"Official" 2017 Mickey's Not-So-Scary Halloween Party - Boo to You!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hope for those interested this is not the case. I cannot imagine purchasing a party ticket and an ADR for the parade AND Dessert package for the fireworks - it's just too crazy and cost prohibitive for many.
I agree that that would be ridiculous. And as it stands (dessert party with no parade viewing), I will be cancelling altogether.

However, if they offered something akin to the Villains Sinister Soirée that they did in 2014, I would purchase tickets to that in a heartbeat!!!!! It was my favorite thing we have *ever* done at Disney. That said, you really need to be able to go to two MNSSHPs to attend something like the Soirée. It took up a ridiculous amount of time. So it's definitely on the extremely pricey side. But, for us, it was SO worth it.

This is fantastic and I urge everyone to hop on board. Very soon Disney will offer "Frozen Happily Ever After Dessert Party that includes Illuminations AND a FEA ride for the same price not to mention the Christmas desert party has both fireworks AND parade. Disney did respond when we wrote about our dismay with the rides not being included.

We actually don't know if Disney changed their mind about the rides or if that was an oversight that was corrected when brought to their attention. Even at the time, there were conflicting stories depending on who you talked to at Disney. It's nice to think people had some influence, but that's not necessarily the case.

Unfortunately, there are still enough people who will pay for the dessert party as is, so there's no real incentive for Disney to add the parade in. Only when they can't sell something will anything change.

You know, the more I think about it, the announcement of something like the Villains Sinister Soirée makes total sense: 1) the weird removal of Club Villain from the website entirely (and the rumors that the hard "decorations" for that event have been completely removed from DHS; 2) no parade viewing at the Hallowishes dessert party; 3) no ADRs available at CRT after 6:00 pm on party nights.

Hmmmmm. Fingers crossed!!

Last year we did two MNSSHP parties and did the dessert party, which we really liked for the parade viewing and the desserts, but the fireworks view is not so great. The second party night, we watched the fireworks again from the middle of the hub, which is my preferred straight on view for my favorite fireworks, Hallowishes. We had already decided not to do the Halloween dessert party this year as we are only doing one party night. We did however decide to do the Star Wars Dessert Party, and I'm super excited about everything that is included with that dessert party. The value of it seems awesome! I personally would not have interest in doing the halloween dessert party again without it including the reserved parade viewing area.

We have been to several parties over the years, and always watch the parade. I see some asking about standing/sitting on main street to watch the parade. If you want to sit on the curb on main street for the Boo To You parade, you will have to be there before an hour before. I see some saying they will show up an hour before, and from our experience you will not find a sitting spot on main street. Maybe closer to town square area. People start saving spots very early for the parade. Too early I think! We love watching on main street and we have shown up about an hour before and we found standing spots right behind the people sitting on the curb. I will caution, that the worst part is defending those spots as it gets closer to time for the parade. People do try to just cut in front of you, push in front of you etc. That was why we loved the dessert party's reserved parade viewing. It was so stress free.

You know, the more I think about it, the announcement of something like the Villains Sinister Soirée makes total sense: 1) the weird removal of Club Villain from the website entirely (and the rumors that the hard "decorations" for that event have been completely removed from DHS; 2) no parade viewing at the Hallowishes dessert party; 3) no ADRs available at CRT after 6:00 pm on party nights.

Hmmmmm. Fingers crossed!!

I agree, not sure if it would be specifically Villains Sinister Soiree, but something is definitely up. The lack of after 6pm ADRs and the removal of the parade viewing from the dessert party can't be coincidental.

It would be nice if they could announce everything at once when it comes to the special events, but I guess then we'd have nothing to obsess over while we wait...

Hanging on to my dessert party booking for now and waiting and see how this all pans out.

I know I have read this somewhere in the thread but it is so long, I can't find the answer I am looking for. We are going to the first MNSSHP on August 25th. My fastpass window has opened up today (we are staying on site for 2 weeks). I can book my FP's for MNSSHP today. In the Fastpass window, I can select a fastpass time of 6:30 (which would be 6:30-7:30 ride time). There are no fastpasses available after 6:30 (which is expected as the party starts at 7pm). I have read some conflicting reports about whether Disney would cancel fastpasses booked after a certain time (6:00pm?). But I also would have thought the system would be adjusted to not allow that. Any thoughts? I can easily make a fastpass reservation for 5:00-6:00 but would rather push out the time to sneak more fastpasses in during the pre-party hours.

I know I have read this somewhere in the thread but it is so long, I can't find the answer I am looking for. We are going to the first MNSSHP on August 25th. My fastpass window has opened up today (we are staying on site for 2 weeks). I can book my FP's for MNSSHP today. In the Fastpass window, I can select a fastpass time of 6:30 (which would be 6:30-7:30 ride time). There are no fastpasses available after 6:30 (which is expected as the party starts at 7pm). I have read some conflicting reports about whether Disney would cancel fastpasses booked after a certain time (6:00pm?). But I also would have thought the system would be adjusted to not allow that. Any thoughts? I can easily make a fastpass reservation for 5:00-6:00 but would rather push out the time to sneak more fastpasses in during the pre-party hours.

It seems like the past few years have initially allowed these post-6:30 FP+ but then cancelled them later. I would just do 3:30, 4:30, and 5:30, and then you won't have to worry about it.

In 2016 any FP that was past 6:30 were canceled by Disney. Some reported they received emails and others received no warning. Disney has been changing things up this year so I don't think anyone can tell you how to play this out unfortunately you'll have to take a risk. Please report back and let us know what happens. Good luck!

Did the CM give any explanation why it is not offered during MNSSHP?

what confirmation did you receive that this will be happening during MVMCP? TIA

If you can post a screen shot of your email confirmation that would be most helpful especially for those at the MVMCP thread. Thank You!!!

DS and I will be attending the party on 10/3! It occurred to me this morning we could also do the party on 10/5, but I haven't decided yet. I do tentatively have a dessert party booked, but I'll cancel if parade viewing isn't added back in. We're also doing the Sleepy Hollow event on 10/6.

DS is going to be Captain Jack Sparrow, but I am undecided. Any recommendations for a pregnant-friendly costume? I'll be around 25 weeks at that point (not huge, but definitely showing). All I can find is Mike Wazowski, BB-8, and the Death Star on the belly - and I'd rather do a full costume.

I'm curious about th exact start and end times for FP on a party ticket. Can I make a FP at 3:15 even though I won't be entering until 4pm - maybe 3:45 ;)

I'm curious about th exact start and end times for FP on a party ticket. Can I make a FP at 3:15 even though I won't be entering until 4pm - maybe 3:45 ;)

Yes. You can even make one for in the morning. You just couldn't use it. Your "practical" FP+ time would be 4:00-4:15.

Would it be realistic to go to DHS in the morning, eat there, come back to POP, change into costumes+makeup and make it to MNSSHP?

Sure. We're doing AK that morning then a late lunch at Whispering Canyon before back to the resort to rest and get costumes on. We don't plan to get to the party until about 5:00 that day. We have a car which saves us a lot of time in the hopping around, plus we are staying at CR so quick access to MK. Not sure I would attempt that schedule otherwise. But to go from to one park and then back to POP and then MK is totally doable and you shouldn't feel too rushed at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter