Off-site Hotel Recommendations?

msr709

DISfan forever
Can anyone suggest a clean, low budget hotel near USF/IOA that is safe? I'm a solo traveler this year, and would like to see if there is any hotel near with free shuttle service to USF/IOA. I only need it for 2 nights. I know I can get RP for $99 but I was hoping something even lower than that. I won't have a car. Anyone??? Thanks for any input.

I would suggest bidding for a 3 star on Priceline. The Radisson Universal across the street has been won for as lowas $25!

The list for the 3 star hotels on Priceline are as follows:

The Radisson Universal
The Rosen Centre
Westgate Lakes
Sheraton Studio City
Sheraton World Resort
Wyndham Intl Drive
Homewood Suites
Parc Corniche

These are all good, safe hotels and any are a steal for a bid as low as $25-40 a night.

For more information on bidding, visit www.biddingfortravel.com

How is the Suburban Lodge on Major Blvd.? I wonder if that will be a good place. I think it's about $50 a night.

I stayed at the Suburban Lodge for a week when they first opened back in 1999. Very nice, basic little apartment-ettes. I paid a little less than $200 for the entire week.

Hello, if you need a good hotel, stay with the "Amerisuites Universal Hotel" they are a large hotel chain and have really nice hotels and rooms...!:)

Sorry I have to disagree with you on this one OrlandoDis-
I stayed at the Amerisuites Universal last August and I will NEVER stay there again- we had a major mishap every night of our 5 night stay-
One night we had to evacuate at 3AM when the fire alarm went off-
Another night we came back from the parks at 10 PM to find that housekeeping had not only left our room unlocked by the but the door was WIDE OPEN!
Speaking of housekeeping, not only did we find an empty vodka bottle (NOT ours - I do not drink LOL) under the loveseat, another night our toilet backed up and after calling the desk and waiting over 2 hours for someone to bring a plunger the dude just handed it to me and started to walk away- I told him I expected him to fix the problem and he left a huge wet mess all over the floor.
All that and more in addition to paying 79 per night for a room that was a LONG way from a true suite- it was a standard sized room with the (full, not queen) beds shoved together and a room divider thrown up to seperate the loveseat, desk, micro, and mini fridge from the rest of the room.The only decent thing about the whole place was the free continental breakfast till 9 am. No room service.
In contrast-
In February we stayed at he Holiday Inn which is actually closer to Universal's front gates (not by much but...)
For 89 dollars we got a TRUE suite- a large bedroom with 2 queen beds, nice sized TV, bath with double vanities. The kitchen had a full sized fridge, micro, toaster, coffee maker, dishwasher, sink, tableware, large dining table and chairs, huge living room with a queen sized convertible sofa, chair & ottoman, coffee table, & full sized TV. There is a TGIFridays on the ground floor which serves a nice buffet breakfast at a decent price plus great room service.
If you can't stay onsite (and @$99 you REALLY SHOULD consider it, the room key perk is WELL worth it!) I strongly recommend Holiday Inn.
JMHO
:jester:

Thanks for all the suggestions, as it turns out, it was staff appreciation day yesterday (I'm a secretary) and one of my assignments gave me enough cash to make the deposit for a room at the Royal Pacific! God is good! So all I have to do now is come up with the other night which shouldn't be a problem since I have a couple of months to go, so I'll be staying at the Caribbean Beach at WDW 7/27 to 8/1 (thanks to the reduced rate per the WDW postcard special) and then Royal Pacific for 8/1 to 8/3. Its a little more than I was hoping to spend but what the hey, its my birthday that week, I'm going to have fun! Thanks again to you all and God bless. Doing the happy dance right now! :bounce: :bounce: :bounce: :bounce:

PS to Robinrs and Barry: have either you stayed at the RP yet?

The RP isn't even open yet, but I can get Robin to sleep outside of the contruction area in the tent if necessary. :)

Our family will be staying there the first night in Orlando. How did you like it?...Thanks...:)

Hey if they gave me Universal Express access I'd even sleep in a tent!! Woohooo!

Congrats to YOU, msr709!!! What a great perk!!! God IS Good, all the time!! This is the only time of the year I wish I was an executive assistant! But with MY skills I would've been fired before the celebration! :p

Sherillatte: I LOVED the Radisson! It was a real class act! Molokai Gram and I both stayed there a few years ago and we both agree, if you're not onsite it's the next best thing.

BTW, I spent a ridiculous rate of $100 a night back then! Wow, you get get ONsite for that rate now! :earseek:

Originally posted by Barry Horn
The RP isn't even open yet, but I can get Robin to sleep outside of the contruction area in the tent if necessary.

LOL! Barry, you're too much! Since this time I'm going solo, I have a better chance of writing a trip report. Are either of you or Robinrs planning on staying at the RP anytime soon (after it opens, Barry) LOL!:D :wave:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter