Off Site Restaurants

Piglet

<font color=blue>Can't beat <font color=red>Family
Can anyone help me out???? My family is planning on eating off site occasionally. It will be 3 of us, including a 4 year old. We will be staying at the Give Kids the World Village. Any suggestions? We like seafood (especially Crab Legs, Shrimp with also something for the 4 yr old- chicken or turkey) and my husband is a meat and potatoes kind of guy (Steak, French Fries, Roast Beef and Filling)

Thanks .... Any help will be appreciated

Piglet

If you are staying at Give Kids the World, you will probably want to eat on Hwy 192 in Kissimmee. Here are some places to try:

1. Boston Lobster Feast - This is a seafood buffet with lobster, crab, etc. I understand they have several locations in Orlando, and they are very popular with the locals.

2. Cattleman's Steak House - Have eaten here on several occasions. They offer a nice selection of steaks and have seafood too!

3. Pacino's Italian Restaurant - Located across from Old Town, they offer a huge Italian menu.

4. Key W. Cools - This is located West of Disney. I have only eaten there once, and it was a few years ago. I do recall that the food was good and the ambience too!

These four restaurants will keep your stomachs full!!

Cheers!

Well, we like to eat! My husband likes steak and seafood and Angel's had it all. I don't know the price for children but we pd. $20 per person during early bird hours. It was all you can eat and it had many different types of seafood fried, broiled and steamed. Also, prime rib and great barbecue ribs, among other meats. Even had pizza from Pizza hut on the buffet. Many vegetables, salads, deserts. There will be enough to satisfy everyone. It is located on 192 at the front of the Holiday Inn. It is on the same premises.

:wave: Hi, Melinda!

It's been a long wait but the trip is finally here, huh?

Have a wonderful time. You guys deserve it!

God bless....

Thanks eveyone for the info. Definetely will try some of those suggestions out.

Robin....Yes the trip is finally coming up soon. We leave in 21 days. Very excited and also very nervous. Say a little prayer for us that things go well and that Tessa stays well for her magical vacation.

Thanks

Melinda

Melinda, I will say a BIG prayer.

She's already blessed to have parents like you two. Have a wonderful tme!

Have fun on your trip. I do hope that you find the Kids Village to be magical. Just in case you didn't know, breakfast and dinner is served daily at the Kids Village (sponsored by Perkins) and is "included" as part of your trip. They always have a great variety of food, so unless you really want to, there's no need for you to eat off-site during your visit. Also--there's a fabulous ice-cream parlor at the village (sponsored by Friendly's) where you can get ice cream with various toppings (candy pieces, fruit, etc..), cones, sundaes, banana spilts, milk shakes, and various other items--that is if you still have room after you've eaten dinner!

Enjoy!

Thanks Robin, You are too sweet.

Redpants, I did hear that they serve Breakfast and Dinner. My husband and myself were wanting to go somewhere that had seafood. Have you stayed at Give Kids the World Village before?? Just wondered what the rooms were like and what I needed to bring along, such as laundry detergent and the like.

Thanks

Melinda

Make A Wish Trip - October 28 - November 3

Piglet/Melinda--No, I haven't stayed at the Village. I actually volunteer there, so I have a pretty good knowledge base...

The rooms are actually villas, with a kitchen (w/full-sized fridge), living room, Master bedroom, and kid's bedroom. There are also two bathrooms, with the one attached to the kids room being fully handicapped-accessible. You will also have a washer/dryer--and little boxes of complimentary detergent. In the past, we would stock the fridge w/milk, soda, and lunchables, but I'm not sure if that still happens. Your will have a TV/VCR in the living room, and there are videos available to check-out at the front desk.

Several times during the week, characters from various local attractions (Disney, Sea World, Universal) are present at breakfast. In addition, you will be able to get your photograph taken with these characters! Once a week, there's also a pool party/dinner at the pool, which is quite fun for all! And, try not to miss Parent's Night Out, which allows you and DH to have a nice meal at one of a number of local restaurants (some Disney restaurants included), while your little one will have a fun evening playing at the Village.

Give Kids the World is truly a great experience. For the most part, everything is taken care of, so that you and your family can have a worry-free week.

Let me know if you have any other questions!--And, ENJOY!

We enjoyed Jungle Jim's. The prices are very reasonable, and the food good and plentiful. It is located near Gooding's Supermarket at Crossroad's Plaza. I think it was the Lake Buena Visa exit off I-4. For breakfast, try any of the local Ponderosa's. They have a breakfast buffet for $3.99 adults, and $2.99 kids. This was very good. We also enjoyed the Hard Rock Cafe at CitiWalk.

I forgot to add this. We brought Pizza Hut coupons from the newspaper at home. The Pizza Hut we went to honored them. This made for a nice, cheap meal.

Thanks everyone....

Redpants.... Thanks for all the info on GKTW Village. You have been really helpful (especially with our packing list)!!!! Maybe we will see you at the Village. We are scheduled to arrive on October 28. Let me know if you are volunteering that week and where we might be able to find you. We are so excited about this trip and my daughter is really looking forward to the airplane ride and meeting all the characters. Make A Wish keeps sending her little surprises in the mail and she thinks Mickey Mouse is sending them!!!!

Thanks so much.

Melinda

Woo Hoo! I bet you are getting excited about your upcoming trip! I just checked, and it looks like there may be a Halloween Event at the village on the 31st, so if your DH is up to it, she should wear her costume that night. There will be entertainment, and a "candy walk" (think trick-or-treating among the building of the village). Should be fun!

I will not be there at the village while you are visiting. Sorry--but do enjoy anyways!

Melinda, just wanted to add my sincere best wishes for your upcoming trip. GKTW is a truly magical and remarkable place to stay - it is the only charity I promote in my Orlando guidebook - and everything is geared towards families having as much fun as possible together. The set-up there is quite amazing, almost like a mini theme park in its own right, and the staff are quite magnificent (my hat's off to you, redpants, you are helping out a great organization).

Boston Lobster Feast definitely sounds like a good bet for you, BTW, while Captain Nemo's on 192 is another good family choice. At the Crossroads plaza near Downtown Disney there are two other great choices - the Crab House (for great seafood, plus steak) and Pebbles, which offers a range of good food, from seafood to great herb-crusted chicken.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter