Official 2012 Princess 1/2 marathon thread part 2

Hey everyone.
You can now go to the Disney web site and print out your race certificate & see Disney's photos/video, etc.

Here's the link:
mydisneymarathon.com/Princess

Sweet!:banana:

I'M BAAAAAACCCCCKKKKK!!! lolol!

First of all, MOUTAINEER!!! So awesome to hang with you in the Race Retreat on race morning!! Sorry I spent so much time trying to get my pic with Tink!! It was so awesome to meet a Dis-er!!

It was great meeting you. I'm really shy and didn't know who anyone at RR was :)

Gretchen, maybe we'll be on the same side for the next one. I'm ready to sign up.

I don't understand why Disney doesn't let you pre-order event merchandise to pick up with your BIB like they do the necklaces / pins. Popular sizes disappear quickly. They would make more money and have a better gauge of how many items to order. Maybe I'm alone in this thinking, but it sucks when you can't get something you wanted because you don't get in town the first day of the expo, or even the first few hours of the expo.

I agree! They should also have shirt/ merch designs finished sooner so runners can preorder with pictures.

Mountaineer, I'm going to sign up for the Hatfield & McCoy Half this weekend. Are you hoping to be a Hatfield or a McCoy? It won't be as exciting as the Princess, but the scenery should be pretty.

Mountaineer, I'm going to sign up for the Hatfield & McCoy Half this weekend. Are you hoping to be a Hatfield or a McCoy? It won't be as exciting as the Princess, but the scenery should be pretty.

I'm looking at that race, naturally being a McCoy. Have you ran it before? Seems cool.

I'm itching to do another half now..since I'm in shape and wouldn't need to do another long run! I'm so disappointed (but not surprised) that the DC Rock 'n Roll is is sold out!

I'm itching to do another half now..since I'm in shape and wouldn't need to do another long run! I'm so disappointed (but not surprised) that the DC Rock 'n Roll is is sold out!

Me too! I already have three more scheduled this year. One in May, the DL 1/2 and then the R'nR Denver in Sept. :) A year ago I did not run and if you had told me that by March 1st I would have finished two 1/2 marathons I would have told you that you were CRAZY!!!!!

I'm looking at that race, naturally being a McCoy. Have you ran it before? Seems cool.

I haven't. The Princess was my first half. This race is about an hour and a half from me and I love that it has no time limit. And the history is pretty interesting to me, but I'm a WV native, so I'm probably biased.

I didn't post a lot on this board but I wanted to thank you all for being such an inspiration to me. After taking a 20 year break from long-distance running, I laced up my shoes again for the Disney Princess Half. I am so grateful I did. This time last year I had not even started training. When I did start training in April I could barely finish a mile. I ended up finishing with a 13 min. pace so I stayed well ahead of the sweepers. It was so much fun. The entertainment and the costumes on the race course were amazing!!!

I would have had no time for the race retreat. I got a 4 a.m. bus and thought I would have tons of time to kill at the race start. By the time I walked to the corral, and went potty, it was not long before the fireworks went off for the start.

My husband and teenage kids were awesome. They seemed generally proud. There was not even a hint of a board, surly teenager among them. They loved seeing all the costumes.

Now I have to get back into the swing of normal life. I am trying to be positive, but oh my it is hard to face the reality of laundry, dishes and work. Oh well, I can always dream of the next race. For me, that will be the Zooma run in Austin, TX at the end of the month.

I signed up for that race back in October at another RNR expo since it was a great deal. I lost track of how fast the race was filling up, but my dad wanted to sign up for it after the disney 1/2 in January and it was already full by then. I'm glad that running is becoming so popular and people are wanting to do healthy things, but sometimes having the plan so far in advance is a pain! I hope there are some others in your area to run!

Just getting back from the World and having to adjust to the real world. Boo.

Love hearing all the race reports!

Dixiechik--- WOW! Congrats and awesome and WOW again on finishing! WTG mama!

As for me- I had a WAY better time this year than last year. Every aspect of the race was just sooooo much better (except for having tummy issues and needing the port a potties 4 times before mile 7) That part really sucked and was freaking me out, but the rest of the race was really great.

I think the most entertaining part for me was reading everyone's shirts and checking out costumes. I spent more time looking at the people in front of me and passing me than the official entertainment! :)

Saw Amy and Julie at the end- they were running wild and laughing and taking pictures with everyone- clearly embracing the spirit of the Princess run! It was very cool! Great to see you ladies!

I am in for next year- what a difference a year can make! I never felt like I couldn't finish- I never felt like it wasn't possible. The last 3 miles last year were torture for me- but this year was when I got my second wind and finished strong!

See yall in 2013

Just getting back from the World and having to adjust to the real world. Boo.

Saw Amy and Julie at the end- they were running wild and laughing and taking pictures with everyone- clearly embracing the spirit of the Princess run! It was very cool! Great to see you ladies!

I am in for next year- what a difference a year can make! I never felt like I couldn't finish- I never felt like it wasn't possible. The last 3 miles last year were torture for me- but this year was when I got my second wind and finished strong!

See yall in 2013

Thanks, Patty! It WAS fun, and at the end when most everyone else just wants to be done, there are virtually no lines for the characters!

Glad to hear your race went so well!

Speaking of pictures, I have Day 2 of our trip (Saturday) up on the blog. We hit DHS and Epcot to stalk the princesses in the World Showcase! :laughing:
http://longingforthesea.blogspot.com/2012/03/princess-trip-report-day-2-hollywood.html

Hockey Kat!

I'm just looking over my race pics enlarged to full screen, and in my pic of Space Mountain (before you get into MK) I see 3 Team Goddess tshirts in the bottom left hand!!!! Doh! If I had just looked around for 2 seconds after taking the picture, I could have said hi to you! :headache: I'll work on my race report for my blog tonight and put this pic in there!

Hockey Kat!

I'm just looking over my race pics enlarged to full screen, and in my pic of Space Mountain (before you get into MK) I see 3 Team Goddess tshirts in the bottom left hand!!!! Doh! If I had just looked around for 2 seconds after taking the picture, I could have said hi to you! :headache: I'll work on my race report for my blog tonight and put this pic in there!

Oooo almost!! Next year I promise we will meet up. :) Are you and Julie on FB?

I just finished reading the TR Day 2. Love it. We are thirsty often too. :upsidedow

RJ is a distant Hatfield relative, so I guess I hope I get to be a Hatfield. Blackberry Mountain scares me but at least I won't have to worry about the time limit.

I signed up for that race back in October at another RNR expo since it was a great deal. I lost track of how fast the race was filling up, but my dad wanted to sign up for it after the disney 1/2 in January and it was already full by then. I'm glad that running is becoming so popular and people are wanting to do healthy things, but sometimes having the plan so far in advance is a pain! I hope there are some others in your area to run!

I know! I'm glad people are running but last minute planning stinks..and there's no way I would have signed up for 2 halves without completing one!

I think I might do the Historic Half in Fredericksburg. It's 3 weeks after the Broad Street Run (10 miler), which means I should be in pretty good shape with 1 or 2 long runs in between. The only thing stopping me is that miles 10-12 are uphill!

I know! I'm glad people are running but last minute planning stinks..and there's no way I would have signed up for 2 halves without completing one!

I think I might do the Historic Half in Fredericksburg. It's 3 weeks after the Broad Street Run (10 miler), which means I should be in pretty good shape with 1 or 2 long runs in between. The only thing stopping me is that miles 10-12 are uphill!

I did this race in 2011. The hill definitely sucks, but it's a very pretty and well-supported course, plus every course monitor is a cute Marine. You also get your medal from one. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter