October 31st 2022 - 7-Night Disney Magic HotHigh Seas from New York (via Bermuda, Antigua & St Maarten) to SanJuan, PR

DisneyConvert

Terrific Tourer
Starting this thread because, after being bucked-off thrice (cancellations) and balking at a long-reserved Vcvr<=>Hawii b2b, we are excited to get back on-the-ship and leave from the super-convenient (for us) Manhattan Cruise Terminal for another visit to Bermuda . . . eventually disembarking in the United States (commonwealth) of Puerto Rico.
  • I have been to Bermuda a dozen times and it can be tricky to access, but it is a jewel.
  • I have been to Puerto Rico many times and have mostly enjoyed every visit.
  • Went to St. Maarten once and it is a dual-national wonder with quite a bit to see & do.
  • Never been to Antigua which looks interesting as well.
DW and I did NYC to/from Bermuda in 2019 and we had a great time (note that October-November can be hurricane season in the Caribbean).
We don't usually do Disney excursions as we see more, $pend less, and can tailor our port visits to our particular choices with a bit of pre-planning.

Also, I used to commute to/from NYC for almost 8 years and I am quite familiar with navigating this energizing, expensive, crowded, not-always-comforting, dynamic city, so let me know if you have questions.

Last edited:
Hey there! My family and I are booked on this cruise as well. We are a total of 5 adults and 1 6 year old in 2 rooms, our first time on the Magic and first time to any of the ports being visited.

this will be the 5th Disney Cruise for my wife, son and I, we have done 3 on the Fantasy and 1 on the wonder. Also going will be my in laws and my MIL sister. Still looking to see what hotel would work best, we are planning on flying in from California a couple days prior, so my in laws and son can see the city.
I am usually in NYC 2-3 times a year for work and we tend to stay at the Hilton Midtown, which is only about a mile walk away from the pier it seems

. . . we tend to stay at the Hilton Midtown, which is only about a mile walk away from the pier it seems

One way to get between Midtown to/from the Hudson port terminals is the NY Waterway bus system . . .
http://www.nywaterway.com/Busstopsschedules.aspx
They begin/end at NY Waterway terminal which is at 39th St but one may be able to get them to stop around 48th St as well. Routing goes right along 6th Ave . . .
http://www.nywaterway.com/UserFiles/Files/2022/BusMaps/C1014_Weekday_Off-Peak_Bus_Map_8.5x11.pdfNo fare is collected.

FWIW, it will be difficult getting a taxi after disembarkation at ~9am on the West Side so consider alternative transportation to/from EWR, LGA or wherever.

Unfortunately we had to cancel off this cruise. I have a work event in Orlando the weekend before this cruise departs and logistics from California/Orlando/NYC and back home from San Juan wouldve been too much to plan and pull off for my family.

We called Disney on Sunday and moved our booking to the 8night Bermuda on the Fantasy in April of 2023

Can anyone sailing concierge or with platinum status post the available excursions for Bermuda, Antigua, and St. Maarten? The DCL website just lists pretty much every excursion ever offered in those ports, but I suspect that many of them are no longer offered. Some of the Bermuda ones definitely don't make sense since the ship isn't staying overnight like it does for the other Bermuda cruises.

Can anyone sailing concierge or with platinum status post the available excursions for Bermuda, Antigua, and St. Maarten? The DCL website just lists pretty much every excursion ever offered in those ports, but I suspect that many of them are no longer offered. Some of the Bermuda ones definitely don't make sense since the ship isn't staying overnight like it does for the other Bermuda cruises.
Now that I have access, I'll list what's available using the alphanumeric codes.

Bermuda
BR01, BR02, BR03, BR06, BR09, BR10, BR11, BR19, BR20, BR21, BR22, BR24, BR28, BR29, BR31, BR32, BR34, BR35, BR37, BR42, BR43, BR47

Antigua
A01, A02, A06, A16, A18, A19, A20, A25, A26, A27, A30, A31, A64

St. Maarten
SM03, SM04, SM05, SM06, SM18, SM31, SM32, SM33, SM34, SM39, SM44, SM47, SM62, SM63

So far, nothing much has filled up. All of the port adventures seem to have availability and so does Palo brunch, Palo dinner, and almost all of the drink tastings.

Based on BBB offerings, Pirate Night is Day 4.

Thanks. We are Platinum, but rarely do the Disney excursions (one way we can afford going on more cruises!).

But they give one an idea of "what there is to do".

Thanks. We are Platinum, but rarely do the Disney excursions (one way we can afford going on more cruises!).

But they give one an idea of "what there is to do".
See, I just can't be bothered to figure out transportation and stuff, so I like the Disney excursions. But it's just the two of us, so that keeps the prices down a bit.

Now that I have access, I'll list what's available using the alphanumeric codes.

Bermuda
BR01, BR02, BR03, BR06, BR09, BR10, BR11, BR19, BR20, BR21, BR22, BR24, BR28, BR29, BR31, BR32, BR34, BR35, BR37, BR42, BR43, BR47

Antigua

St. Maarten
SM03, SM04, SM05, SM06, SM18, SM31, SM32, SM33, SM34, SM39, SM44, SM47, SM62, SM63

So far, nothing much has filled up. All of the port adventures seem to have availability and so does Palo brunch, Palo dinner, and almost all of the drink tastings.

Thank you so much for taking the time to post this ❤️❤️❤️

Bermuda

Antigua

St. Maarten

Thank you again for posting this. I was able to do my research in advance and book an excursion that sold out in minutes.

Thank you again for posting this. I was able to do my research in advance and book an excursion that sold out in minutes.
I really wish that Disney would make this information public so that we can plan around it.

Anyway, enjoy the cruise!

Hello all! My husband and I just booked this sailing last week and we’re excited to get planning! I was very surprised I was able to grab a brunch and dinner at Palo so late in the game. We’re from PA and will be taking the train to NYC to embark. We still haven’t figured out our flights home from PR.

I hope everyone is aware of the Bermuda requirements to apply and pay for a Travel Authorization 30 days before cruise. There is nothing on DCL website so you’ll want to talk to your travel agent if you have questions.

41 days and counting!

I think you can apply for the authorization 30 ~ 2 days before the cruise, but 2 days may be too little. Also, they just dropped the testing requirements, especially for our cruise! See this thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/bermuda-change-in-testing-requirement.3897673/#post-64338499

or this website from the Govt of Bermuda:
https://www.gov.bm/applying-bermuda-travel-authorisation

If one goes through the website Q&A process, you will see all that we vaccinated adults have to load (besides the $40/adult) is vaccination proof. Ymmvary for children and unvaccinated.

I think you can apply for the authorization 30 ~ 2 days before the cruise, but 2 days may be too little. Also, they just dropped the testing requirements, especially for our cruise! See this thread:

https://www.disboards.com/threads/bermuda-change-in-testing-requirement.3897673/#post-64338499

or this website from the Govt of Bermuda:
https://www.gov.bm/applying-bermuda-travel-authorisation

If one goes through the website Q&A process, you will see all that we vaccinated adults have to load (besides the $40/adult) is vaccination proof. Ymmvary for children and unvaccinated.
Thank you for posting this. I hope DCL updates their “Before You Know” page to reflect the Bermuda change. Although we are fully vaxxed and boosted, we got COVID two weeks ago. We will test positive with a PCR test for a few months so we were looking at needing a letter from our doctor stating we are fully recovered and taking a proctored rapid test 1-2 days before sailing. It sounds now like all we will have to do now is submit our vaccine card and get the travel authorization. That is a big relief.

Hope everyone is ready to check in tonight!

Check in went very smoothly. Got group 2. 11-1115 am.

Now if anyone wants to cancel their Chocolate and Liquor Tasting, I’ll be all set. 😂

"Finally" (hah!) got around to checking-in this am (11:30am/#7 . . . tragedy, I know!?).
Even though it initially seemed like a pain to do this ourselves, it was/is basically identical to what we have previously stood in line to do 10+ times at Port Canaveral, Vancouver, Dover, etc.
Fewer crowds, fewer part-time port-workers, fewer powder blue blazers, I suppose.
"Everything changes," says the owner/operator of the the Big Red Boat right?
After 3 years, and 2 prior cruise cancellations . . . it's starting to seem real.
We have quite a few Disney$'s saved up since it's been 3 years and well, we're set there.
But what used to be once/year, almost routine, seems so different . . . I am SO EXCITED!

I think my wife jumped on the Palo dinner resv. already, but
Not sure if we'll do a brunch as, the buffet was really "the show," yes?
We don't do Disney excursions, but I may go back to a tennis center in Bermuda, I visited in 2019.
St Maarten has some exceptional beaches if you are into waves.
Also, we are spending an extra day in Puerto Rico afterwards, visiting a friend, and seeing some Fall Roberto Clemente baseball.

Hello, my BF and I will be cruising on this sailing. It's my first cruise, his second cruise, but first time for both of us on DCL. We just cancelled our Day 3 Bourbon Tasting if anyone is looking, but from earlier in the thread, it looks as if availability for the tastings is pretty open.

Let’s talk Bermuda. What is everyone else doing?

I spent a rainy yesterday learning all I needed to know about Bermuda. I‘m surprised at the short time we’re there compared to the other Magic sailings. And bummed the ferry to St. George isn’t running. Definitely complicates the day. 😞

We’re not doing any DCL excursions and, based on our times and ferry/bus schedules, it doesn’t seem worth it to me to take the trip to St. George’s/Caves/Swizzle Inn/Aquarium/anything on East side. I think we are going to take the 9:30 ferry to Hamilton, do the free 10:30 (1 hr 45 min) walking tour of Hamilton with the town crier, have a rum swizzle/lunch at Hog Penny then take Bus 7 to walk the 1.25 mile path along the pink beaches (Warwick Long Bay/Jobson’s Cove/Horseshoe Bay for a swizzle) and take the $7 beach shuttle back. Maybe have time then to explore Dockyard and grab another swizzle at Frog & Onion? - but I think that may be too optimistic. And, of course, find a store to grab a few bottles of wine to bring onboard. 😂 (Thoughts/comments on any parts of our plan from anyone who has been there are appreciated.)

(Looks like we will be there with the Norwegian Joy for crowd consideration.)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter