Official 2016 - Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend

EDS19

Mouseketeer
Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend
November 10-November 13, 2016 - Disneyland® Resort, California

Official RunDisney Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon Page
Avengers Assemble! Join the Avengers team for the Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon Weekend at the Disneyland® Resort - the extraordinary course on Earth hosted by Earth's Mightiest Heroes! It's a power-packed weekend of fantastic fun and amazing excitement with mighty runs, incredible surprises, and the chance to take home your own Avengers Super Heroes Finisher Medal. Unleash your inner Super Hero abilities! Join the fun during the Avengers Super Heroes Weekend.

Upcoming Important Dates:
April 5:
DVC/AP Early Registration
April 12: General Registration
Aug 2: Proof of Time Submission Deadline

The Schedule:
runDisney Health & Fitness Expo

Disneyland® Hotel Exhibit Hall
Thursday, November 10, 2016 (Time TBA)
Friday, November 11, 2016 (Time TBA)
Saturday, November 12, 2016 (Time TBA)

Captain America 5K
Friday, November 11, 2016
Start Time: 5:30 a.m.
Start/Finish: Disneyland® Resort

Doctor Strange 10K
Saturday, November 12, 2016

runDisney Kids Races
Downtown Disney® District near ESPN Zone®
Saturday, November 12, 2016
Start time: 9:00 AM

Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon
Sunday, November 13, 2016

Infinity Gauntlet Challenge
Saturday, November 12, 2016 Start Time: 5:30 a.m.
Sunday, November 13, 2016 Start Time: 5:30 a.m.

The Fees:
Avengers Super Heroes Half Marathon

$205

Doctor Strange 10K
$120

$350

Captain America 5K
$80

runDisney Kids Races
$20

Who's going to Assemble?

rowan1813
ImDMous
DH- ImDMous
Lurkergirl
DCbride
DCbride - Husband
DCbride - Daughter
Figment1990 - DH, DS, Dad
Figment1990
MeridaAndAngus
Davidg83​

EDS19
Courtneybeth
Mr. Courtneybeth
flvy
StartedByAMouse - Daughter
Cali Cat
runjanerun
Angel Ariel

Half Marathon
JwJulie*
JwJulie Friend*
DCbride
Figment1990
SnowWhiteOz​

(* Coast to Coast)
S'mores*
SueInBoston*
DH- ImDMous

MinnieMarathoner
DH - MinnieMarathoner*
Shananana

DH- Shananana
DD - Dis5150*
pxefig*

Wink25
swooshbear
Breyean
Davidg83
StartedByAMouse
bellrae
Reindeer
Angel Ariel - DH
Hazelon
MeridaAndAngus
bevcgg
DH - bevcgg
cp11
cp11 - DD
Comment below if you are planning to Assemble! I'll update this post with addition info as it is made available.

Last edited:
Husband and I are assembling for the 10K race this year!

(Then we're driving 4 hours to Las Vegas to run the Rock n Roll 5K [same evening at the 10K] and Half Marathon [Sunday] races).

With the new C2C medal rules I'll be doing the IGC! Hoping the back of the medal has a new gem this year :) Gonna be a girls weekend with my Mom where she eats all the yummy food and I run :)

I will be there for the 5K! I am actually incredibly excited as this will not only be my first RunDisney race but also my first race entirely. This is all part of my New Years resolution of getting healthy.

I may have some stupid newbie type questions in the future and I hope y'all don't mind my asking them. :love:

Husband and I are assembling for the 10K race this year!

(Then we're driving 4 hours to Las Vegas to run the Rock n Roll 5K [same evening at the 10K] and Half Marathon [Sunday] races).

She may also have a plus 1 for all that. :rolleyes1

Guh. I was planning to "Avenge the Strip" if I didn't get into NYC, but I dunno. Another $350 (which means $373.25) challenge ...

DH got a call from Run Disney today to verify our address. Apparently he came in first for his age group 2015 10k. Anyone know what they are sending? I'm more curious than he is!
A small trophy. Last year they weren't personalized, but you can take it to a trophy place and have a plaque with his name added.

Why does it always seem like all the RunDisney registrations happen back to back during one part of the year....maybe it's just me. I just signed up for the DL 1/2 Marathon and now in a few weeks is Avengers...then shortly after Star Wars will be coming up for sale. I need to prepare better for this!

Guh. I was planning to "Avenge the Strip" if I didn't get into NYC, but I dunno. Another $350 (which means $373.25) challenge ...

Is that what they're calling it? Avenge the strip? I guess I'll be doing the avenge the strip lite haha

Only at Disney could a 10k cost $120. Costs are a bit ridiculous.

Is that what they're calling it? Avenge the strip? I guess I'll be doing the avenge the strip lite haha

Only at Disney could a 10k cost $120. Costs are a bit ridiculous.

I like our version of "Avenging the Strip" - we get the Captain America 10k medal, then off to vegas for the 5K, Half, and remix medal. I think the total cost is cheaper our way :rolleyes1

I Avenged the Strip in 2015 - the airline however made it far more stressful than it needed to be! :D We had a plane full of people in runDisney race shirts at noon at SNA, all trying to get to the start line and we were delayed over an hour! By the time we got there the roads were already closed so traffic was nuts. It was a great weekend in the end, but for those doing it I will make two recommendations:

1) pick a hotel as close as you can get to the start line in case you are delayed getting to Vegas (I had to run an extra mile to get to the start line on time, only just made it (was pinning my bib on as they started the race - so get nice and close);

2) have Monday night in Vegas too if you can. It was amazing to have a complete resort day on the Monday to rest the legs. I ate room service, watched tv and felt the better for it.

I had picked my hotel for proximity to the finish line, but that was all for naught. They sent us down a long chute post race end, and you had to walk the long way to get to the other side of the street. What would normally have been a quarter mile walk to the hotel was almost 2 miles in the end because of the way they had it structured. Those hotels on the Bellagio side of the strip are far easier to access post race than the ones on the other side.

Don't forget bibs can be picked up at the start line for the RnR races, which is great for those making a mad dash from Anaheim (and you can pick up your shirt and other swag after the race at the finish line).

I'm keen to do this again, but my 2016 plans for November are currently in the hands of the NYRR lottery :-)

I like our version of "Avenging the Strip" - we get the Captain America 10k medal, then off to vegas for the 5K, Half, and remix medal. I think the total cost is cheaper our way :rolleyes1

I followed a guy on instagram last year who did the Avengers 5k, then next day did the Avengers 10k, flew to Vegas after that race, did the RnR 5K, then flew back to Anaheim that night, got up early, did the Avengers half, then flew back to Vegas yet again to do the FULL! I was tired just looking at his posts!

I followed a guy on instagram last year who did the Avengers 5k, then next day did the Avengers 10k, flew to Vegas after that race, did the RnR 5K, then flew back to Anaheim that night, got up early, did the Avengers half, then flew back to Vegas yet again to do the FULL! I was tired just looking at his posts!

Wow that is truly inspiring and exhausting. I would love to add the avengers 5k but I think the dual 345am wake up calls would put me out for Vegas. I'm sure there will be people attempting that! Hehe.

I'll stick with my 10k, 5k, and half combo. :)

1) pick a hotel as close as you can get to the start line in case you are delayed getting to Vegas (I had to run an extra mile to get to the start line on time, only just made it (was pinning my bib on as they started the race - so get nice and close);

2) have Monday night in Vegas too if you can. It was amazing to have a complete resort day on the Monday to rest the legs. I ate room service, watched tv and felt the better for it

Driving in seems like the best bet for us. The 10k will take about 90 mins so I figure we will be done around 8, head home to shower, change and hit the road by 930. Our hotel is close to the start. Booked it today so glad I took this advice. My goal is to get to the hotel before roads close and hit up the expo and rest in the room. 5k first then half the next day.

It's doable. Crazy. But doable. I'd love to do a half and half on the same day but I think I'm pushing it with the 10k and 5k on the same day then half next day. It'll be fun to see who else joins us in this craziness.

Driving in seems like the best bet for us. The 10k will take about 90 mins so I figure we will be done around 8, head home to shower, change and hit the road by 930. Our hotel is close to the start. Booked it today so glad I took this advice. My goal is to get to the hotel before roads close and hit up the expo and rest in the room. 5k first then half the next day.

It's doable. Crazy. But doable. I'd love to do a half and half on the same day but I think I'm pushing it with the 10k and 5k on the same day then half next day. It'll be fun to see who else joins us in this craziness.

It is totally doable. I was originally signed up to do the half in Vegas, but changed to the 10k a few weeks out. So glad I did, the weather was a nightmare, and I was happy to be done after 31kms in one day. Attempted to go to dinner at 8pm afterwards and nearly nodded off into food I was so buggered!

As tiring as it was - running down the strip at night was amazing. The real benefit of doing the half or full is of course you get to add in Freemont Street - but the 10k was still pretty great.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter