October Crowds and recommendations

deanvm

Earning My Ears
I will be going to Disney on my Honeymoon in October. Can anyone give any info on how crowded it is and what the weather is like at that time. Also any info on what to do once there.

Well, it depends on what time in October you are going...

There's the Food and Wine Festival at Epcot.

There's the Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party after MK closes certain nights in October.

Weather when we went Halloween week last year was GREAT.

Crowds Halloween week was not bad at all. It was crowded for the Halloween party but that's to be expected. It was very manageable to us though. Lines for Trick or Treating went very fast...

Hope this helps.

Try to find out when the PGA tournament is there. That brings in alot of crowds. I'm afraid it may be right around your time.

congrats on your upcoming wedding we were also married in Oct and honeymooned in WDW (next year we'll be celebrating our 25 anniv and we'll be in WDW and the disney cruise celebrating at least this time we won't have to take the kids)!!!!!

any way on to your ? we've been there a few times in OCt since our honeymoon and its really a great time to go!!!

the weather is warm enough we usually would spend one day each time we went at a water park!!

since theres no holidays the crowds were low we've already been there when the golf touramnet was on and it still wasn'nt bad and I was just as a worried about crowds as you but we had a great time as usual!!

You'll have a great time!!

when we go to disney world, its always in october. it's so nice you don't have the crowds like special times of the year. in fact we are going to the world october 18th -26th. can't wait. my middle daughter has never been there so this is her first trip and my 1 granddaughter, can't wait to see their faces when they see the castle. there is 7 of us going we are going to have such a good time. getting back to october, it is nice to go that time of the year, it is still warm especially during the day and you can go swimming. the parks are not crowded. actually i would not want to go any other time of the year. my daughter wanted to go in march but talked her into october. love that time of the year. have a wonderful time.

Thanks to all who have provided info. This board is a great source of Disney info and I cannot wait until October.

Thanks Again everyone.

deanvm

Something that's fun to do is buy the bride and groom Minnie and Mickey Mouse hats. When you wear them around the parks, people will congatulate you and CMs will, when able to, let you come to the front at the shows, recognize you, etc. just little things that will make your honeymoon even more memorable!

Minnie's is white with the ears and a little veil and Mickey's is a black tophat with the ears! They're really cute! And make a nice souvenier!

Consider buying a Passporter Guide. Invaluable to planning! So handy. I don't know if you've ever been to Disney or not but it can be daunting! www.passporter.com Check it out! Also, the last time we went we asked one of our shuttle drivers if he had to pick the best crowd time and weather time to go when would it be? (We figured if anyone should know, he should) He said

October, without a doubt!

I saw the passporter in Barnes and Noble. It looks very good and I think that my Fiancee is going to have a lot of fun with it. I ordered it online because the one we saw was 2002.

Thanks for the tip.

Glad to hear the positive responses about visitng WDW in October. maggie767: we'll be there the exact same days as you are :D .

Congratulations deanvm on your upcoming marriage...we went to WDW 21 years ago for our honeymoon...of course there was no such thing as these boards back then ;). We went in August & Epcot was opening that fall so there was only MK but we had a wonderful time. It's a magical place to spend your honeymoon. Enjoy.

We were there last October - weather was great (about 80is during day), no rain except a drizzle one day. Best part small crowds - little lines. Longest wait was about 15-20 minutes for the ever popular dumbo ride and teacups. Saw a lot of characters and could just wait for about 3 people then go right up to them. Great time to go in my opinion.

What a wonderful way to start your lives together - congrats!!!

Have any of you October visitors been around Columbus weekend/day?? If so how were the crowds. We are going this year Oct 7-14. Our last few visits have been: 2 times last week of Dec and first week of Dec. You get kind of spoiled going at those time and so now were are concerned with that holiday the lines will be worse (bad?).

I hate to butt in on your thread but I have October questions too and I didn't think I should start a whole new thread. We were originally planning on 10/25 - Nov. 2 but had to change to 10/17 - 10/25. I'm hoping that maybe the crowds will be lighter since we will not be there on Halloween but I read the post about the golf tournament and now I'm a little worried. I'm also wondering if I should worry about the weather at all, I hope it won't be hot and humid still. Any thoughts?

Originally posted by DisneyFan09
I hate to butt in on your thread but I have October questions too and I didn't think I should start a whole new thread. We were originally planning on 10/25 - Nov. 2 but had to change to 10/17 - 10/25. I'm hoping that maybe the crowds will be lighter since we will not be there on Halloween but I read the post about the golf tournament and now I'm a little worried. I'm also wondering if I should worry about the weather at all, I hope it won't be hot and humid still. Any thoughts?
well i have been there in october every time we have went. the weather is beautiful, warm during the day and cooler evenings. i probably would be safe and say about in the 80'sand higher. not humid. it might rain and then you'll have some humidity. and then again sometimes it will rain for maybe 5 or 10 minutes and then be great after that. as for the golf tournament i've never been there then. the wine festival has always been going on when we go. but the crowds are not bad. crowds are not bad because the kids are in school , although my grandchildren will be going also, but all in all there isn't a crowd. sometimes it does get crowded on weekends because some people go just for the weekend. go and have a wonderful time, it will be a great time to go. we will be there same time so here's some pixie dust.

Thank you Maggie67 for the information. I suppose you take your chances no matter what time of the year you go!! We had thought about January because of light crowds but then you have the unpredictable weather to deal with. I think I can deal with crowds as long as the weather is pleasant!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter