Official 2016 Star Wars Half Marthon - The Dark Side Weekend

The funny thing is we have some great pics of random people in our account. In a facebook group I'm in people have been posting lost pictures. I found one woman in our 5k pictures on this thread :) Fingers crossed more pics show up for you soon!
The 2 character photos showed up when I re-entered our bib numbers but still nothing from the finish line for our other party member

Yes, he was in the correct line for the Dark Side Challenge, but no border on picture. He really doesn't care. I just wondered if that was an issue for others.
I see. If he DID care, you could email PP through the link on the website and let them know -- ask to add the border. When our 5K pics had the wrong border, I emailed them and they corrected it. :)

I just got the most unimpressive call from run Disney regarding my merchandise email complaint...

"hi we are so sorry about your merchandise concerns. we have made the merchandise team aware of your complaint and will look to address it in the future. thank you for writing to us."

I almost would have rather them not called...

Disney parks do an incredible job with customer service, however, time after time the Run Disney customer service lets me down. I guess its shame on me for continuing to do race after race and expecting something different.

I just got the most unimpressive call from run Disney regarding my merchandise email complaint...

"hi we are so sorry about your merchandise concerns. we have made the merchandise team aware of your complaint and will look to address it in the future. thank you for writing to us."

Disney parks do an incredible job with customer service, however, time after time the Run Disney customer service lets me down. I guess its shame on me for continuing to do race after race and expecting something different.
I don't know if this is a runDisney thing, we bought something as a gift while we were at Darkside and when the person opened the box it was broken (it was obvious that it came from the factory that way). So we called the merchandise department to get a replacement and they were not very nice. No one ever apologized and after we sent in pictures like they asked they never followed up. We had to keep calling to get answers. They made it right in the end but it is not the same customer service as in the past.

In the past couple years, Disney has decided to compartmentalize every aspect of the business. So parks and resorts are now separate, and so their operations have to sink or swim on their own. runDisney, I believe, is not only compartmentalized, but may be an entirely different entity. Is Track Shack the operating company, or just race registration? I'm not sure, as when you call a regular CM they will redirect you to 'runDisney' or put you on hold to call them. I'm just not sure what the relationship is.

Having said that, they definitely need help. If you want to buy something from Disney, they move heaven and earth to get your money. runDisney, clearly, does not. I don't know if the folks at Disney parks are aware of what that crew is doing to their name, but it isn't good.

I sent an email to Run Disney regarding merchandise availability at the expo and my falsely advertised Dooney. I received the automated reply...we received your email and will get back to you within 7 days. No reply yet...time is up! If I do get a reply, it'll be a canned response that won't really address any issues.

I wonder if we're all barking up the wrong tree.
I think that feedback should go to Disney. They ultimately decide how to run (!!) these races. No one knows or cares who the contractor is. When/if things go badly, that can impact Disney's brand.

I believe Track Shack is responsible for all runDisney race management.

Yup - TrackShack will not help you with anything other than operating issues related to the race weekend itself.

Also, RunDisney does not handle registration or the issues that come with it, that is done by Active and a (very small) team they devote to those issues. The secret email address for them is WDWSportsRegistration@disney.com - they handle registration issues (wrong name, birthdate, etc.), refunds/transfers and deferrals.

TrackShack creates corrals based on how Active.com ranks you based on your PoT. They don't have anything to do with any of the races until about two weeks prior to the race itself, and even then will likely make note of your issue and only help you if you take the time to go to Runner Relations.

At this point, I don't think "RunDisney" itself does anything other that update the website and answer the phones to take messages and send them to the correct outsourced entity that may/may not eventually respond to you.

I learned all of this the very, very hard way over Princess Weekend and am still dealing with it now heading into Tinkerbell Weekend.

Can anyone help me to figure out where I would be in the half marathon corrals in an upcoming runDisney event if I entered my POT of 1:18:19 from the PHM 10k? I've heard they use the McMillian (sp?), but have no idea how to go about calculating.

Can anyone help me to figure out where I would be in the half marathon corrals in an upcoming runDisney event if I entered my POT of 1:18:19 from the PHM 10k? I've heard they use the McMillian (sp?), but have no idea how to go about calculating.

Here you go. This site will help you figure out the estimated finish for a half.

1:18 looks like a 2:53 finish estimation.

Then you can look at past race corrals to get an idea of where you may land. Each race is different, and each year the corrals will be slightly different based on the field of runners.

I post a lot of those corrals on my blog (in signature) if you can't find what you need on Google. Happy to help if you are looking for a specific race, too!

Also, RunDisney does not handle registration or the issues that come with it, that is done by Active and a (very small) team they devote to those issues. The secret email address for them is WDWSportsRegistration@disney.com - they handle registration issues (wrong name, birthdate, etc.), refunds/transfers and deferrals.
Oooh....wish I had that one before. Had issues with DH having my name on his registration (I registered us all and when I put in CC name and number on his it somehow changed his name to mine). Multiple calls and emails later we still had to stand in a very long line at the Expo to get things fixed (though his bib still had my name on it). There was a couple in the line in front of us with the same issue.

Oooh....wish I had that one before. Had issues with DH having my name on his registration (I registered us all and when I put in CC name and number on his it somehow changed his name to mine). Multiple calls and emails later we still had to stand in a very long line at the Expo to get things fixed (though his bib still had my name on it). There was a couple in the line in front of us with the same issue.

That's EXACTLY what happened to me at Princess, though they'd fixed everything in the computer system so at least it showed up as me in Runner Tracking even though my chip had my husband's info. If they were going to use his info, I wish they'd used his save PoT, too!! :tongue:

I sent an email to Run Disney regarding merchandise availability at the expo and my falsely advertised Dooney. I received the automated reply...we received your email and will get back to you within 7 days. No reply yet...time is up! If I do get a reply, it'll be a canned response that won't really address any issues.

I wrote them the email as well, and im fairly certain that they responded 7 days after I wrote it almost to the minute that I sent it. It wasnt even a "sorry for your bad experience" phone call. It was more of a "we received your email and will let someone else know about it" phone call. Im not looking for a handout, you just want to hear that the legitimately care about your concern. Did not get that vibe at all.

rD customer support sucks, IMO. I have had to call them about 5 times over the years, and they have been totally uncaring.

With all the negativity, I thought I'd share one personal story of Disney magic from SWDS just to lighten things up. My wife and I went to the expo to pick up our bibs around 10:00 Wednesday morning. She had never been to an expo before and found a couple of things (Sparkle Skirts, Sparkly Bands) that she wanted, but she hadn't brought her CC with her. So she borrowed my Disney Visa. After she handed it back to me, I just slipped it into the pocket with my cell phone and didn't think about it again, until we were heading back to the buses after lunch at the WWoS cafe. I checked my wallet and pockets and NO credit card! We retraced our steps through the whole expo and lunch venue. No credit card! I was already trying to figure out how to handle the loss of the card, as the entire vacation was tied to it. The cast members at the WWoS cafe told us that all lost and found items were turned in to the Box Office next door. Despairing and not expecting to find anything, we stopped at the Box Office. When we asked if a CC had been turned in, the cast member asked for an ID then turned around and handed us the CC!! Talk about a relief! I don't know anywhere else I would have that kind of luck or magic. As best I can surmise, the card came out of my pocket when I pulled my cell phone out at lunch and either a guest or a CM found it and turned it in.

I wrote them the email as well, and im fairly certain that they responded 7 days after I wrote it almost to the minute that I sent it. It wasnt even a "sorry for your bad experience" phone call. It was more of a "we received your email and will let someone else know about it" phone call. Im not looking for a handout, you just want to hear that the legitimately care about your concern. Did not get that vibe at all.

I got a form email back as well about my concerns. Got it about a week later. I had sent an email about lack of merchandise available first thing Friday morning when the Expo opened.

I wrote to them about the possibility of using the 1/2 marathon finish area border on the other race pics, but they said they were not able to port it to my other pics. Seems odd since the border is there and the race pics are there. Any forum members good with photoshop that could extract the finish line border for us to use on our other pics?

I just wanted to add that I'm so sorry this race is over! Still missing being at Disney. Ready for another race in a bit. Fingers crossed it works out do to the challenge next year and I'll be enviously stalking the other race threads :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter