go down, although I'm also interested in Routes Car Rental that is showing the same SUV for $150.

I booked Oct. 14th-19th a midsize SUV from Hertz for $312 out the door. I'm expecting that to go down, although I'm also interested in Routes Car Rental that is showing the same SUV for $150.
I am on watch as well (15-19th) I have two reservations one with alamo and one with fox
So ace,routes and fox plus more are off site so they are cheaper because you have to take a airport shuttle to them.. I am considering fox just cause of the major price difference..
We had a standard suv but saw they had a 4door jeep for 24 a day.. seems kinda fun.

When it's a not shocking difference I'd rather stay on airport, but with it being $165, unless I hear how bad they are I'm liable to give Routes a shot. I've been burned by Thrifty and Dollar in the past so I won't use them, Hertz, Alamo and National have always been good to me.

When it's a not shocking difference I'd rather stay on airport, but with it being $165, unless I hear how bad they are I'm liable to give Routes a shot. I've been burned by Thrifty and Dollar in the past so I won't use them, Hertz, Alamo and National have always been good to me.
I'm going to keep watching..I'm looking at August rates and they are lower than ours.. let me know if you find anything :)

So I have been watching Alamo last minute desls..
In two weeks from now ( returning before holliday weekend) 1 week $135 compact $150 mid size
So I'm going to stay hopeful that I can cancel my $275 week rental.

We're arriving 10/16. I'm looking at mid September prices right now for comparison and they are pretty good so I'm optimistic that within a few weeks we should see some good deals for October.

We're arriving 10/16. I'm looking at mid September prices right now for comparison and they are pretty good so I'm optimistic that within a few weeks we should see some good deals for October.
I'm was shocked to see $3 rentals yesterday.. I'm really hoping a month later I will see that. Hotwire.com- near the airport locations

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200816-213733_Samsung Internet.jpg
    Screenshot_20200816-213733_Samsung Internet.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 19
I'm was shocked to see $3 rentals yesterday.. I'm really hoping a month later I will see that. Hotwire.com- near the airport locations

They are definitely dumping inventory lol

You gotta have a strong stomach to both shuttle off airport & try one of those ‘off-brand’ vendors. Make sure to google current reviews to see if the price difference is worth it to you.

Got down some. 10 days 20 September to 2 October,

Alamo with free upgrade code and Costco, booked the other day.

$316 for standard, $325 for premium. For the difference, may keep the premium.

Couple dollars higher when I checked today.

But will keep checking and canceling. Almost 100 dollars higher than my first 2 weeks of October last year, for a midsize. I hated the midsize lane last year, as all minivans, pick up trucks, and a few, Corolla type cars. None of which I would have called a midsize car.

Got about $50 drop on rates this morning on Alamo. I was looking for a full size and actually ran into a decent price on a premium, $450 for 12 days. I used Contract 860292 Disney Passholder & Coupon AU5592DJK 1 car upgrade. I think now is the time to start being really watchful. Prices are starting to move; we'll see our sweet spot in the next 3-4 weeks.

Got about $50 drop on rates this morning on Alamo. I was looking for a full size and actually ran into a decent price on a premium, $450 for 12 days. I used Contract 860292 Disney Passholder & Coupon AU5592DJK 1 car upgrade. I think now is the time to start being really watchful. Prices are starting to move; we'll see our sweet spot in the next 3-4 weeks.
Being a planner all this waiting is killing me.
I'm also waiting on hotwire hotel rates. I know we are just a few weeks from being 30 days that's when I expect to see the deals...
Till then thank you so much.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter