• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Odds on getting 1 bedroom less that 7 months

hthrbells

DIS Veteran
Hey guys! We have a trip booked Dec 2-9 at Kidani. We were looking to book a different resort for the 7 and 8 since two of the people in our party are leaving and we can scale back to a 1 bedroom. What are the odds of BLT, GFV, BCV, BCV? Or am I nuts? This is our first trip as DVC owners. Thank you!

You can go on line and check availability. If nothing is open keep checking regularly because sometimes things open for a short period of time. It is a very difficult time of the year to get any near park resort (actually the highest DVC demand time of the year), particularly when you are well beyond the 7 month window, but you never know unless you check.

It's slightly in your favor that you are only looking for 2 days (when more owners are wait listing longer periods of time) and a 1BR.

BWV pool view and BLT lake view have the most units/greatest chance.

If you choose to accept the challenge, you now are playing the "stalk the website" game. Play that game early and often if you want a chance for success. (And realize its the most popular DVC time of the year, so your chance is low)

Now that some studios sleep 5, or at least the same # as the 1 BRs, lots of people choose studios over 1 BRs, at least to save the points. We've found availability of 1 BRs to be the least difficult of the villa sizes to get.

Ok so my next question, I am on a wait list for theme park view should I also be put on for a lake or a pool view? I know they said you get first available.....
If so what should I request? I have never stayed there. Thank you so very much for your help everyone!

At BLT?

A Lake View waitlist would be mathematically most likely because there are many more Lake View units.
There is no Pool View category at BLT. Any room with a pool view also have a view of Bay Lake beyond the pool.

At BLT? A Lake View waitlist would be mathematically most likely because there are many more Lake View units. There is no Pool View category at BLT. Any room with a pool view also have a view of Bay Lake beyond the pool.

Thanks!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter