Oddsmakers - we will still be required to wear masks in the parks come mid-February?

What are the odds that we will still be required to wear masks in the parks in Feb. '21?

• Total voters

squirk

Saw what you did and knows who you are.
As you've no doubt guessed, I have a trip planned at that time. We are 110% behind masks, but not sure we want to go to the parks if we have to wear them. Trying to decide if I should just skip the pearl-clutching and reschedule now.

I know nobody knows "for sure" for sure; just trying to take the temperature of the room.

We were at Disney 7/25-8/8, super hot (heat index up to 110) and humid the whole time. No real issues wearing our cloth masks, definitely worse on the more humid days though. But temp wise, I'd much prefer to be at Disney in February wearing a mask than July/August!

If you had asked me yesterday I would have said 100% masks. But after reading about the approval for the saliva quick test, I am wondering if quick tests will replace masks at some point. I would rather know the people I am in the park with are negative and go without masks if it’s possible. So for now I am in the 50-75% group.

That's why we try to go during Mardi Gras break every year. The weather is usually awesome.

Heat and humidity are a factor, to be sure. But we just don't want to mess with the masks, period. Just speaking for ourselves, we think we'd find the masks to be kind of a buzzkill and a constant reminder of what's going on in the "real" world.

I'd say we have at least another year, if not more, of masks being required. Mask wearing won't go away until there is wide spread vaccination.

Well, that's just it. Even the rosiest timelines don't project a safe, effective vaccine to be widely available by next Feb. So even if there is a vaccine, Disney will probably still require masks because most people will not have had a chance to get the vaccine yet.

Well, that's just it. Even the rosiest timelines don't project a safe, effective vaccine to be widely available by next Feb. So even if there is a vaccine, Disney will probably still require masks because most people will not have had a chance to get the vaccine yet.

Having a vaccine widely available and there being wide spread vaccination is not the same thing. It'll likely take at least a year, if not two, from the time a vaccine is available to get enough people vaccinated for it to be effective.

Having a vaccine widely available and there being wide spread vaccination is not the same thing. It'll likely take at least a year, if not two, from the time a vaccine is available to get enough people vaccinated for it to be effective.

Word-mincing aside, we're saying the same thing - nothing will be "in place" by next Feb. to allow the majority of park guests to be vaccinated whereby the mask requirement will be lifted.

If there's a vaccine, once it's widely available, I think anyone refusing it should stay home.

Word-mincing aside, we're saying the same thing - nothing will be "in place" by next Feb. to allow the majority of park guests to be vaccinated whereby the mask requirement will be lifted.

I wasn't intending to mince words. Many people do believe that all we need is a vaccine to end all of this. I was just pointing out that it will take more than just having the vaccine to end the precautions. But either way, yes, there is very little chance enough will be done by February to have the mask requirement lifted.

If there's a vaccine, once it's widely available, I think anyone refusing it should stay home.

When a vaccine becomes available. I will be waiting at least 9-12 months before I decide to get it or not. I will be staying home because we won’t have enough answers regarding herd immunity for a while.

Refusing isn’t always a negative thing, there can be reasonable reasons for it.

When a vaccine becomes available. I will be waiting at least 9-12 months before I decide to get it or not. I will be staying home because we won’t have enough answers regarding herd immunity for a while.
Me too. I'm okay with keeping the status quo for the foreseeable future. I am not eager to be a guinea pig.

Masks will be a thing until at least the end of 2022.
By “masks will be a thing” do you mean a portion of people choosing to wear them or them being mandated/required in places like Disney? Because I think it’s awfully early to make a claim that we’ll still be required to wear masks over 2 years from now. A lot can happen between now and then.

But to answer the original question, I think it’s pretty likely that they will still be required in February.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter