October Pre & Trip reports

Trip down was eventful to say the least.

We were about 4 hours later than we planned to leave. We debated and decided to drive straight through the night and not stop in hotel.

After about an hour of driving and just before crossing into Alabama I'm settling in for the long drive. All of a sudden I hear DW in passenger seat say, "I know what we forgot."

I'm thinking toothbrush, shampoo...maybe a watch.

Nope
We left garment bag. In other words, no shirts or dress pants. :headache:

Turned around and drove 1 1/2 hours back home. Got clothes and got BACK on the road.

I drove as far as Tallahassee while DW slept. By that time I'd been up 20 hours and wanted sleep, so she offered to drive. When I closed my eyes we were 20 miles west of Tallahassee. I had told DW watch for I75, but more specifically Gainesville.

I awoke 2 1/2 hours later. There was a big green sign coming up. In my awakening fog I slowly made out "Jacksonville".

Jacksonville!?

What the...she had drove right through I75 exit and kept going East. We were 15 miles west of Jacksonville and closing fast.

Oh, and it's 7am traffic. I quickly got her in direction of I95 then down to I4. Both are a disaster with traffic and construction. I'll never talk badly of I75 again.

I wish I could've seen my face when I realized where we were.
I so identify on leaving stuff at home. Now we make a list and check it off as it goes in the camper and we have double checked we have it in there Still we manage to leave something
I believe your DW was only testing your sense of direction but tell her I personally thank her for the construction updates of I 95 and 4.

Right now we just ate ( gloriously pigged out might be a better description) at the Golden Corral in Macon georgia. And we’re on the road again heading south. 355 miles to go!

Have you tried Sonny's BBQ. Yum! They have a family deal.

Disregard. I said a bad word and was warned. Hoping I am forgiven.

Last edited:
Just got off the phone with the front desk just to make sure my two reservations were assigned the same site number. They were :) and she had the site number right there.......but..... she could not tell me :confused:. Told me it's their policy that they can not give out the site number until it is cleaned and ready :sad2:. Oh well we will know it soon enough. It's noon and I am ready to vacate my desk and head home. We will hopefully be Fort bound by 4:00, and hopefully we will dodge the rain that is coming through this afternoon.

If it would stop raining I might get my decorations done today. Luckily this is a float day before the rest of my gang arrives tonight.

EF439C2D-6319-4334-BC9F-A8523CAC393C.jpeg
We are all settled in at the Kissimmee KOA: what a wonderful little gem of a campground hidden right in the busy town! We went swimming, did laundry, let the dogs relax and chill out- now heading to Walmart to get a few supplies and back here to make supper. I’ll post a few more pictures of the campground here later in case anyone is wondering what it’s like :)
126B71CC-CF8F-4A0A-88CE-7071661F2322.jpeg

Lunch at Grand Floridian Cafe was great. Had TRS and Mrs. TRS as lunch guests so conversation was great as well.

Afterwards the four of us drove over to EPCOT and toured around the Food and Wine Festival.
View attachment 361222

Headed to Disney Springs.

Were you able to get a word in edge-wise at lunch? <jk>

Love the Scupper. Really. And Missus is kewl too.

Nice shirt. High school game tonight on ESPN2 of Talia and Bear's great grandson (both QB's committed to Bama next year) playing each other. Good game on the telly....

...If.You.Don't.Have.Anything.To.Do.While.At.WDW you might try to catch it (I'm sure you have run out of things to do down there already). I'll be stuck here so I'm going to watch (oh and check the October thread for more updates and pix).

Bama Ed

Last edited:
Scupper always has good conversation. Oh, and just for the record, it was raining here right up until the time he arrived. :worship:

Scupper always has good conversation. Oh, and just for the record, it was raining here right up until the time he arrived. :worship:

Stopping the rain? He was just toying with you.

Guess he's holding off on that "snow in October" miracle till he needs it. :rotfl:

Keep having fun! ED

Were you able to get a word in edge-wise at lunch? <jk>

Love the Scupper. Really. And Missus is kewl too.

Nice shirt. High school game tonight on ESPN2 of Talia and Bear's great grandson (both QB's committed to Bama next year) playing each other. Good game on the telly....

...If.You.Don't.Have.Anything.To.Do.While.At.WDW you might try to catch it (I'm sure you have run out of things to do down there already). I'll be stuck here so I'm going to watch (oh and check the October thread for more updates and pix).

Bama Ed

As a matter of fact...
ESPN2 on at Splitsville
IMAG1418.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter