Odd email - increased time to use credit???

FigmentSpark

DIS Veteran
We have two reservations that were cancelled back in March. They gave us until June 2021 to use the credits or take the refund. We chose to book next March and I thought it was settled. Tonight, I got an email from DCL for one of my res numbers saying that on June 3, 2020 I can take an offer to use those credits up until March 31, 2022. Also, it was the old res, not the new res. And why just one room, but not the other?

Has anyone else gotten an email like this?

I did as well.... I put both my 2 rooms under my email for my March cruises... we then moved our sail date to May which also got cancelled.... I think a lot of people were having issues with cruising during that 15 month booking window and DCL probably is trying to avoid more people getting refunds because remember I’d you didn’t use it in time they still would’ve refunded it in full.... I know I will be using mine way before March 2022 lol

I just got one (well, two, had two rooms booked for Med cruise, which I should be on right now). TA also texted me to see if I saw the update. I am fearful cruises are not restarting anytime soon now.

Yeah, I'm thinking March 2022 sounds better than 2021 and if it means getting the rooms I had in the first place, rather than taking what was being booked up on the 2021 cruise, this might work out better.

I believe that being able to cruise next spring is a rather optimistic opinion. In fact, I suspect that there's a better chance that EVERY announced Disney cruise on the current schedule will eventually be cancelled than people being able to cruise next winter. Just seeing how much effort Disney is putting into repatriating their crews seems to be setting themselves up for extended downtime.

Probably also because 2021 cruises were filling up with credit-cruisers, pushing up the price and no new money coming in.

Got the notice too and I'm thrilled. 15 months put us on a cruise two months before my daughter turned three. Now we can push it out just a bit further where she'll be three... for cheaper... in the better room that we wanted all along. Win win win… except peak hurricane season. Oh well. Fingers crossed!

Probably also because 2021 cruises were filling up with credit-cruisers, pushing up the price and no new money coming in.
That makes sense. The April 2021 cruise we booked is now over $1000 more expensive. It looks like a lot of rooms were taken up too.

I wish this had been offered when we cancelled our April cruise! We were a little unsure if we would feel ready to cruise by next April due to my parents’ age, but may have booked 2 years out with the credit rather than taking the refund. Glad Disney is offering this for those currently experiencing cancellations though.

I did as well.... I put both my 2 rooms under my email for my March cruises... we then moved our sail date to May which also got cancelled.... I think a lot of people were having issues with cruising during that 15 month booking window and DCL probably is trying to avoid more people getting refunds because remember I’d you didn’t use it in time they still would’ve refunded it in full.... I know I will be using mine way before March 2022 lol

I am usually the last person to try and defend Disney, but instead of looking at it as "Disney Just wants to keep my money", it could definitely be seen as they understand the financial situations going on for a lot of guests and are trying to offer better flexibility for those who still wish to travel?

I personally shared this concern with a DCL cast member on the phone and they said that it was something being looked into. It is really nice to see them take action on it and offer better options to travelers.

I didn't get the email, but can't say I'm surprised given how patchy their mass-email systems usually are. It sounds like this is the nail in the coffin for our August 2020 cruise :(

I guess I will just wait for our cancellation to free up our credits and rebook for next summer. Not really interested in waiting for fall 2021 itineraries given hurricane season and won't cruise in the winter due to cold/flu/noro.

So does this mean the next round of cancellations is coming soon? If so, I hope it also comes with a round of Fall 2021 itineraries so I can finally decide whether to move my deposit or get a refund.

So why did I get the offer for only one of my two reservations?

Also, I rebooked already.... not to an ideal choice, but the only one that was available to me. Do I still qualify to keep my credits if I try to change that booking to a later date?

Also, they said we could do this starting June 3. Does that mean there will be new sailings offered this week?

I didn't get the email yet. We rescheduled our March cruise to November 2020 and we hope it will be on. Maybe they just expanded the window since they had to cancel so many cruises through summer.

Our March 20 cruise was cancelled, I rebooked with the FCC for March 21, will I now be able to change it to a later date?

I didn't get the email, but can't say I'm surprised given how patchy their mass-email systems usually are. It sounds like this is the nail in the coffin for our August 2020 cruise :(

I guess I will just wait for our cancellation to free up our credits and rebook for next summer. Not really interested in waiting for fall 2021 itineraries given hurricane season and won't cruise in the winter due to cold/flu/noro.

well, on June 1st, they released Florida resident discounts and military discounts for August and September 2020 cruises....

well, on June 1st, they released Florida resident discounts and military discounts for August and September 2020 cruises....
True but they had those discounts for July cruises too so I'm not sure it means anything. Seems like they just keep operating "business as usual" for upcoming cruises even for the ones they have been canceling, accepting bookings, posting discounts, allowing on board booking of stuff that won't happen (like princess meet & greet), sending out luggage tags, etc. Just not feeling very optimistic.

So why did I get the offer for only one of my two reservations?

Also, I rebooked already.... not to an ideal choice, but the only one that was available to me. Do I still qualify to keep my credits if I try to change that booking to a later date?

Also, they said we could do this starting June 3. Does that mean there will be new sailings offered this week?
Our March 20 cruise was cancelled, I rebooked with the FCC for March 21, will I now be able to change it to a later date?

For those of you that got the email, can you post the language here? Curious what the terms are.

Scott has the full text on his website:

06/01/2020

Reservation #:

Dear GUEST,

At Disney Cruise Line we understand that these are challenging times, but we take comfort in knowing that brighter days are ahead. We can’t wait to welcome our Guests back onboard and return to making magic at sea.

During this time of uncertainty, we want to provide you and your family with even more flexibility. Because your sailing was cancelled due to COVID-19, you were previously offered the choice of either a future cruise credit* equal to 125% of your original voyage fare to be used within 15 months of your original sailing or a full refund. We are now extending the use of your future cruise credit to sailings that depart by March 31, 2022.

The credit has been automatically added to your account. You may place a reservation on hold by applying it as a payment option when booking a new reservation online beginning Wednesday, June 3, 2020. Once your modified reservation is paid in full, any remaining future cruise credit will be applied to your shipboard account as a non-refundable onboard credit.

If you prefer to speak to someone directly, please contact a member of our reservation team at 1-866-325-6685 or 407-566-7797. Sailings are currently available through summer 2021 with additional eligible sailings to be released at a later date.

We appreciate the planning that goes into a cruise vacation and hope you enjoy this additional time to travel. We look forward to welcoming you aboard as soon as we can and making magic for you and your loved ones.

Sincerely,

The Cast and Crew
Disney Cruise Line

*The Future Cruise Credit is equal to 125% of your original voyage fare plus the cost of the Vacation Protection Plan, if applicable. The FCC is only valid for sailings commencing prior to March 31, 2022. Your original reservation must be paid in full to be eligible for the FCC. The FCC is applied per person and is non-transferable, non-refundable and has no cash value. Standard prevailing rates apply and Guests are responsible for any balance due after the FCC has been applied. If you end up not being able to use the FCC, you will be eligible for a refund up to the amount of your original voyage fare plus the cost of the Vacation Protection Plan, if applicable. Standard cancellation policies and terms and conditions apply to future sailings. Guests who previously received a FCC are not eligible for an additional FCC.

And I know there is nothing to be done now, but for those of us in the first wave of cancellations, it may have/would have made a difference in deciding between a refund and using the 125% if we had more than 15 months available at the time. Oh, well . . .

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter