Official 2017 Disneyland Half Marathon Weekend Thread

Any idea when they may give us an idea about theming for the weekend?

Any idea when they may give us an idea about theming for the weekend?
Seriously. I'm already signed up for the 5K with my BFF but I'm contemplating the 10K. The theme will be the make or break for me on whether I sign up for it.

Signed up for the 10K (along with DH, and DD's x3). We all just did the Light Side 5K and 10K and are definitely hooked. Only doing the 10K for DL 1/2 to minimize missed school days. Unless the theme or medals are just too great to pass up...!

Medals are really what's holding me back from registering for Double Dare or half or other combination. I think we are still a bit far out from getting medals - so your guess is as good as mine.

Is this race more popular than the Light Side? Obviously that was open for 10k and Half until the day before race. I'm signed up for the 5k with some friends but I'm not sure if I'm going to do the challenge or not. I wish they would announce more details about these races, especially since they want us to sign up so much sooner than before.

Wow I'm amazed that there are still spots available - I've always wanted to do a runDisney but never really managed to register in time (plus, I live rather far away from the US). Seriously contemplating the 10K, wondering if I should just sign up for it now... (Main issue is getting annual leave, plus it's a seriously long way to fly for a run!)

Wow I'm amazed that there are still spots available - I've always wanted to do a runDisney but never really managed to register in time (plus, I live rather far away from the US). Seriously contemplating the 10K, wondering if I should just sign up for it now... (Main issue is getting annual leave, plus it's a seriously long way to fly for a run!)

This weekend hasn't been a huge sell out the last couple of years. For the Diamond Anniversary running two years ago TAs at least had bibs well into the summer time. Last year I'm not even sure the rD registrations sold out. TAs were offering challenge bibs for near half price as the race got close. Now with rD removing "Dumbo" from the challenge and throwing more mystery onto the theme than usual coupled with the general slowdown in registrations (and the super early red start) I think more people than ever are waiting for more event info before committing.

I agree with @camaker - the race reg dates are so close to the beginning of the year that I can't justify Disneyland Half, Avengers Half, Dopey, and others right now. I'm waiting until I see the medals so I can plan what I want to do. Running for a Tow Mater medal holds less value to me than a Gaston medal.

My reasons may be different than others, but that's why I'm waiting.

To some extent being so far away the early registration helps me. A trip from Australia to the US requires a lot of pre-planning to get a good deal, so being able to lock in registration so many months in advance is quite helpful planning wise.

I usually do W&D and Avengers (as I can get Coast2Coast in one trip) but this year I was going to be in the US in September anyway, so have signed up for DDD. Dopey was a big goal, so I've decided to come back 5 months later and do that as well (takes me about 26 hours to get from home in Oz to my resort door in Orlando!).

To some extent being so far away the early registration helps me. A trip from Australia to the US requires a lot of pre-planning to get a good deal, so being able to lock in registration so many months in advance is quite helpful planning wise.

I usually do W&D and Avengers (as I can get Coast2Coast in one trip) but this year I was going to be in the US in September anyway, so have signed up for DDD. Dopey was a big goal, so I've decided to come back 5 months later and do that as well (takes me about 26 hours to get from home in Oz to my resort door in Orlando!).

I like your commitment.

This weekend hasn't been a huge sell out the last couple of years. For the Diamond Anniversary running two years ago TAs at least had bibs well into the summer time. Last year I'm not even sure the rD registrations sold out. TAs were offering challenge bibs for near half price as the race got close. Now with rD removing "Dumbo" from the challenge and throwing more mystery onto the theme than usual coupled with the general slowdown in registrations (and the super early red start) I think more people than ever are waiting for more event info before committing.

Sounds like I have a bit of time left before deciding whether to commit? It's really rather expensive when I'm not even sure I can make it there for the run! (Plus, I'm debating whether I can make it up to a half-marathon... currently can jog a 10K but not sure I have time to train to increase that)

Unfortunately work approves my annual leave very late - e.g. I only just booked my upcoming WDW trip (for early March), as I only got approval for my annual leave about a week ago! So the early registration doesn't help me at all, as I will likely have no idea if I can have the annual leave until July or thereabouts...

And sadly I actually live even further away than you do - my upcoming WDW trip will be 2 flights (13 hours + 9 hours), plus a 6 hour transit in the middle, plus travelling to/from airports, immigration at MCO... :( I really wish I lived closer to DL/WDW!

Are you saying Travel Agents had the Dumbo Challenge half off close to the race last year? Are there agents this board recommends?

I was thinking about signing up for the Dumbo Challenge this year because last year's medal was awesome. Now I'm not so sure since they are changing it.

Are you saying Travel Agents had the Dumbo Challenge half off close to the race last year? Are there agents this board recommends?

I was thinking about signing up for the Dumbo Challenge this year because last year's medal was awesome. Now I'm not so sure since they are changing it.

I bought my bib for Dumbo on the last day TA's could sell bibs last year. I think it was about $20 cheaper, but I couldn't find any that were more than that. The TA I used did give me a pretty good discount on park tickets (I think I saved about $50 on a 4 day ticket).

I bought my bib for Dumbo on the last day TA's could sell bibs last year. I think it was about $20 cheaper, but I couldn't find any that were more than that. The TA I used did give me a pretty good discount on park tickets (I think I saved about $50 on a 4 day ticket).

Oh I see. At the Star Wars Light Side Expo they were giving discounts for the Dark Side and Tinkerbell races since they weren't sold out. I believe it was also around $20 or $25.

Oh I see. At the Star Wars Light Side Expo they were giving discounts for the Dark Side and Tinkerbell races since they weren't sold out. I believe it was also around $20 or $25.

I went back to my old e-mails and it wasn't quite as deep a discount as I thought. Acclaim was charging $399 for a DDD bib at the time registration opened and that dropped to $299 in the summer time. That includes Active fees and a cancellation option.

Well they released the themes for Avengers weekend - I wish they would release them for this weekend. I need to know if I need to sign up for the 10K as well as the 5K. :rolleyes1:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter