Official 2015 Disneyland Half Marathon Thread.

The runDisney site has the 5k posted as starting at 6:15 and the 10k, half marathon, and full marathon starting at 5:30.

Where does it say that? I can only see the dates, but no specific times. I was just going off what they did this year.

If they are making the 5k a 6:15am start, this will be after sunrise, and obviously will heat up quicker if it's a sunny day.

I saved a copy of last year's program - last year all of the distances started at 5:30AM, as zanzibar138 said. :)

MaleficentRN - maybe look for photos of past Disney races and show them to your teens to gauge their interest? If they're not into the idea, maybe just wait and try again some other year. That's a lot of money to spend on entries if they don't really want to do it. :confused3

OK - I think I'm going to take the plunge and make the Disneyland Half my 2015 New Year's Resolution!

I know with it being the anniversary, it will be popular. Anyone recall how fast the half sold out this year and last year? Just want to make sure I schedule calendar alerts appropriately ... would hate to miss getting registered!

OK - I think I'm going to take the plunge and make the Disneyland Half my 2015 New Year's Resolution! I know with it being the anniversary, it will be popular. Anyone recall how fast the half sold out this year and last year? Just want to make sure I schedule calendar alerts appropriately ... would hate to miss getting registered!
I can tell you the 10k sold out in a few hours - I think it was closed by late afternoon the first day of open registration. I think the half was similar.

Awesome - thanks!

Our favorite baseball team (Texas Rangers - we're season-ticket holders) is in town that weekend to play the Angels, so it's like this whole thing is meant to be!

Up next - convince my husband to train with me to run this thing!

OK - I think I'm going to take the plunge and make the Disneyland Half my 2015 New Year's Resolution!

I know with it being the anniversary, it will be popular. Anyone recall how fast the half sold out this year and last year? Just want to make sure I schedule calendar alerts appropriately ... would hate to miss getting registered!

I can tell you the 10k sold out in a few hours - I think it was closed by late afternoon the first day of open registration. I think the half was similar.

The 10k sold out within the first hour. I know because I just scraped in with our registrations at 9:56am. By the time I got back to the home screen, the 10k was marked as sold out.

I was sure the half sold out in 2 hours or so, but could be mistaken since we didn't register for that one. Might be worth checking the old thread as that has all the real time information from registration day.

If it's something you're keen on doing, I would definitely make sure you're at a computer logged on and ready to go 5 minutes before registration opens, and just keep hitting refresh until you get in. That's how I did it last year (had already booked flights from Australia so HAD to get registered :scared:). With the time difference, I had to be ready to go by 3am :rotfl:

Great to know - thanks!

I know I'll be registering right at the opening bell. Since I can't register husbo and I together, I'm hoping he'll at least register himself promptly.

I just went to Disneyland for the first time this summer (by myself, sadly!) and fell in love. I'm looking forward to running through the parks and seeing my new favorite show - World of Color - first thing in the morning!

I've downloaded the Jeff Galloway guide for training for the half - I've run two 5ks in the past three weeks with decent timing. And I've been tracking my miles walked at work (18 in one day recently!), so I'm not worried about doing the 15m/mile for the distance ... but I'd like to do better than that. Is that too much to ask?

Great to know - thanks!

I know I'll be registering right at the opening bell. Since I can't register husbo and I together, I'm hoping he'll at least register himself promptly.

I just went to Disneyland for the first time this summer (by myself, sadly!) and fell in love. I'm looking forward to running through the parks and seeing my new favorite show - World of Color - first thing in the morning!

I've downloaded the Jeff Galloway guide for training for the half - I've run two 5ks in the past three weeks with decent timing. And I've been tracking my miles walked at work (18 in one day recently!), so I'm not worried about doing the 15m/mile for the distance ... but I'd like to do better than that. Is that too much to ask?

Disneyland is my favourite Disney park too :goodvibes

If you want to see the WOC fountains at their best, try to run the first bit of the course relatively quickly. That first bit before you get into the parks is pretty boring anyway. By the time we got there on our 10k, it was pretty much daylight and it really didn't have the same effect (still cool though) :rotfl:

I think you're right on track for a great pace for the half :thumbsup2 I have a sedentary office job and can't even run a whole 5k yet (although I just set a PB on the weekend of about 35 minutes with a walk/run combo). I'm just finishing up a tweaked 10k program, then I'll be starting the Galloway beginner half program, then moving on to the time improver. I'm hoping that I'll be able to get a good enough time to get a decent corral, and then be able to run at a decent pace on the day so I'll have more time for characters and photo opportunities :thumbsup2

Well, if you need anyone to be your online accountability buddy - I'm game!

I'm planning to go with a similar plan - starting the Half for Beginners next week, completing that and then doing something for time before starting on the Time Improver to try to get into a great corral (my goal is D ... but that may be a sky-high goal!).

And yay for that PB - 35 is no joke! That's a great pace - keep it up!

Your picture has me ready to start training tomorrow!!!

The 10k sold out within the first hour. I know because I just scraped in with our registrations at 9:56am. By the time I got back to the home screen, the 10k was marked as sold out.

I was sure the half sold out in 2 hours or so, but could be mistaken since we didn't register for that one. Might be worth checking the old thread as that has all the real time information from registration day.

The Half took a bit to sell out. I had already registered early b/c of DVC, and I was reminding my brother to get his spot asap. He laughed really hard at my urgency, because he got in with ease and with NO urgency. Then again, he's a veteran of the San Diego Comicon, having gotten tickets for it (multiple, every-day, tickets) for the last 5 years, so maybe his sense of urgency is just lower than mine thanks to that. :)

Well, if you need anyone to be your online accountability buddy - I'm game!

I'm planning to go with a similar plan - starting the Half for Beginners next week, completing that and then doing something for time before starting on the Time Improver to try to get into a great corral (my goal is D ... but that may be a sky-high goal!).

And yay for that PB - 35 is no joke! That's a great pace - keep it up!

Your picture has me ready to start training tomorrow!!!

Oh I would love to get corral D, but I can't realistically see myself being anywhere near a 2 hour half after the beginner program :sad2: I really want to get down to 2 1/2 as the last few corrals for last year were huge and had large time differences (corral H had a 45 minute difference!). I think that will be enough of a struggle, but even if I don't make it at least I shouldn't be in the last corral, which will be an improvement on last year :thumbsup2

Funnily enough, I'm really self motivated when it comes to running. Even stuck to my training program on our recent holiday in Thailand (even though it meant getting up at 5:30am to beat the worst of the heat :crazy2:)! But I'm absolutely up for keeping anyone else on track :thumbsup2

The Half took a bit to sell out. I had already registered early b/c of DVC, and I was reminding my brother to get his spot asap. He laughed really hard at my urgency, because he got in with ease and with NO urgency. Then again, he's a veteran of the San Diego Comicon, having gotten tickets for it (multiple, every-day, tickets) for the last 5 years, so maybe his sense of urgency is just lower than mine thanks to that. :)

I just went and checked last year's thread (it was bugging me lol!). At about 2pm on the day registration opened the half was only 85% full. So looks like it might be easier to get into than the 10k :thumbsup2 I still plan to be up at 3am when registration opens though, just in case :surfweb: We've already booked our flights, so I definitely don't want to risk missing out!

Keep in mind that this is the 10th anniversary of the half marathon, so it very well may sell out more quickly than last year.

Got my new sneakers in the mail today, so I guess that means my training starts in earnest on Tuesday!

Got the husband convinced to join me - so exciting! I may have had to promise him a Sculpin at DCA when we go to the parks after the race. ;)

I know we're still a WAYS away, but we're already starting to think about timing goals. Hubs is looking at 10:30/m (though, he's REALLY concerned with how to keep himself occupied over two hours of running). I'm shooting for 12:30/m ... but unlike the hubs, I don't think I'll have any problem keeping my mind off the running because I'll be in one of my favorite places!!

I found a local race that has a challenge similar to DDD this spring. You can do either a 5k or 10k on Saturday, and the a half on Sunday and get an additional challenge medal.

By the time the race rolls around I will have done my first half marathon. Trying to decide if I should do the 5k or the 10k for the challenge. I would love to have a full practice of the DDD down before the summer heat kicks in, but perhaps it's better to take a smaller step first and do the 5k + half. Either way, I plan to mostly walk the Saturday race. Anyone have any advice?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter