Official 2011 Disneyland Half Thread!

Congrats! I'm still debating. I may register for it when I go down for the Princess Half. Running with ya is a good inspiration to do it!

Another person here with plans of registering for the half. I want to get my DVC room booked first before registering. The 7 month window to book a room opens up Feb. 3rd. Also, there talk a work that there may be money to help pay registration fees. I want to get the details before signing up.

I would love to do Coast to Coast one year, but we get back from our honeymoon on 8/28. Don't think my boss would appreciate me going to Anaheim the next weekend.

You know I'll be there... 6 years running! A note on DVC at VGC, studios are full for Sat/Sun. We're in a 1 bedroom on Sat/Sun and swap to a studio for Mon, waitlisted for the others. And we reserved at around the 10 month point...

I've already planned my vacation around this! Going to be visiting my parents and then doing the Half along with the kids races for my little ones!

--DB

I am looking to sign up for next years 1/2, I saw on the web site that you and your family can get a deal on tickets...any one have the info on this?

I'm training right now for the DisneyWorld Princess 1/2 marathon.

I have 3 more planned after that:
San Diego Rock & Roll 1/2 marathon - beginning of June
Seattle Rock & Roll 1/2 marathon - end of June
Disneyland 1/2 marathon - Labor Day weekend

I'm really looking forward to the special medals they give for the Coast to Coast and for doing 2 Rock & Rolls in the same year.

I only did one 1/2 marathon last year, but got hooked!

I love reading the conversations on the discussion boards. I have gotten some great advice.

Keep up the good training!

See you all at the race!
http://www.wdwinfo.com/images/smilies/banana.gif

I'm signing up for this just as soon as I finish the Princess next month. If I can get through that one I'm treating myself to the chance to go all the way to California. :lmao: I'm going to go for the Coast to Coast if I go all that way!

I'm really looking forward to it though. I've actually already booked a room there, you know...just in case. ;)

I'll be there! It will be my third DL half. I just got home from the WDW half... so excited for the Coast-to-Coast medal this year :dance3:

You know I'll be there... 6 years running! A note on DVC at VGC, studios are full for Sat/Sun. We're in a 1 bedroom on Sat/Sun and swap to a studio for Mon, waitlisted for the others. And we reserved at around the 10 month point...

Thanks for the information on VGC. I'll probably need to wait list for race weekend then and hope for the best. Rooms at PP are the same number of points as VGC on Saturday but a fair amount more on Sunday. So, I may look at 2 nights at PP before moving over to VGC, or spend race weekend off site. I'm planning on going for 7-10 days and was going to spend a few off site as it was. I'm assuming I'll was to be in the same hotel Saturday and Sunday nights.

Well dangnabit! I want one now! I don't see going back to Disney anytime soon so if I want the C2C medal I will have to do it this year. Hmmmm.....

The C2C is one of my favorite medals of all time. It's all about the medals, isn't it? :teeth: It really is a nice one to have in your collection.

Not this year. Bummer. Loved the race & the Grand Californian Villas.

But I will be back in another year or 2....... Maybe after the California Adventure renovation is done.

I will be there for my second DL Half and Coast to Coast medal! :goodvibes I hope that they allow runners to go through Angel Stadium this year too!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter