Official 2016 Dopey Challenge Thread

Race Dopey
Name - stacey
Bib# 223 something
Dis'er Name - look to the left cause I can't remember
Costume - just my run gear
Corral - G & a guess for the 10 & 5?
Early Bird/Late Arriver to corral - early because I can never sleep until the full
Front/Middle/Back lining up in the corral - usually right at the front left.
Expected Pace - 11-11:30 for full depends on temp.

I will be by myself until Sunday when Dh shows up with the kids.

Added you. :) Based on my research of half/full corral placement to 5K/10K corrals, you will be in B.

5K/10K = Half/Full corrals
A = A,B,C,D,E
B = F,G,H,I,J
C = K
D = L
E = M
F

The "F" half/full is the only one I haven't confirmed at this point.

Can you please my girlfriend to the legacy list? Kay Ellen Winfrey is her name. She has done every Dopey with me.

Thanks,
Caleb Roby

Can you please my girlfriend to the legacy list? Kay Ellen Winfrey is her name. She has done every Dopey with me.

Thanks,
Caleb Roby

Don't worry. The list I found on runknittravel is unofficial (and not by rundisney) and a rough estimate as to the number of people who have completed the first two. I agree though as I found her on both of the Dopey finisher lists. @opusone is really good with excel so maybe he could whip together a quick list of matching names from the first two finishers lists and see what he comes up with (no rush).

Race - Dopey
Name - Chris
Bib# - 21182
Dis'er Name - ChrisNY2
Costume - none
Corral - E (but probably starting with my friend in F)
Early Bird/Late Arriver to corral - Late
Front/Middle/Back lining up in the corral - Middle
Expected Pace - TBD :-)

@opusone is really good with excel so maybe he could whip together a quick list of matching names from the first two finishers lists and see what he comes up with (no rush).

I can't refuse a challenge from @DopeyBadger, so here is the quick Dopey Legacy list I came up with from 2014 & 2015. This does assume the names were identically entered in both years, but I came up with 1,409* total. See attached .pdf file.

-------------------------------
* See update below.

Edit: updated the list to include 49 additional legacy Dopey runners. These additions had changes in their first names due to shortened names, nicknames or misspellings from 2014 to 2015.

There are now 1,458 unofficial legacy runners. This list does not include any runners whose last name either changed or was misspelled from 2014 to 2015.

Attachments

• Dopey Legacy v2.pdf
    57.7 KB · Views: 24
Last edited:
I can't refuse a challenge from @DopeyBadger, so here is the quick Dopey Legacy list I came up with from 2014 & 2015. This does assume the names were identically entered in both years, but I came up with 1,409 total. See attached .pdf file.

Super impressive. Thanks for putting this together. Appreciate it.

*And if a relative to Chris Steele is on the disboards (saw a comment on runknittravel's blog recently), the reason he doesn't appear on this list is because in 2014 his first name was Chris and in 2015 it was Christopher. I'm sure he isn't the only one whose first name (or last name, i.e. marriage/divorce) won't show up on an unofficial list like ours.

*And if a relative to Chris Steele is on the disboards (saw a comment on runknittravel's blog recently), the reason he doesn't appear on this list is because in 2014 his first name was Chris and in 2015 it was Christopher. I'm sure he isn't the only one whose first name (or last name, i.e. marriage/divorce) won't show up on an unofficial list like ours.

So, I just now updated the list in my previous post to include 49 additional names based on first name differences like Chris/Christopher Steele you mentioned. Many Dave/Davids, Joe/Josephs, Drew/Andrews, Chris/Christophers, etc... even a misspelling here or there. I have no way to testing for last name differences, but we (and by we, I don't mean me) are currently up to 1,458 legacy Dopey runners.

Thanks for your help on this guys! So will the legacy runners get any special recognition for doing Dopey #3 this year? Or does that not happen until #5 or higher?

So, I just now updated the list in my previous post to include 49 additional names based on first name differences like Chris/Christopher Steele you mentioned. Many Dave/Davids, Joe/Josephs, Drew/Andrews, Chris/Christophers, etc... even a misspelling here or there. I have no way to testing for last name differences, but we (and by we, I don't mean me) are currently up to 1,458 legacy Dopey runners.

You're amazing! Really do appreciate the help. It gives us a general idea.

Thanks for your help on this guys! So will the legacy runners get any special recognition for doing Dopey #3 this year? Or does that not happen until #5 or higher?

They won't do anything until year 5. Then the fun begins! :)

Congrats! I added your info. I'll reattach a current list copy in a few days.

As a fellow Dopey Legacy, in case you didn't know (or were interested) there are unofficially 1,398 people who completed Dopey in year 1 and 2. :) It will be interesting to see how many are still there after year 3.

http://runknittravel.com/2015/02/03/dopey-legacy-numbers/

Thank you so much for the link. I had no idea! I started running the WDW Marathon in 2001, but this is my first time being a legacy runner. It's really exciting :-)

Alright everyone, attached is a new version of the Marathon Weekend Dis'ers listing. Some new people were added (welcome) and some people changed their information. If you have any questions/comments or don't see your name and want to be included let me know. Just think, it's almost here! :D

Attachments

• Marathon Weekend Dis'ers 2015_12_15.pdf
    287.9 KB · Views: 10
Congrats! Hey if you're interested we've got a list of dis'ers participating in marathon weekend. If you're interested in meeting up with other dis'ers in your corral send me the following info and I'll add you. Invitation goes out to anyone else who hasn't already sent me the info. We've got like 50-60 people so far in corrals from A through P.

Race- Dopey
Name- Juan Montoya and Trina Boisvenue
Bib#
Dis'er Name-Donk3
Costume- none for me something my wife will come up with
Corral- E for her and F for me , probably will run in F together
Early Bird/Late Arriver to corral- Early
Front/Middle/Back lining up in the corral- Front
Expected Pace
- 6-7 minute km (dont know what in miles , coming from canada )

Anyone else freaking out ?!?! we are about 10-14 days away from the marathon weekend ! I know I am ! cant wait till its time to line up on the thursday and finally start doing what I been training for the past 6 months !!

Anyone else freaking out ?!?! we are about 10-14 days away from the marathon weekend ! I know I am ! cant wait till its time to line up on the thursday and finally start doing what I been training for the past 6 months !!

I, too, am looking forward to getting this Dopey started off...I'm just not that excited about the four stratight 3AM-ish wake-ups!!!

I, too, am looking forward to getting this Dopey started off...I'm just not that excited about the four stratight 3AM-ish wake-ups!!!
Haha I don't blame you , I wake up for that time to go to work and do an hour commute so it's not that much different than my day to day wake up routine

About this time last year was so excited and anxious to get to Florida and take on Dopey Challenge. Sitting this year (and next) out but wishing all of you best of luck with weather, health, stamina, getting up early each day, and whatever goals you have set for this week. In just a few days you will have accomplished an amazing feat and become members of the Dopey fraternity for the first or multiple times. By this time next week, you will be sharing your stories on this thread and either hoping to go Dopey again or never want to hear the words "Dopey Challenge" again.

Don't forget to wear those medals on Sunday afternoon and night!

Make sure those alarms are set and have a good run in the am. After tomorrow we will have 3 down and only 45 to go. Have a great race!

Good luck to all you Dopey runners and have fun! I admire your strength and endurance in taking on this challenge!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter