October 27, 2017... Wonder EBPC!

Hello! My family (myself, my husband, son, who will be 6, and my daughter, who will be 3) just booked this as our first cruise ever! I am so excited I am not sure if I am going to be able to handle waiting the 465 days until we leave.
I am probably going to have at least a million questions before it is all said and done so I am going to ask for your patience when it comes to my cluelessness. I am already half way through my Disney cruise travel guide and I have been reading the boards even before I joined, I am trying to be as prepared as possible!
We would like to do the FE and treat exchanges.
Thanks!

:welcome:

Candy Exchange interest..Bobbiwoz organize...I will keep the number of cabins in each group between 6-11

Bobbiwoz
scrappy cruiser
Amie 416
sunshine 1259
belac
christined186
caspers5
ksinglet
katiejune

If you are thinking of joining the Local Candy/Snack Exchange please post here!

I was reading on the DCL website and saw that no over the door hanging items are aloud. But it is in the section talking about magnets on doors. Do you think this is also regarding the shoe organizers because I would be bummed if i can't use these for organizing

Also it stated no coolers or ice chests. We have brought a rolling cooler on before to use in our room or on a beach. Are these not aloud now?

Candy Exchange interest..Bobbiwoz organize...I will keep the number of cabins in each group between 6-11

Bobbiwoz
scrappy cruiser
Amie 416
sunshine 1259
belac
christined186
caspers5
ksinglet
katiejune

Yes we would like to join this.
How will this work?

dizzi
Bobbiwoz
scrappy cruiser
Amie 416
sunshine 1259
belac
christined186
caspers5
ksinglet
katiejune

We use Fish extenders to pass out local or regional treats, candies. Usually there's a print out from the Internet telling something about the food. It's a one time gift. You will know how many are in each cabin and if there are any allergies.

The amount given has varied. We have received 2 Rocket Pops, and a whole bag of Hershey snack candies that were given by a family that lives near Hershey PA and had access to different candies that are not available nationally!

One year I did research and learned that Life Savers were invented in Cleveland OH, since I live in Ohio, that's what I gave out. One year there were two of us from southwest Ohio, and we both gave Doscher's French Chews, a Cincinnati brand that's been around since 1871!

I would keep the number in each group between 6 & 11!

I can't answer your questions about what's allowed. If no one answers here, try the general cruise forum.

Bobbi

Helloooooo!!! I am beyond excited! My name is Icela, my husband 's name is Joel and we have 3 boys ages (16) (10) and (8) at the time of the cruise. We are also a homeschool family!

Hubby JUST booked our cruise! This is our first cruise like ever and so glad we chose Disney! I am kinda nervous on how long we are gone but crossing the Panama Canal is on my life bucket list. :-)

We are stationed in AZ but hubby & I are both from San Antonio TX. Excited to visit family after the cruise!

We are interested in the FE and trick or treating.

I too will be looking for any advice from you pros! I have been up late reading & reading on rooms, decks, categories, my mind is spinning, LOL!

Can't wait to meet ya'll!

Icela :earsgirl:

Helloooooo!!! I am beyond excited! My name is Icela, my husband 's name is Joel and we have 3 boys ages (16) (10) and (8) at the time of the cruise. We are also a homeschool family!

Hubby JUST booked our cruise! This is our first cruise like ever and so glad we chose Disney! I am kinda nervous on how long we are gone but crossing the Panama Canal is on my life bucket list. :-)

We are stationed in AZ but hubby & I are both from San Antonio TX. Excited to visit family after the cruise!

I too will be looking for any advice from you pros! I have been up late reading & reading on rooms, decks, categories, my mind is spinning, LOL!

Hi and Welcome. For the Trick or Treat I need the Stateroom number(s) if you have it, and how many in SR. The list is on Page 2, post No. 32. I will try to do by deck and if it gets too big we will make groups.
You picked a great first cruise, but you may never go back to a shot cruise. There is so much to do sometimes on short ones you never have a chance. I hope to get to relax on this one.

Hello! My husband and I just finished our Honeymoon on the Wonder last week and rebooked this EB PC onboard! We're super excited to spend two weeks on the Wonder but I'm glad I got to experience her before she went through her makeover this fall.

Right now, this sailing will be our 4th Disney cruise, but being we live in Orlando we're going to try and get on the Dream few times before next October.

I'm still making my way through all the posts, but I look forward to getting to know everyone before we set sail :).

Hey everyone.

Just stopping by to say HI. I imagine the closer we get the more talkative everyone will be. I'm super excited today as my husband got a new job in Orlando. And he starts in Sept. So I'm thinking season passes are a must.

Have a great day.

Hey everyone.

Just stopping by to say HI. I imagine the closer we get the more talkative everyone will be. I'm super excited today as my husband got a new job in Orlando. And he starts in Sept. So I'm thinking season passes are a must.

Have a great day.
Congratulations to your husband! Do you already live in FL?

Hello!

My husband and I are joining this cruise to celebrate our "golden" anniversary...28 years on October 28th! We are prepping for a family 3-night Jan. '17 but our cruise in Jan.-Feb. of this year was a B2B...twelve nights was just absolutely fabulous on the Wonder! We are so excited to have such a long cruise on the Wonder again!

Hi All just checking in to see if anyone wants to be added to Trick or Treat, Kids Reading friendship lists? Also want to say hello to those that joined up since my last visit. Hi everyone :)
dizzi
Bobbiwoz
scrappy cruiser
Amie 416
sunshine 1259
belac
christined186
caspers5
ksinglet
katiejune

We use Fish extenders to pass out local or regional treats, candies. Usually there's a print out from the Internet telling something about the food. It's a one time gift. You will know how many are in each cabin and if there are any allergies.

The amount given has varied. We have received 2 Rocket Pops, and a whole bag of Hershey snack candies that were given by a family that lives near Hershey PA and had access to different candies that are not available nationally!

One year I did research and learned that Life Savers were invented in Cleveland OH, since I live in Ohio, that's what I gave out. One year there were two of us from southwest Ohio, and we both gave Doscher's French Chews, a Cincinnati brand that's been around since 1871!

I can't answer your questions about what's allowed. If no one answers here, try the general cruise forum.

Bobbi

My husband Brad and I, Becky, are in cabin 6514 and would like to do the local candy exchange. We have some yummy candies made locally :)

Hello! My husband and I just finished our Honeymoon on the Wonder last week and rebooked this EB PC onboard! We're super excited to spend two weeks on the Wonder but I'm glad I got to experience her before she went through her makeover this fall.

Right now, this sailing will be our 4th Disney cruise, but being we live in Orlando we're going to try and get on the Dream few times before next October.

I'm still making my way through all the posts, but I look forward to getting to know everyone before we set sail :).

My husband Brad and I, Becky, are in cabin 6514 and would like to do the local candy exchange. We have some yummy candies made locally :)

dizzi
Bobbiwoz
scrappy cruiser
Amie 416
sunshine 1259
belac
christined186
caspers5
ksinglet
katiejune
bbkeough

Bobbi

Well I have been reluctant to post on this thread. My wife Fran and I booked this cruise on opening day. It was our first opportunity to book a PC cruise since we became Gold last Fall. We need a handicapped accessible room and they all sell out for the PC cruises on the Gold/Platinum booking day.

I've booked this cruise as somewhat of an enticement for us to finish up a rather unpleasant task. We moved out of our 17 year home (the owner's unit of a four unit apartment building we own) over two years ago, but we have been dragging our feet to get the last of our stuff out of there. We bought mostly all new furniture and Disney collectibles for our new house, but the old one still has furniture and Disney Collectibles which we can't seem to find the time to sell on eBay/Craigslist. So the apartment remains unrented and every month that is money out of our pockets.

We made a deal that if the place is not cleaned out by the PiF date, we will cancel so I'm really hoping we get our act together and can take this cruise! This will be our 10th Disney Cruise, and I really want to go on it! From reading this thread it sounds like we have a great bunch of folks! @bobbiwoz and I go way back! :rotfl: Maybe not WAY back, but we did meet up for a trip a few years back and it was great fun!

So here I am hoping we get to keep this cruise!

So quick question for you seasoned west coast cruisers. Do Disney do transfers from LA to San Diego? And if not, how are people planning on getting from LA to San Diego? Coming from the UK it seems the most logical option to fly into LA, and obviously spend a few days at Disneyland.

There is Amtrak as someone else pointed out, but if you're planning on spending time at DL, there isn't a really convenient way to get from DL to the train station. Also there isn't great transportation from LAX to DL hotels. It can be done, but often times it's just as affordable to rent a car than it is to take a shuttle. California is not known for it's mass transit systems, most people drive everywhere, you may just want to look into renting a car and dropping it off at the San Diego airport.

The candy exchange sounds like a great idea! I'm doing my first cruise without participating in the FE this February and I'm not sure how I'm going to feel about it. This sounds perfect as I won't be taking home a whole bunch of items, since we can eat the candy/treats throughout the cruise. We normally carry individually packaged Ghiradelli chocolates that we hand out to the CMs on our cruises. However, I have ideas for even more local (since we live in So Cal and not San Francisco). Sign me up and hopefully we will be on this cruise!

Hi Allison!! It's a great idea, you booked this cruise and now get going to make your life simpler by doing what you need to do to GO ON THE CRUISE!! I truly hope it works out, I'll look forward to your local treats!

Our cook out, meet and Fireworks cruise had raised the bar on what to expect at a Disboard meet! Then we crossed paths again at SSR.

Bobbi:welcome:

Local Candy Exchange interest

franandaj
dizzi
Bobbiwoz
scrappy cruiser
Amie 416
sunshine 1259
belac
christined186
caspers5
ksinglet
katiejune
bbkeough

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter