******Official 2017 Free Dining Plan Watch, Wait, and Dream

Status
Not open for further replies.
It is exciting, it's all part of the anticipation of the trip. It feels like it's part of the vacation. And....it makes the vacation itself run smoooooth! If no planning was done, I think we'd spend so much time discussing a strategy once we got there that time would be wasted. Plus I love knowing where I'm going to eat every night and really look forward to enjoying the restaurants I love.

My husband now rolls his eyes every time I open my mouth because he knows it is going to be about our Disney trip. I just can't stop talking about it and planning. SO much goes into it, but it's so exciting!

Same here! He starts rolling his eyes! :rolleyes: :rolleyes2 He says there is something wrong with you! I said no I'm just obsessed with Disney!:eek:::MickeyMo::MinnieMo No complaints from him though when we are there! :goodvibes

I'm just thinking about ticket requirements.

Last few years you added Waterpark or Hopper to your base ticket.
This year the Waterpark ticket no longer exists as an add on to your base ticket. You have to buy a Hopper Plus ticket which includes the water parks.

I wonder if it will just be a hopper ticket you'll need to buy or if you'll have to pay the up charge to get both hopper and Waterpark to take advantage of FD.

As someone with two young kids who don't yet know how to swim, we'd pass on FD in that case unless it still works out to be financially beneficial. That's pushing dangerously close to the break even point.

As someone with two young kids who don't yet know how to swim, we'd pass on FD in that case unless it still works out to be financially beneficial. That's pushing dangerously close to the break even point.
I get it. We have five day tickets I earned for free that we are going to combine with two day tickets that we have to get for free dining. But if we are forced to take one of the more expensive rooms (pirate or royal room) AND add the waterparks, it might actually be cheaper to do a room only.
It's important to work out the prices before the big day, as I imagine it will be moving fast when the discount drops and I won't have time to sit and compare. I'm going to make a chart ahead of time.

It would be an extra $15 per ticket to add the water parks to the hopper.

I get it. We have five day tickets I earned for free that we are going to combine with two day tickets that we have to get for free dining. But if we are forced to take one of the more expensive rooms (pirate or royal room) AND add the waterparks, it might actually be cheaper to do a room only.
It's important to work out the prices before the big day, as I imagine it will be moving fast when the discount drops and I won't have time to sit and compare. I'm going to make a chart ahead of time.

The comparison chart is really a great idea! There are a lot of moving parts - reservations with/without DP (would we spend less - likely), CBR discount, Value + upgrade vs. Mod, PH/WP add on.. ah!

That's what I do....I have all my top resorts priced out for full price then I do a room discount....based on historical room discounts and factor in the cost of the dining plan. Since there's 4 of us...FD is usually the best bet but if you're only a party of 2 room discounts tend to be a better deal at the deluxes.

I just can't stop talking about it and planning. SO much goes into it, but it's so exciting!

Exactly! I can't stop talking about it - and especially love it when my kids ask questions about it - I go on and on and on. Even though they are older now, they still love going as much as I do. We make a countdown chain and they can't wait to tear a link off every day. There is nothing else like planning and going on a Disney trip - it's the only thing we do as a family where EVERYONE is happy the WHOLE time! Now come on FD!!

I have already made my chart. I show the hotels that we are interested in. I figure out how much it's going to cost with the free dining, I added money for the tips, extra money for if we want any drinks or anything and then I have a column showing where I'm doing the room only and I figured what I believe the percentages off may be compared to years past and then I add in price of tickets, our food and any drinks or anything that we may have so that way I can look at the chart and I know pretty close to how much each one is going to cost us. Then I base my decision on that.

I did make a basic cost comparison, but it doesn't even begin to cover each room category at each place. I have a bottom line number where it makes more sense to switch to renting points and just use the free tickets I already have. If I can't get free dining at one of the mods in the lower category rooms, (no pirate , no royal), then the next best option is Room Only at CBR with the gift cards (if rooms are left at that point), then next is renting points at OKW (which Dh doesn't dislike, but doesn't love).

I keep whining about the exchange rate for Canadians but it's so awful right now, and slated to get worse. I have to be very careful not to blow through my budget. My $3600 package is already costing me $5000 :(. I can't go much higher or I need to go offsite. We love offsite but we really wanted this to be an onsite trip and all the restaurants that we've not been to in years.

C'mon free dining:sunny:

My husband now rolls his eyes every time I open my mouth because he knows it is going to be about our Disney trip. I just can't stop talking about it and planning. SO much goes into it, but it's so exciting!
This is literally the very same at our house right now. Whatever subject is brought up, I can turn it into a Disney conversation. I'm obsessed and I think I might need help.

What I'm hearing is that numbers are down across the board and is making more likely that more dates maybe offered than normal, or expected, not a certainty but what I've heard. This is also why it maybe offered sooner than normal.

I just read something similar to this from a blog updated this morning. Numbers are down and projected numbers are down, and therefore FD will likely be the same as (or possibly expanded) for 2017. They also are saying the release date will likely be early to middle of April, rather than the last week of April like last year.

I just read something similar to this from a blog updated this morning. Numbers are down and projected numbers are down, and therefore FD will likely be the same as (or possibly expanded) for 2017. They also are saying the release date will likely be early to middle of April, rather than the last week of April like last year.
Thank goodness. Do you think they will release the December dates at the same time they release the earlier dates

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter